Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous::) Actually, Harry likes Africa so much, I think he might pick a girl from a country there. :ermm:

That wouldn't surprise me, especially given the example of Chelsy. I think anyone from a Commonwealth nation would be a good possibility. I just have my doubts about an American as a choice (and I say that as an American myself!). :)

I think Canada will be as "close" as the US gets to the throne, again...;):D

My guess is that the boys will marry someone in their "circle", and it would be pretty hard for an American girl to break in. Certainly, less hard for an attractive girl from a Commonwealth country.

I confess that I've never really heard of Alexandra Knatchbull before (her family, yes, of course) but the more I see of her the more I like her as a potential bride for Prince William. She has a good combination of looks, family background, education and probably a better than average understanding of what the job would require. Mind you, I don't think that Kate is going anywhere but one can always hope for an upset! :whistling:

Maybe Chelsea Clinton for William?

But Chelsea isn't her Mom or Dad just like Barbara isn't her Dad or Grandpa. Why would their family politics affect their love lives? Netherlands didn't like the idea of Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus but they loved him in the end; Maxima's family politics was questioned as well and she's doing great.

:previous:

Sorry, but I think it makes a difference if your family/father has been involved in politics or if he has been the President of the United States of America :flowers:

But Chelsea isn't her Mom or Dad just like Barbara isn't her Dad or Grandpa. Why would their family politics affect their love lives? Netherlands didn't like the idea of Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus but they loved him in the end; Maxima's family politics was questioned as well and she's doing great.

The future wife of the future king of the United Kingdom must be clear of obvious political links, especially to a country as friendly as the US is to the UK.

How other monarchies operate isn't relevant to how the British do things. Each monarchy is different with different standards.

Imagine if there were discussions taking place between Britain and the US over an issue that would normally involve the US Secretary of State, currently Mrs Clinton. Could she do her job properly, or could the British for that matter, with Chelsea a member of the British Royal Family that would be impacted by the decision or have to sign off on the decision. There would be all sorts of problems.

Unfortunate for the young people if they did fall in love but that is the way it is.

:previous::) The rumor is that Chelsea Clinton is engaged, anyhow.

Chelsea Clinton is apparently engaged to Marc Mezvinsky, son of a former Iowa congressman.

But Chelsea is a lovely girl, she'd make a lovely princess except i'd love for her to use her middle name if she became Queen. Then she'd be Queen Victoria. :flowers:

Paging Bessie Wallis, Paging Bessie Wallis, Mrs. Simpson, your presence is requested. . .

:D

Was she really the last American to marry into the RF? :eek: Nevertheless she was an interesting woman...:D

:previous:
She was indeed.
Born in Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania :flowers:

But Autumn Kelly is Canadian don't forget. But I know that belongs to us.

But I know that belongs to us.

I don't think so...;)

Canada belongs to Canada as it is an entirely seperate monarchy from that of the British. It may be the same Queen, but Canada is a sovereign nation.

^ I find that confusing and illogical. The only thing I know is that Canada was fought over by the US. Canada is now part of the Commonwealth, so I'm not sure how it can be a 'separate monarchy'. Could you please explain?

^ I find that confusing and illogical. The only thing I know is that Canada was fought over by the US. Canada is now part of the Commonwealth, so I'm not sure how it can be a 'separate monarchy'. Could you please explain?

The same way as Australia is a separate monarchy.

The Queen is Queen of Australia in her own right.

Each of the various countries of the Commonwealth that have the Queen as Head of State do so independently of each other. She is their Queen in the same way as she is the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland AND her dominions over the seas (or however it is worded).

When she comes to Australia it isn't as the Queen of the UK but as the Queen of Australia.

When she goes to Canada she goes as the Queen of Canada.

Back in the 1700s the French and British fought the Seven Years War which the British won and one of the prizes for the British was Canada. That is why Canada became part of the Empire and remains part of the Commonwealth to this day.

Like Australia though Canada is a separate monarchy to the UK or to NZ. We just all happen to have the same monarch but we are independent of each other.

Oh, thank you. :)

That's interesting. I was of the opinion, that HM isn't actually 'Queen of Australia'. Well, they'll have to dispense with the "Our Princess Mary" moniker, then, eh? It's a bit rude and disrespectful.

Oh, thank you. :)

That's interesting. I was of the opinion, that HM isn't actually 'Queen of Australia'. Well, they'll have to dispense with the "Our Princess Mary" moniker, then, eh? It's a bit rude and disrespectful.

Mary is, of course, nothing to Australia (although many Australians find her interesting).

However the Queen is most certainly 'our Queen' as she does hold the title Queen of Australia.

The rest of the British Royal Family have no status here so Prince Charles isn't a Prince of Australia although, unless we have a referendum to change things, he will become King of Australia the instant his mother dies. However, Camilla, regardless of whether or not she uses the title Queen Camilla, won't be Queen of Australia as only the Head of State has any significance or title here.

I don't think so...;)

Canada belongs to Canada as it is an entirely seperate monarchy from that of the British. It may be the same Queen, but Canada is a sovereign nation.

Well then Canada is part of the Commonwealth. ;)
I think William and Harry will both take brides from the commonwealth. :flowers:

Really? I should 'hope' they both take (if their hearts should dictate) a British bride.

If only Kate (or whoever) were Welsh...;)...Too one day be a Welsh Princess of Wales would I'm sure make the Welsh state quite happy and provide the distinction with even greater significance, even if only for a generation and where the spouse is concerned...:D

Hypotheticals, eh?...

May I endeavour to ask how it is you came to any such conclusion?

Of course, you may, but no, I won't answer since the question is irrelevant, unnecessary, and dare I say, provocative?

If you care to state why it is of interest to you, then I might consider a polite answer.

Thank you once agan, iluvbertie. :flowers:

There's no reason not to be polite should a response be formulated. It was a perfectly cordial question with no strings attatched. I asked how it is you came to the conclusion, or of the opinion, that the Queen of Australia is infact not the Queen of Australia.

Should you not wish to answer then of course, I certainly respect that right. As you've made mention, or have alluded to the possibility that your of an older generation (respectively), I guess I assumed (rightly or wrongly and given your apparent interest, or so it seems to me) that you would be well versed with the basic facts.

A harmless curiosity. No malice, of that I can protest most emphatically...:)

We are seriously off topic as it relates to the Queen, Canada, Australia, Princess Mary, etc. The topic of this thread are Preferred wives for William and Harry.

If you wish to discuss the role of the Queen as it relates to Canada, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ada-residences-governor-general-etc-7388.html

If you wish discuss the role of the Queen as it relates to Australia, please do so here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...lia-residences-governor-general-etc-7152.html

General questions about the Queen, the British Royal Family and the Commonwealth, should be discussed here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/the-queen-the-royal-family-and-the-commonwealth-4407.html

Future off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a British moderator and/or TRF administrator via Private Message.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

I read that Jecca Craig was at the Van Cutsem wedding 2 weeks ago. Isn't she the girl from South Africa who dated William some time ago? Maybe they would hook up again.

I read that Jecca Craig was at the Van Cutsem wedding 2 weeks ago. Isn't she the girl from South Africa who dated William some time ago? Maybe they would hook up again.

I think she was from Kenya but yes she is the girl.

William also missed Peter's wedding to go to her brother's wedding.

Jecca is engaged to be married to her boyfriend, Hugh Crossley. It was announced late last year.

Jecca is engaged to be married to her boyfriend, Hugh Crossley. It was announced late last year.

Ooo what a shame. I always liked Jecca. :flowers:
Chelsea Clinton.
Amanda Hearst. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom