Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Alexandra and the Prince were cousins?

Victoria of Battenberg > Princess Alice > Prince Philip > Prince Charles > Prince William

Victoria of Battenberg > Lord Louis Mounbatten > Patricia Mountbaten > Norton Knatchbull > Alexandra Knatchbull

So, they are third cousins :flowers:

Victoria of Battenberg > Princess Alice > Prince Philip > Prince Charles > Prince William

Victoria of Battenberg > Lord Louis Mounbatten > Patricia Mountbaten > Norton Knatchbull > Alexandra Knatchbull

So, they are third cousins :flowers:

Abit further apart then William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie then. :flowers:
Has the prince met Alexandra on recent occasions?
:)

Abit further apart then William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie then. :flowers:
Has the prince met Alexandra on recent occasions?
:)

The Mountbattens regularly attend royal functions so it is reasonably a safe bet that they do see each other on occasions.

What they think of each other is not really known.

Harry is never going to marry anyone like Chelsy...he knows his duty
Hey Zonk, you know that schlocky book I read and posted about over in the Wills and Kate thread? That book ("After Diana" by Andersen) painted Harry to be incredibly out of control and only with it when he was with Chelsey and that he was deeply in love with Chelsey.

I'd like to see Harry marry an American...I think he'd be into one of the Hearst girls...Amanda has more class but Lydia would keep him on his toes. Plus a Hearst marrying into royalty would be a very glamorous affair.

Hey Zonk, you know that schlocky book I read and posted about over in the Wills and Kate thread? That book ("After Diana" by Andersen) painted Harry to be incredibly out of control and only with it when he was with Chelsey and that he was deeply in love with Chelsey.

When I read it, I thought William came off more out of control and immature. I was surprised actually...

I'm not sure that Harry is into all that glamour..... He seems to like the one's that are more down to earth. :)

I think I have that book I will have to check it out.

No, if either of the boys marries an American (which I find highly unlikely) its not going to be anyone from Page Six. It will be an American blue blood whose lineage can be traced to the Mayflower and was raised by the mantra that the only time a woman's name should be in the newspaper is when she is born, marries and dies. The Hearst ladies are lovely but a step or two below Paris Hilton.

Marriage is a life time committment and the Windsor boys need to marry someone who takes it seriously. Nothing against Princess Caroline, but we don't need a future King of England who is on his second or third marriage (and this is not a slam against Prince Charles).

That's while like most people I would love a wedding (if its William and Kate then whatever) but William will be King of England and like Charles said before....when he gets married he has to do it right.

Last edited:
I would say Lydia Hearst is more Paris, but Amanda is respected and is often spotlighted in Vogue alongside other acceptable heiresses like Lauren Santo Domingo and Eugenie Niarchos, Lauren Bush, Charlotte Casirgahi...etc...

I would say Lydia Hearst is more Paris, but Amanda is respected and is often spotlighted in Vogue alongside other acceptable heiresses like Lauren Santo Domingo and Eugenie Niarchos, Lauren Bush, Charlotte Casirgahi...etc...

When Zonk mentioned Paris Hilton's name, I just remembered that she'd slammed Kate Middleton in the media. I've never heard of the Hearst girls - I'll have to look them up. I doubt William would marry anyone who wasn't British unless she was a royal in another country, but Harry's a different matter - I don't think it would matter where the girl he married came from. Though I was suprised when he dated Chelsy - until he did that, I hadn't pictured either of them with anyone who isn't from England.

I think because the world is so open now....its easier to travel and work in other countries other than your own...it probably isn't so far fetched for either of them to marry an American. Look at Frederick and Mary, William and Maxima, Joachiim and Alexandra/Marie, etc. Not that are Americans but these Princes met, fell in love and married women who are not from their country.

I think for Harry it definitely will be easier but William needs someone who is very familiar with the British monarchy and understands his role in the monarchy. And even then, it might not work. Look at his parents.

In reference to Paris Hilton, it doesn't even matter that she called Kate "mousy". Again, 20 years from now...the mouse might be Queen, and what did Julia Robert say in Notting Hill, Paris will be somebody who used to look like somebody (famous) a long time ago.

Last edited:
I found pictures of the Hearst girls - they're both pretty, blonde and models. That definitely seems like Harry's type.

Amanda Hearst
Eforu.com

Lydia Hearst ( I like the Twiggy-esque picture )
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/gahsoon/LydiaHearst-Shaw.jpg

From what I remember, she slithered over to Wills who patently IGNORED her until he couldn't, then acknowledged her and was rather embarrassed.
I guess you're "mousy" since you don't have a sex tape out. . .hmmmm
I read that, too - made me like them all the more ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I agree, out of the two of them...Harry is the one I can see going American. And he is a little more freed up with his choices than William is. You never know, I just think it would shake things up.

Britney Spears??? Haha... How about Harry and the younger Barbara Bush?

Not particularly fond of Paris Hilton's behaviour but at least she works for a living not connected to her parents' wherewithal ... that's more than KM can say.

I also don't think it's productive or successful to put another down to try to make someone else look good. Kate is far from spectacular, and comparing her to Paris Hilton doesn't say much, it doesn't raise the bar and much less convinces me of Kate's good qualities. Behaviour wise, yes, Kate has it all over Paris, but not in the work ethic stakes ...

And, if William was rude to Paris, then shame on him. He should have more good manners about him - regardless of Paris's reputation (unless she was harassing him). And, he should take a look at what his future subjects are saying about his own girlfriend ... it's rather hypocritical, IMO.

Thank YOU, Magnik. For the picures :flowers: Yes, its her in 2008.

What Alexandra thinks of William and William of Alexandra really isn't known, but Prince Philip is a close friend to her mother Lady Penny Romsey (now Baroness Brabourne) and the Knatchbulls were always quite close to Charles and the family. As Princess Diana once had a nervous breakdown (I have this seen in a documentary) it was Norton Knatchbull and his wife Penny who took care on her. And I read, Alexandra was Williams first big love (but I read it in some tabloids I have to say).

When did Diana have a nervous breakdown?

She wasn't out of the pubic eye for long enough to really have one and have the proper treatment for one.

Half the documentaries I have seen contradict the other half so I am always wary, just as I am with books etc.

There's footage from a polo match a few days before Diana married, she watched Charles playing Polo and she had to walk off very abrupt. In the documentary it was called breakdown and for me it really looked so. She seemed to be quite nervous while Penny Romsey talked to her and held her hand. The Knatchbulls finally took her to the car and drove her away. In this documentary they seemed (I'm quite wary too) to ask Charles what had happened and he said, as I remember right, that all the attention via the media had been too much for Diana over the last days.

William Windsor and Charollete Casirighi all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! get rid of the Catholic ban!!!!! let these 2 meet, marry and having beautiful babies:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First of all, walking away upset is not what I would characterize as a breakdown....but I am not a trained therapist. So I would characterize that as speculative.

:previous:

I never said upset, Zonk :flowers: I watched the scene again and again and to me she seemed to be a nervous wreck in this situation. But I agree, its speculative as you all seem to haven't seen it and such documentaries are always quite a razzle-dazzle as we all know. So, I won't say anything more, mainly because this is not a "Diana-Topic" :)

I found pictures of the Hearst girls - they're both pretty, blonde and models. That definitely seems like Harry's type.

Amanda Hearst
Eforu.com

Lydia Hearst ( I like the Twiggy-esque picture )
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/gahsoon/LydiaHearst-Shaw.jpg
Lydia Hearst

I read that, too - made me like them all the more ...
I just open the links and first what I saw it's that Amanda looks a little bit of like Madeleine of Sweden and Chelsy. hmmm
If I were Harry I would choose Amanda...

I'm with you on that choice, magnik. However, that said, I know nothing about her background, etc. She most certainly is a lovely lady.....

Here's more on Amanda Hearst from Wikipedia. She's a great-granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst, the famous publishing magnate. She's also the niece of Patty Hearst.

Something tells me that William and Harry won't be looking toward socialites from America for their brides, though I could be wrong. I have a feeling she'll either be British or from a Commonwealth nation.

After news on wiki Amanda Hearst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and other links she like art history and is one of heiress, eight years ago
was a debutante on Le Ball Crillon in Paris and is NY socialite and model.

She seems to be nice girl.
But after her family's past we can expect everything.

Amanda Randolph Hearst. Born: January 5th 1984 (Age = 25)

She is the child of Anne Hearst, a niece of kidnap victim Patty Hearst, and a great-granddaughter of media tycoon William Randolph Hearst. Her father is Richard McChesney, who separated from her mother before Hearst's birth.

Hearst attended Choate Rosemary Hall, a boarding school in Wallingford Connecticut. She graduated in 2002, enrolled at Boston College, and later transferred to Fordham University where she studies Art History.

Lydia Marie Hearst Shaw . Born September 19th 1984 (Age = 24)

A daughter of kidnapping victim and publishing heiress Patricia Campbell Hearst and Bernard Shaw, she was born and raised in Wilton, Connecticut. Her father, who was her mother's bodyguard before the couple's marriage, is now the head of security for the Hearst Corporation.
She briefly attended the Lawrenceville School. Since graduating from Wilton High School she attended Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut where she majored in communications and technology before being discovered by fashion photographer Steven Meisel. Her first modeling assignment was for the cover of the Italian edition of Vogue.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom