Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Bush or Amanda Heart would be interesting with William.

What a comprehensive list, CT!

I think it's interesting that there's a "Lady Katherine Howard" listed there - I'd think anyone with that name would want to avoid becoming Queen of England at all costs. It didn't work out too well for the last Katherine Howard! :)

^ Yeah, seriously.... it is probably an inside joke among the Howards/Norfolks.
She was one of the girls listed on this page: <<wills world>>

Given the list provided by CasiraghiTrio, I have to say that Prince William and Prince Henri have got many wonderful candidates to choose from. Lady Rosanagh, Viscountess Grimston nee Ines-Kerr could have been a great choice. The list of Princesses looks great as well. In my opinion, which is based solely on the photos, I would say that Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis would suit Prince William better than Princess Maria Teresia.

There were a lot of Roman Catholics in that list, but as we said it is pure fantasy.

Great list! Thank you so much.

My favourite would be Lady Edwina Grosvenor ... the first godchild of Diana :angel:

I edited the list a little bit, noting the Catholics, and adding a list for "rumored crushes"

If anyone thinks of people to add, speak up. I honestly couldn't remember others, but I know there are others ...............

I'm pretty sure the Thurn princesses are Catholic, and that the Howard girls are catholic seems certain but let me know if I'm wrong, please.

:cool:

I edited the list a little bit, noting the Catholics, and adding a list for "rumored crushes"

If anyone thinks of people to add, speak up. I honestly couldn't remember others, but I know there are others ...............

I'm pretty sure the Thurn princesses are Catholic, and that the Howard girls are catholic seems certain but let me know if I'm wrong, please.

CT, Lady Rosanaugh Innes-Ker married this June or was it july? Well either way I doubt she should be on the list :nonono:

The Thurn princesses are definitely Roman Catholic and the Howards too.
Never mind, it is a fantasy thread....:lol:

Yeah, I just figured it was worth noting who is Catholic. I figured the Howards must be Catholic because of the Duke of Norfolk, who I presume is their dad or brother? but wanted outside confirmation. :)

So I made a list for Former Contenders who Are no longer contenders because they married other people. LOL
Did someone say to those girls, "You coulda been a contender!" ? :lol:

There is a new contender I just learned of through google. I knew about Ladies Iona and Mary Douglas-Home but there is also Lady Emily.

She is granddaughter of the 13th Earl of Home
She was born on the 7th of February 1983. She studied art history @ Edinburgh University. Graduated with a Master of Art Honours degree. She works now at Sotheby's London.

From The Internet Forum
Lila the Flirt [posted this on] May 26, 2007, 04:27:58 PM

[Mary] Douglas-Home I believe, is the sister of Lady Iona Douglas-Home

David Douglas-Home, the 15th Earl of Home. He is the father of Lady Iona Douglas-Home.

He's the father of Lady Iona (born 1980) and Lady Mary (born 1982). Emily Douglas-Home, born 7 Feb 1983, is a cousin of these girls...Emily is in line to inherit a hereditary peerage as Baroness Dacre (created in 1321). Just think, if William married Emily the peerage would merge with the Crown...
Well, I didn't know this before now, but Lady Iona is no longer a contender:
Wills' Heir Kisses Apr 6 2008
By Marion Scott

PRINCE WILLIAM kissed a mystery blonde yesterday but girlfriend Kate Middleton didn't seem to mind...this time.
He embraced the female friend as he, Kate and Prince Harry turned up at the society wedding of a posh friend.
Scots heiress Iona Douglas Home, 27, got married to Irishman Tom Hewitt, 29, at St Andrew's Episcopal Church in Kelso.
Iona had been tipped as a bride for Wills before his romance with Kate.
The Royals arrived in black Range Rovers. One local said: "We'd heard there was going to be a grand wedding but had no idea the princes were guests.
"It was obvious they were among close friends by the way they were hugging and kissing everyone."

Source: The Sunday Mail
Wills' Heir Kisses - The Sunday Mail

Last edited:
Sorry if this was posted already
Print Page - Lovely gels for Wills
Pretty interesting.

That is a very interesting list! I think most are RC but on that note, a post on there caught by eye:

Title: Re: Lovely gels for Wills
Post by: fawbert on November 18, 2008, 07:16:47 PM

Indeed, if the heir to the throne fell for a Roman Catholic and pressed the issue, then the Act of Settlement would be adjusted accordingly. Or the lady in question would do an "Autumn" and convert to the C of E.

Yeah, I remember that quote now that you mentioned it. Maybe nowadays they could change it, who knows. Or do the same as in the Netherlands - the wife remains catholic, but the children are raised protestant.

Well, in Britain there is precedent for the wife remaining Catholic in exchange for the children being raised C of E. This was done in the case of Michael of Kent and Marie Christine.

Well, in Britain there is precedent for the wife remaining Catholic in exchange for the children being raised C of E. This was done in the case of Michael of Kent and Marie Christine.

But Michael did lose his place in the order of succession.

Most of the proposed girlfriends/wives/whatever for Prince Harry on this list are ridiculous or downright scary. It's anyone guess why Lady Kitty Spencer, his first cousin, was listed. I don't know if that is scarier than the idea of Sienna Miller being Princess Harry.

The most realistic ones, I guess, are Lydia, Alice, Charlotte, Ginny Fraser, Lady Henrietta, and I guess the AGC girls have a chance, but Isabella seems to have made it clear (though it's ignored) that she doesn't want to marry either William or Harry. I guess Pippa is possible, but it's a long stretch.

1. Lady Eloise Anson
2. Lydia Forte
3. Philippa Middleton :yuk:
4. Lady Kitty Spencer :ohmy:
5.Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe - they always mention her whenever they can & it's kind of annoying, I mean she's like the princess the media long to (not) have
6. Gabriella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (another sister act)
7. Alice Rothschild :cool:
8. Bee Schaffer
:bee:
9. Lady Henrietta Seymour - Prince Henry and his Henrietta :D
10. Charlotte Casiraghi
11. Virginia Fraser
12. Sienna Miller
13. Lily Cole :nonono:
14. Peaches Geldof
:wacko:
15. Chantelle Houghton :ermm:

Source: Who will hook Harry next? The eligible beauties who could help the Prince mend his broken heart | Mail Online

Last edited:
... [snipped]
5.Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe - they always mention her whenever they can & it's kind of annoying, I mean she's like the princess the media long to (not) have
6. Gabriella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (another sister act)
I would say that any of the Calthorpe sisters will be perfect choice: rich and attractive with some noble ancestors.
... 8. Bee Schaffer :bee:... [snipped]
That would be a very haute couture wedding of the century.

I could be wrong but he did but his children didn't until they "came out" publicly as Catholics. I do see you point though. If William marries a Catholic he would lose his place but his children would not. I would think that after SO many years the would make a change to the rules regarding marring a Catholic. I can see loosing your place if you are Catholic but I don't think that if you marry one you should lose your place in the order of succession.

But Michael did lose his place in the order of succession.

Al bina, I don't have anything against the Calthorpe sisters. They are indisputably gorgeous. But I like to jab those gossip columnists sometimes for so ........ obviously pushing them on us!!!! :cool: It's the "pushing" that is annoying, not the Calthorpe gals themselves.

About the Michael of Kent kids, Freddie and Ella, they are Protestant and never "came out" as Catholics as far as I'm aware. Maybe you are thinking about Edward Downpatrick?? He "came out" as a Catholic, just like his father, and his mother is Catholic. But I don't know anything about Ella and Fred coming out as Catholics.

Thanks for giving us this Casiraghi.... I love the idea of Prince Henry and his Henrietta....... Princess Peaches.........oh dear!

If William marries JEssica Craig and Harry marries Chelsy Davy, there will be two African-born members of the royal family. Although both girls are of British/white descent, Jessica was born in Nairobi, Kenya and Chelsy was born in Zimbabwe. When did members of the family (in the 20th and 21st century) marry foreign-born people before? Besides Peter and Autumn.... Let's see, there was The Queen and Philip (born on Corfu), and Michael of Kent and Marie Christine (Vienna?). The Duchess of Gloucester, born in Odense, Denmark. The Duchess of Windsor, born in Baltimore, Maryland, right?

is kate catholic or not? and is that why they have waited so long to merry? so paralment can vote? sorry cant spell with a damn

I highly doubt it. We would have known long ago if she was.
She also doesn't seem like she would be fussy about converting. It seems as if her life is dedicated to being a Princess-In-Waiting.

I could be wrong but he did but his children didn't until they "came out" publicly as Catholics. I do see you point though. If William marries a Catholic he would lose his place but his children would not. I would think that after SO many years the would make a change to the rules regarding marring a Catholic. I can see loosing your place if you are Catholic but I don't think that if you marry one you should lose your place in the order of succession.

As Lord Frederick and Lady Gabriella Windsor (Prince and Princess Michael's children) are still both in the line of succession (in the low 30s actually) they have never come out as Roman Catholics. Their cousins, some of the children of the Duke of Kent have done so but not them.

I'm pretty sure that Kate is Anglican. Besides, if she were Catholic, the tabs would have latched on to that factoid long ago.

I believe that Kate is Anglican, which is all very well, but it is never mentioned that both Camilla´s children were raised as Roman Catholics. In fact I think it is a fact that is usually ignored.

I believe that Kate is Anglican, which is all very well, but it is never mentioned that both Camilla´s children were raised as Roman Catholics. In fact I think it is a fact that is usually ignored.

..... though they both had Anglican wedding services!

As Camilla is Church of England what religion her children were raised in is of no relevance as it can't impact the succession to the British throne.

They were raised Roman Catholic because their father was (and I assume still is) Roman Catholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom