Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what if william was destined to marry a foreign girl from a different socio background and who was of a different race? xould the BRF handle it?

what if william was destined to marry a foreign girl from a different socio background and who was of a different race? xould the BRF handle it?

No. haha. That would never happen. Unless the foreign girl had a great reputation or a title. Royalty isn't above snobbery yet ;)

I don't think they'd like it, but I don't think they'd totally fear it.

Well look at that lovely Princess of Luxemberg? Is it? I think she fits in quite well. So IMO, I don't think there would be any issue about it.

^ Isn't Alexandra 10 years younger than William? Age isn't a major issue but she comes from a Catholic family and would just have to convert.

It would be like his father and mother, more or less. I don't know if Alexandra would convert, but they would look lovely together. Plus, he wouldn't break the "tradition" of the men of the family marrying to a royal or noble woman.

I think that Harry needs to find a new, serious girlfriend. Chelsy Davy and PH obviously have trouble making their relationship work. You can't just keep breaking up and getting back together without it taking a toll on your relationship. I really don't think the royal family takes Chelsy seriously enough for Harry to marry her either.

Also, Camilla Romstrand is such a joke! She supposedly hooked up with Harry and then, right away, blabbed to the press. The royals value discretion. Harry needs to meet a sweet, fun, grounded girl. I don't think he should date another royal or a celebrity/socialite.

As for Wills, I'm pretty sure he's going to marry Kate. After making her wait this long, it would be cruel of him to not put a ring on it.

It does amaze me how people think that because they've been together so long, that William would be "cruel" not to marry her.

They have been in such a committed relationship for so long, why WOULD he choose not to marry her at this point? I think any woman would feel wronged if a man did that to her, regardless if he's a prince or not.

Why?
1, Because he no longer loves her anymore.
2, Because she no longer loves him.
3, She realises she doesn't want to be a future Queen (improbable but not impossible)
4, He falls in love with some else.

But what if it isn't William who says No to a marriage, what if it's Kate? Everyone assumes that she will accept the marriage as who would turn down the chance to be Queen. We don't know what she's like, her life will completely change when she marries William and she might not want it to change.

:) I agree, Kate could be the one to say no to the marriage. I don't know what goes on between them on a day to day basis, and it's true that people fall out of love. If that were the case, then obviously they should not get married. The only thing the public sees is what the press is able to get their hands on. Based on that, the two of them are very committed to one another, and have built a foundation for marriage. If William backs out because he's too afraid to commit and for no other reason, it's unfair to Kate. Just my opinion.

IMO getting married because you have been together for so long is not a good idea. Sometimes you are just delaying the inevitable or you hate the dating game and you are with someone for convience sake and habit.

If Kate and William are comfortable with their time table and they want to both get married they will. If the break up they break up it happens. No one needs to be considered cruel....they are both adults and they can both walk away at any time.

eh, to be honest, I'm more interested in hearing the opinions on who Harry should marry. I know he's still way too young, but it's still fun to speculate.

;)

Well this thread is about both of them. ;)
Also he's not too young to get married. He's 26 only 2 years younger than his brother. IMO it's more likely Harry and Beatrice will marry before William.

I wonder why William and Harry are always deemed way too young to marry?

Possible because they are compared to the present heirs in Europe and they married in their late 30's.

Felipe was 36
Frederik was 36
Haakon was 28
Philippe was 39
Willem Alexander was 35
Victoria is 33 :)

I know, I've repeated those same figures so many times.
But because Kate and William have been together for so long, and Harry and Chelsy were on-off for a long time. They expect them to get married now.

I think they will announce it on an ordinary week day where the date has no significance to the BRF :) Same as the other Royal Families :) And hopefully in their own timeplan :D

Do you think William is expected to marry first because he is the older of the two, or wait longer since, in effect, he is selecting the future queen?

Do you think William is expected to marry first because he is the older of the two, or wait longer since, in effect, he is selecting the future queen?

No, I don't think so. Of course, people would expect William to marry first because he has been in a longer relationship than Harry but I don't believe the brothers feel that.

I don't think so in either direction :) In Belgium, Spain and Denmark the CP married last. In Norway and Sweden the Heir married first. And in the Netherlands Willem Alexander was the second to marry :)

I don't think so in either direction :) In Belgium, Spain and Denmark the CP married last. In Norway and Sweden the Heir married first. And in the Netherlands Willem Alexander was the second to marry :)

And the Princess Royal also got married before her brother the Prince of Wales, in 1973. :flowers:

So I suppose all speculation can end at this point regarding whether William will marry Kate! :queen:

Now we can speculate on who Prince Harry might marry. My guess is that's a long way off.

Well, William will marry Kate, but we can still speculate about who would have been a good wife to him too.
Of course, now this thread will be more about Harry.

Well, William will marry Kate, but we can still speculate about who would have been a good wife to him too.
Of course, now this thread will be more about Harry.

This is ironic, since just recently I mentioned that I was more interested in hearing about potential wives for Harry, and now I've (sort of) got my wish! :flowers:

I think Harry will wait a while to get married though, seeing as he and C Davy are still broken up. And now William will have the royal wedding sometime in 2011 which postpones any PH engagement, wouldn't you think?

In Belgium, Spain and Denmark the CP married last. In Norway and Sweden the Heir married first. :)
In Belgium, the Heir was second to marry (in 1999, the last was the youngest of siblings, Prince Laurent, who wedded Claire in 2002, and the first was Princess Astrid)
The same situation was in Japan & Brunei.

As for Harry, preferred wife for him would be the woman he would love (and she him, of course)

Last edited:
i don't think harry even has a steady girlfriend, does he? i sure hope he marries around 30-33!

He doesn't have a girlfriend that we know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom