Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow full name, she's dating Sam Branson at the moment.
I think Madeleine would be okay for Harry but not William, Maddie IMO wouldn't like the responsible with being a Queen, she would just like being Queen.

Hello! created an article in 2007 I think which gave us a list of "Ladies In Waiting For Wills" the list includess

Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe = They apparently met 2002ish thanks to her brother Jacobi who plays Polo with William, she's been out of the seen since she was dating Sam Branson.

Emma Tomlinson = Her parents are next door neighbours to Prince Charles at Highgrove, never really serious but she's someone who knows where she would belong.

The Honourable Alexandra Knatchbull = One of Diana's goddaughters, known William all her life, her father is one of Williams godparents. Apparently Charles has a soft spot for her. (Also says that Charles proposed to her Aunt, Amanda in 1979)

Arabella Musgrave = Apparently William's first serious girlfriend in 2001, from the "country set".

Holly Branson = Known the prince since childhood, was crowned the winner of A Wife For William in 2004.

Jecca Craig = Always a close friend, apparently there was a pretend engagement in 2003, recently broke off her engagement.

Lady Rosanagh Innes-Ker = I don't think she has ever met the Prince, but she was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Sarah and Andrew I think.

Natalie Hicks-Lobbecke = Pictures were taken of the pair in 2000, she was the first girl "on the scene" and the remained friends when at uni, Natalie worked for the Countess of Wessex at one point.

We can add Princess Madeleine and Princess Theodora to the mix.

How many cousins removed is Theodora from William????

Let's see:

Victoria > Edward > George > George > Elizabeth > Charles > William

Victoria > Victoria > Sophie > Fredericka > Constantine > Theodora

Is that right? Did I miss anyone?

Just looking but shouldn't it be

Victoria > Victoria > William > Fredericka > Constantine > Theodora?

No. Victoria, the Princess Royal was the mother of Sophie and William. William was the Kaiser and Sophie married the King of the Hellenes.

I was just looking at Frederika's ancestry and her grandfather was William so I wondered which way it worked.

Let's see:

Victoria > Edward > George > George > Elizabeth > Charles > William

Victoria > Victoria > Sophie > Fredericka > Constantine > Theodora

Is that right? Did I miss anyone?

Yes you missed the Greek connection (Prince Philip)

King George of Greece - Andrea - Prince Philip - Charles - William
King George of Greece - Kostantin I - Pavlos - Kostantin II - Theodora

Yes...I was doing it strictly from the Victoria side.

I knew that they were also related on the Greek side but I wasn't too familiar with that side. Thank you!

Lumutuqueen....Sophie's great grandfather was William I, the Kaiser is the 2nd. Fredericka's maternal grandparents were Victoria and the late Emperor Frederick.

Last edited:
Ans we also have the "danish connection"

Christian IX - Alexandra - George V - George VI - Elisabeth -Charles - William
Christian IX - King George of Greece - Kostantin I - Pavlos - Kostantin II - Theodora
Christian IX - Frederik VII - Christian X - Frederik IX - Anna Maria - Theodora

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the Danish connection! Goodness they are related many times over. Is that it? There might be one more.

Wow full name, she's dating Sam Branson at the moment.
I think Madeleine would be okay for Harry but not William, Maddie IMO wouldn't like the responsible with being a Queen, she would just like being Queen.

Hmm the Swedish and British Monacrhies are very different; I don't know if she would like to be a member of TBRF. But it would be interesting to see.

Yes, the Danish connection! Goodness they are related many times over. Is that it? There might be one more.

Of course!!! All RF are Sooooo connected, that it is useless to try to avoid it

Hmm the Swedish and British Monacrhies are very different; I don't know if she would like to be a member of TBRF. But it would be interesting to see.

I still like her for William she is stylish, beatiful, and gracefull which is half of what she would need ... I don't know how hard working she is with duties but she diffently looks the part to me... :eek: William might be a bit stuffy for her.

Although Prince William and Princess Madeline would make a good looking couple, I can't really see them together. She's used to more freedom to come and go than he is.

Hello! created an article in 2007 I think which gave us a list of "Ladies In Waiting For Wills"
That's a great list, but we can remove Lady Rosanagh Innes-Ker (now Viscountess Grimston) as she just delivered a son.
Prince William is shown the way it's done by Viscountess Grimston - Telegraph

(I hope William doesn't see some of these articles! :whistling:)

What about Lady Edwina Grosvenor? I don't know much about her except that she's the daughter of the Duke of Westminster and she is about William's age. Diana was her godmother and I believe her mother is one of William's godparents.

She looks attractive enough!

The thing that gets me about the article (though it's a bit tongue in cheek) is that it's true. People fall in love, get married, go on to have children without dithering around for years on end.

The excuse that people seem to use for William is that "his parents marriage failed" etc, but like i've said if William was really really in love with someone, he wouldn't wait for 8 years and use the excuse of his parents marriage to stop him marrying the girl/woman he loves.

The excuse that people seem to use for William is that "his parents marriage failed" etc, but like i've said if William was really really in love with someone, he wouldn't wait for 8 years and use the excuse of his parents marriage to stop him marrying the girl/woman he loves.

Well your first statement is right OTHER PEOPLE say that it is his parents failed marriage that stops him. We have never actually heard William say it .. most of us ASS -U- ME that it is the reason but it we can see what that spells out.:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO: sorry!!!!

Although Prince William and Princess Madeline would make a good looking couple, I can't really see them together. She's used to more freedom to come and go than he is.
However, Madeline was raised a Princess and would know her duty if it were to come to that.

how about Anna Wintour's daughter- Bee Schaffer (her real name is Katherine)

William should be considering as wives Princess Augusta von Preussen. Beatrice of Preussen, Madeleine of Sweden, Xenia of Saxony or ladies from houses of Lippe, Hesse, Mecklenburg.

Is this Xenia?
She doesn't look like the Queen type to me.

Madeleine of Sweden and Charlotte Casiraghi have always been the people's favourite choices. And i would looove to see him with Char, but i know that there 99,9% of probabilities that is not going to happen.
With Maddeleine, as many have pointed, they would look fantastic and she already know how is to be a princess. But i don't think that she would be attracted to him.
Has she ever met him?

I'd like to see William marry a British woman. Do British people feel the same way?

If he doesn't end up with Kate I hope he goes for Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs, Jessica Craig or AK.

I think William has made his choice. Kate is a lovely young lady who is making every effort to avoid trouble. She is able to help in her parents' business when needed and to pursue her interests (photography). The only thing she lacks is a title and most of the young women who have those are little better than tarts anyway and do no more to earn a living than Kate does but that is OK because they have a title which makes them special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom