Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia said:
I don't think William will marry a "royal" I actually think he and Kate are quite serious and she could be a future bride! I hope so as she seems really nice and more importantly discreet. On top of that it wouldn't do any harm for the inbreeding that exists within the royal families of Europe to miss out a couple of generations!!
Just a note, it is in fact illegal to marry your first cousin in England but not in Scotland!

i would agree with you!

Prince William chose Kate because she really cute both been together for years im not sure how long is! but both been good friend they later become girlfriend of Prince William

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
i would agree with you!

Prince William chose Kate because she really cute both been together for years im not sure how long is! but both been good friend they later become girlfriend of Prince William

Sara Boyce

I agree! I think Kate and Will make a cute couple. They probably won't get married for a long time (if they do), but I think they're cute together.

If William were to marry a royal I don't think it would be Charlotte. Not only is she Catholic but she is also from a royal family with more scandals then the British one, quite an achievement! Also if he were marrying a royal for prestige reasons then a Monaco royal since the rest of the royal families of Europe seem to look down upon them. I think if there is a royal wedding joining two royal houses it will be to Madeline or Theodora. I think Theodora would be more likely since the two grew up knowing each other. But that's only if he marries a royal, which I doubt will actually happen.

I think Charlotte is the only of the 3 royals (Charlotte, Theodora, Madeline) that has some degree of fame outside royal watchers circle, or their native country, so I guess that's why tabloids like to hook them up.
I know Theodora, and Madeline are both related to William (and to each other), but I don't Charlotte is. Anyone know of any blood connection between William and Charlotte?

EmpressRouge said:
I think Charlotte is the only of the 3 royals (Charlotte, Theodora, Madeline) that has some degree of fame outside royal watchers circle, or their native country, so I guess that's why tabloids like to hook them up.
I know Theodora, and Madeline are both related to William (and to each other), but I don't Charlotte is. Anyone know of any blood connection between William and Charlotte?

I think there isn`t any blood conection between Wills and Char. Only Char`s stepfather, ernest August von hannnover is cousin (or something like that) of the Queen, but i`ve heard that the Queen doesn`t like EA at all!!!

The british royals don`t like the Grimaldi`s, may be couse they have too much scandals (well, really with all Camilla.Charles story,they went down, i know the grimaldi`s -speccially Stephanie, and younger caroline- are worse, but the Windsors can`t talk so much now!!), they aren`t "royal"..., so the Queen perhaps doesn`t want that her grandson meet Char, it would be like down even more:rolleyes:

The british royals don`t like the Grimaldi`s, may be couse they have too much scandals
They saw them as "Too Hollywood". I think Queen Elizabeth's words were "Too many movie stars".

I would just like to remind ya'll that actually all royals are actually kinda like commoners. Think about way back in the days, royals became royal usually becuase they fought their way there. They were commoners before they became royal. Also, sometimes, they did something courageous or fantastic and became a Sir or Lady, yet, they were also commoners.

bad luck

I feel kind of bad for the furture wives of Prince Harry and Prince William. The reason being is because there is such a history of the bad treatment of wives in that family.

I.E.:
-extra marrital affairs, secrets
-stressful being in the media (bad criticism in many areas, for example, Princess Diana was well liked but there were some bad tabloid papers-remember the picture of Diana at the workout gym with spread legs, pretty embarrasing and sick on the part of the photographer!)
-courtiers in the royal household are demanding
-the royal wife has to "fit in" - that is, talk, dress, walk, and "act royal"
-it is also hard for a girl who is considered "middle class" to fit in with the upper British classes even if she is a social outgoing person

In other words, IT'S TOUGH BEING A WIFE IN THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY!

hopefuly can William and Harry themselves their woman chooses so that they can be certainly happy and not like at prince Charles because then is that no happy marriage! I think, however, that prince William malignant enough themselves is its choose bride and listen to other!

Just a quick question. If Prince William was to marry a non-British, do you think that the royal family wouldn't approve of an Asian girl or an African girl? Just becasue of their race/color? Sorry, if this is a stupid question.

I don't think it matters if they approve or not. The Queen just has to give her consent, which I assume she'd do unless there were major problems with the proposed marriage. I have no idea how the various members of the royal family would react (I presume Prince Philip would manage to keep his "slitty-eyed" comments to himself if Prince William did take up with an east Asian girlfried), but it wouldn't make any difference in practical terms.

I want to go back to an earlier post that refers to the meaning of the words "holy catholic (witha a lower case c) church". My understanding is that small "c" catholic means the "whole" or "universal" church before the Orthodox/Roman split. So for someone to say (s)he believes in the "holy catholic church" affirms his/her belief in ancient Christian traditions before the split. Does anyone else know about this?

Emily said:
I want to go back to an earlier post that refers to the meaning of the words "holy catholic (witha a lower case c) church". My understanding is that small "c" catholic means the "whole" or "universal" church before the Orthodox/Roman split. So for someone to say (s)he believes in the "holy catholic church" affirms his/her belief in ancient Christian traditions before the split. Does anyone else know about this?

That is correct.

blondebeauty123 said:
I worry for Harry and Wills becuase when the time comes to pick a future princess for England the boys will want to marry a girl some what like their mother. That will create problems with the entire Royal Family .)

I agree with you, that a girl like Diana would have some HUGE PROBS with the royals, but I don't think that Harry goes after this image ( look Chelsy D.)
I'm not sure about Kate Middleton. She looks a bit more modest then Chelsy

well I don't mean exactly like theri mothe rjust sort of a resembelance toward what she was like whether it be her smile or her personality. But like you segolen I am not sure about that b/c of kate middleton and chelsy D.

I am glad that harry is in love. He needed to be, he seemed to be miserable for a while. I don't know much about her, but Chelsey must be a special girl to have gotten him to fall so deaply. I do think will try to replace his mom. As for Will he will marry for love, because he has to much of his mother in him to marry for the monarcy.

Harry's polo shirt said:
I am glad that harry is in love. He needed to be, he seemed to be miserable for a while. I don't know much about her, but Chelsey must be a special girl to have gotten him to fall so deaply. I do think will try to replace his mom. As for Will he will marry for love, because he has to much of his mother in him to marry for the monarcy.

I agree with most of it. I also believe that Wills will mary for love if he could LOL, but unfortunately,a normal middle class girl will not be able to share his interests. Therefore, a normal middle class girl won't be in his surroundings.

sara1981 said:
NO!

Prince William will chose perfect for future Queen of England and Crown Princess of Wales when he will chose girls in American or England! but i dont think so about he would getting married to cousin!

Sara Boyce
Why can his bride only be from America or England? Cant she come from Sweden Irland, Belgium, Spain or other countries??

There's no appreciable risk in marrying your first cousin scientists have determined; although I think William would be ridiculed if he did.

I think the British monarchs had a 'superior' attitude towards other monarchies in the past. They referred to them as bicycle monarchs and looked down on their informal lifestyles. But now that Tony Blair and Prince Philip are on a crusade to downsize the British monarchy, it looks like the British are copying the continent.

Its an odd situation when the down-to-earth approachable Margrethe of Denmark still has her yacht the Dannebrog whereas the Queen of all Queens, Elizabeth of England had to retire hers.

Well, as a rule there isn't a great risk in marrying a first cousin, but the royal family tends to be rather inbred so first cousins are closer genetically than in a lot of other families. These days it's less of an issue since the previous generation married outsiders, but in the past it's no wonder they all looked alike. The European royal families must be a great resource for people who want to study the effects of recessive genes, although I suppose you can't just march up to Princess This and the Duke of That and demand blood samples.

Piewi said:
I think there isn`t any blood conection between Wills and Char. Only Char`s stepfather, ernest August von hannnover is cousin (or something like that) of the Queen, but i`ve heard that the Queen doesn`t like EA at all!!!

Prince Rainier and QEII were distant relatives, so William and Charlotte are related, just even more distantly. (And if this match were to happen, most importantly each of them has a parent who wasn't "royal".)

Georgia said:
I don't think William will marry a "royal" I actually think he and Kate are quite serious and she could be a future bride! I hope so as she seems really nice and more importantly discreet. On top of that it wouldn't do any harm for the inbreeding that exists within the royal families of Europe to miss out a couple of generations!!
Just a note, it is in fact illegal to marry your first cousin in England but not in Scotland!

Well, in reality, there are very few royals William could choose to marry since most of the reigning houses are Catholic. I would think he would choose a member of the aristocracy or peerage, like his father did.

As the future heir to the throne, William has a duty to marry appropriately and he will not be allowed by the Establishment to do otherwise. While Kate seems very good for him, I think they have a long way to go before marriage, which would require the consent of the Queen, as advised by the Prime Minister. She is most certainly not of sufficient standing to marry a future king and bear royal heirs.

most of the royal women are his relatives anyway.

William is not going to marry a Royal. I think he wants a down to earth type of girl. Being Royal makes it very hard to be down to earth!

tiaraprin said:
William is not going to marry a Royal. I think he wants a down to earth type of girl. Being Royal makes it very hard to be down to earth!

That seems to be a strange contradiction of terms, isn't it? William is royal, so I don't understand what you mean. No matter how "down-to-earth" he may be, it doesn't change the fact he is a future Sovereign whose entire life will be dictated by the burden of duty.

Doesn't that require an appropriate marriage to someone who understands the incredible pressure and duty that will come with being his wife? I think so.

I'm not sure he uneven knows what "down-to-earth" means. Come on, the man will never, ever, understand how a homeless person struggles day to day to survive. He may read about surveys and go to shelters and talk to the poor, but if he has ever gone hungry in his life, most likely is by choice or omission, not because he didn't have the money to pay for food. He'll probably complain, like his parents, the burden of going to another movie premiere or opening another hospice. But he will never experience in life of taking on a low paying job, with awful working condition, in order to take care of his family.

Incas said:
I'm not sure he uneven knows what "down-to-earth" means. Come on, the man will never, ever, understand how a homeless person struggles day to day to survive. He may read about surveys and go to shelters and talk to the poor, but if he has ever gone hungry in his life, most likely is by choice or omission, not because he didn't have the money to pay for food. He'll probably complain, like his parents, the burden of going to another movie premiere or opening another hospice. But he will never experience in life of taking on a low paying job, with awful working condition, in order to take care of his family.

That is all well and true Incas and that may be why William wants a wife who does not come from Royal Stock. Most men want to marry someone from the same type of stock their Mum came from. Diana, while aristocratic and rich, did have everyday life experiences such as holding a job, having her own flat with roommates, scrubbing toilets (albeit William did scrub toilets in Chile). William may want a wife who will keep him more in touch with everyday people as his mother tried to do to the best of her ability. It was Diana who told William that "not everyone has a country home and a Range Rover"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom