Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chrissy57 said:
Some people claim that due to various clauses in the Marriage Acts of 1949 and 1953 that members of the British Royal Family can't contract a legal marriage in a civil ceremony, in England, but the highest legal official of the government, the Lord Chancellor, has advised otherwise. Unless a court rules differently, which personally I doubt that they will now but who knows with courts, then the marriage is legal and Charles remains the heir to the throne with Camilla to be his official consort. There is a minister of the Church of England who has put in a number of protests about the marriage and he may take the matter to court but unless the court rules the marriage illegal it is legal.
does that mean that marriage without the religous ceremony is legal in UK?the children from such a marriage wont be considered as illegimiate

cute_girl said:
does that mean that marriage without the religous ceremony is legal in UK?the children from such a marriage wont be considered as illegimiate

I'm afraid in this case no more children:)

so if this marriage will be confirmed legal the origin of the future Queen ( I mean William's future wife) will be not such important and burning.

cute_girl said:

With the exception of the Royal Family there is no question that a civil ceremony is a legal marriage and all children from that marriage are legitimate.

The question that some people are raising is whether or not it is legal for a member of the Royal Family to marry anywhere but in a Church ceremony in England. At the moment the legal advice the government and Royal Family has it that it is legal and therefore Charles and Camilla are legally man and wife but if a court ruled otherwise then their marriage would not be legal and would therefore be a non-marriage. It would not affect Charles' succession rights as he had the consent of the Queen in Privy Council based on legal advice but it would affect Camilla's position. That is why I don't think a court would rule that it wasn't legal now.

You and I can certainly marry in a civil ceremony in England and not have a religious ceremony if we want to do so or we could have a religious ceremony only, so long as the minister was registered to perform weddings.

In the extrememly unlikely circumstance that Charles and Camilla have a child now (I know that the chances of that happening are very minute but....) that child would follow Harry in the order of succession and be ahead of Andrew as it would be the legitimate issue of a legal marriage recognised as such by the government of the day.

Tom and Laura have no place in the order of succession or other role in the Royal Family other than that of being the step-children of the heir to the throne.

my post was wallis specific. of course there are more pressing reasons why King Edward abdicated but we were talking about Wallis SImpson specifically. That was a different time and the way society was governed was sticter than today IMO.

The Rf expectations...

I have wondered this... When William and Harry bring a girl to meet their grandmother what does she look for and the whole rf look for in a girl. Do they give William or Harry permission to date the girl or to they let them judge for their own sake. The appearance of the entire RF would go down if a girl were to embarrass them with her background. I have also wonderedn this as well dod you think that William has ever been attracted to a poor commoner before? Or harry.

What stand for Rf???? Thank you karla64

Well, they have to be "princess material"- kind, supportive, and willing to give their social life to the royal family. With the circles that William and Harry are in, it is very unlikely that they would marry anyone who was from a very poor family. But the average commoner would be approved if they had what it takes to be princess.
With both, there is also the all the emotional baggage that came with their parent's marrige and divorce. William kept it inside, so if he doesn't have anyone to vent toand to lean on at times, it is likely that is will have a breakdown later in life. Harry, on the other hand is so in love with the memory of his mother that he has basically developed a permanent Oedipial complex. This may create a problem, due to the fact that he will probably want to marry someone very much like his mother, who wasn't the best suited for the job of princess.

My real fear is that one or both of them will marry as a duty to provide an heir and repeat the mistakes of the past.

If not then they may never marry as the woman they marry will always be compared, unfavourably, I suspect to their mother.

Harry and Wills...

I worry for Harry and Wills becuase when the time comes to pick a future princess for England the boys will want to marry a girl some what like their mother. That will create problems with the entire Royal Family because a girl like Diana would mean that she would not be well suited for the job in their eyes. The weren't too fond of Diana in the end and tried to cut her almost completely out of the boy's lives. She was too determined to let that happen. Harry has developed basically a image that can never be erased from his mind about his mother and he wants a girl like that image. So I simply worry for them and the Royal Family that they might end up like their father and marry the first girl who the Royal Family likes.

(I am sorry if I offended anyone in any way I am just stating my opinion.)

Hummmm...blonde, I´m also afraid of that...but, I think that they´ll get married for love and choose right. They´ve seen the problems and mistakes that their parents did...so, I do not belive in such mistakes.....

i think that harry will marry someone like his mother but wills will marry for love whether she looks like diana will probably not matter to him

I would agree with posts

but William would chose Kate but she really beautiful girls and he told her will become Princess and become Queen of England if he will marry her.

Sara Boyce

I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them actually marries.

They are very conscious of the pressure that was put on their mother and they also know that whomever they choose will always be compared to Diana and probably unfavourably.

I hope both of them marry for love but the girl concerned will have to met certain standards as well - which is why I don't think Harry would be allowed to marry Chelse (her family connections are just too unsavoury, unfortunately IF it is true love).

I also wonder if either of the princes really wants to put another lady in the position of their mother with the attendent press intrusion into their lives.

cute_girl said:
how can some1 be divorced but still married?sorry but I couldnt get this

At the time she was involved with Edward VIII, Wallis Simpson was divorced from her first husband, Earl Winfield Spencer, and still married to her second husband, Ernest Simpson. She divorced him during Edward's first year as king, and it was the realisation that she'd be free to remarry before the coronation that sparked the crisis about whether Edward would be permitted to marry her and remain king.

Elspeth said:
At the time she was involved with Edward VIII, Wallis Simpson was divorced from her first husband, Earl Winfield Spencer, and still married to her second husband, Ernest Simpson. She divorced him during Edward's first year as king, and it was the realisation that she'd be free to remarry before the coronation that sparked the crisis about whether Edward would be permitted to marry her and remain king.
thanks for the explanation,I thought the king was her second husband

The royal family would want them to marry a virgin, non-catholic, wealth and well educated girl.

I think they are a little easy on the virgin part. I think there are many suitable ladies that William is surrounded by, which means he will marry for love. Kate is a middle-class girl, but affluent.

Reina said:
I think they are a little easy on the virgin part. I think there are many suitable ladies that William is surrounded by, which means he will marry for love. Kate is a middle-class girl, but affluent.

I remember reading somewhere that they had Princess Diana checked before seh could marry Prince Charles to ensure her viginity. I'm sure Prince Charles would be more flexible but the Queen would probably want a virgin.

Feberin said:
I remember reading somewhere that they had Princess Diana checked before seh could marry Prince Charles to ensure her viginity. I'm sure Prince Charles would be more flexible but the Queen would probably want a virgin.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: doing such an eximanitaion is even not common in uncivilized countries

Feberin said:
The royal family would want them to marry a virgin, non-catholic, wealth and well educated girl.

I think Feberin has said it perfectly.

When you think of those attitudes and now look at Harry knocking about with Chelsey Davey it makes you laugh. Mind you Harry is hardly Mr. Classy himself so I think they suit each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure William will marry eventually due to all the preasure. I don't see anything wrong with them marrying a girl similiar to their mother if they love her and have simliar interests with her (a big problem in their parents' marriage). I may be wrong but I don't think the Royal Family had any problems with Diana until after she started to "act out" against them when the marriage fell apart. I mean there were a number of things the royal family and Diana disagreed with but overall she was a rather ideal Princess, which was why Charles married.

i agree about the oedipus complex.

What do you mean...I don´t see Harry with this complex..maybe you guys are exagerating...

Jumping the gun

You are judging them like a psychiatrist who has them laying on the couch once a week. We don't know anything about them really only what the media wants us to know. Give them some time. They did the same thing to their mother after she passed- analyzing her. We dont know their psych makeup and based on the women we see them with we really dont know that much about them individually and the depth of their relationships. So chill. give it some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom