Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an old fashioned thing to say, this is the 21st Century.
Love should always come first.
William already has an heir if he cannot produce children, his brother.

And Beatrice, Eugenie, James, Louise, Peter, unborn child and Zara just from the Queen before the line moves to Princess Margaret's children.

And Beatrice, Eugenie, James, Louise, Peter, unborn child and Zara just from the Queen before the line moves to Princess Margaret's children.

Not forgetting Andrew, Edward and Anne. If the bourgeois concept of love replaced the imperative for lawful dynastic succession as the motivation for marriage then monarchy would very quickly be at an end.

Not forgetting Andrew, Edward and Anne. If the bourgeois concept of love replaced the imperative for lawful dynastic succession as the motivation for marriage then monarchy would very quickly be at an end.

Love has become the most important reason for marriage for royals rather than dynastic considerations. It is one of the reasons why I no longer see a reason for monarchies to exist.

I think that William could marry someone who is black or Hispanic, the whole thing is that he loves the person who is not out for money or fame so why not what is good for the goose is good for the gander

Warren

It was not and is not my intention to provoke members. I apologise if they feel affronted. Their opinions are as valid as mine. However, I think in any civilized society, or indeed a good friendship there should be considered and honest discussion. Otherwise it smacks or paternalism and - after all if I posted a message inviting discussion on the religion or politics of a future bride for Prince William of Wales I'd be edited, and rightly so.

Love is secondary to producing a legitimate heir for the dynasty. They can marry a princely Baden or Schaumburg Lippe and let love - whatever that means - develop.
You are a rare voice of reason among the "marriage for the love only" hysterics.

Love has become the most important reason for marriage for royals rather than dynastic considerations. It is one of the reasons why I no longer see a reason for monarchies to exist.
Monarchies are doomed no matter who marries whom. Perhaps we should remember that royals were developed over time. No provision for a separate track for royals in either evolution or creation theories.

If the two parties can't stand each other and they are forced to marry, then you're going to have a very serious problem. If they had no interest or attraction to each other, then you still going to have a serious problem. They have to have something in common.

If there is no love or affection towards each other or that never devleops, then it shouldn't be shocking when one of them steps out. When someone steps out of a marriage, it's usually because something in the marriage is lacking emotionally or spiritually. The person they step out with usually fulfills that need that the other party is unable to do so. But I guess if you don't really love someone, then them stepping out really wouldn't bother you that much, would it. It would bother you a lot, if you did love them.

Isn't Alexandra Knatchbull related to William through his Mountbatten grandfather? According to a lot of posts, being related is a no-no. She is a lovely-looking girl though. Anyone know anything about her?

Isn't Alexandra Knatchbull related to William through his Mountbatten grandfather? According to a lot of posts, being related is a no-no. She is a lovely-looking girl though. Anyone know anything about her?

Amanda Knatchbull is 53 this year so I don't think she is on the list - she was Mountbatten's preferred choice for Charles.

If you mean Alexandra Knatchbull (she was born in 1982) then yes they are related having common great-great-grandparents

Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (grand-daughter of Queen Victoria) - Alice - Philip - Charles - William

Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine - Louis - Patricia Mountbatten (currently the Countess Mountbatten or Burma) - Lord Brabourne - Alexandra

They aren't as closely related as the Queen and Philip as they are both great-grand children of Queen Victoria but Philip is one generation less from Christian IX of Denmark compared to Elizabeth.

how about Anna Wintour's daughter- Bee Schaffer (her real name is Katherine)
Bee is a gorgeous girl. And no one could complain where she's from. Anna Wintour is the example of a self-made and hard bussineswoman.

:previous:

Bee is a lovely young woman.

And I am sure people would complain about her and her family's connections. Anna doesn't have a great reputation about her work ---not her job or her ability to her job, she is a fashion powerhouse --- more like her ability to work with people.

I am sure we would hear nasty stories about her family's connections as well as her parent's marital history. All on the front page of the Sun, the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror.

It is impossible to determine whether or not Ms. Schaffer would like to join the royalty. Somehow, I just do not think that she will find this idea exciting.

They would make a lovely couple. But poor Bee, she would probably suffer criticism because of her mother.

It is impossible to determine whether or not Ms. Schaffer would like to join the royalty. Somehow, I just do not think that she will find this idea exciting.

Agreed. Sure, Bee is a gorgeous young woman, but I don't get it why she would be a preferred wife for William. Has she been in contact with him? Has she ever dated royals/nobles respectively moved in this kind of circles? I think the BRF is too conservative for letting William marry a 'celebrity' anyway. At least I can't imagine it, but who knows...

She is not a celeb at all. Not even a socialite. Her mother is a bussines woman who runs a huge fashion magazine, has connections everywhere, is friends with all the it-people and her influence in the fashion industry is without a doubt, the greatest.

The only thing they could critice Ana for, is for her being cold. But apparantely a woman who is a bussineswoman, is instantely cold. Shame, she just knows what she wants.

I watched The September Issue and I think Miss Schaffer is studying to be a lawyer.

Bee Schaffer is beautiful. I think she would be a great choice too. Although, I don't know what her personality is like.

I think she has a more "classic princess" look about her. Bee looks like she could pull off the role better than Kate at any rate.

what would be a good ideal for harry...considering his personality or what we know of his personality

Bee would be wonderful for William, and the fact that we don't know much about her does let us know that she's conservative.

Bee would be wonderful for William, and the fact that we don't know much about her does let us know that she's conservative.

No, it lets us know she's discreet. Which is better for the royal family than whichever side of the political spectrum she may fall upon.

The logic here appears somewhat perverse: "the fact that we don't know much about her does let us know that she's conservative" - actually not really. Also, even if she is conservative (with a small "c"), little is known about her that might make her suitable to be brought into the heart of the BRF, and a future Queen!

I didn't mean "conservative" in the political spectrum, I meant conservative about her life.

And do what do we know about get that makes her possible suitable to be brought into the BRF?

Not sure I really understand what you are trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies, I don't even understand what I wrote.
I believe I was trying to say, that the fact we don't know much about her, makes her suitable for the BRF.

My apologies, I don't even understand what I wrote.
I believe I was trying to say, that the fact we don't know much about her, makes her suitable for the BRF.

By that argument, I suspect my neighbour is even more suitable as we do not even know her name! :flowers:

Yeah that is too bad. And she's The Honourable Mrs Justin Portman.

she is happy with her family and i was thinking the same thing...sometimes she reminds me of charlotte casiraghi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom