Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk said:
I think the only young royal lady they have met unofficially is Theodora of Greece. But anything is possible.
Yes and other royals who live in GB.

Zonk said:
Now that's pretty sad...we "royal expert's" can't even come up with five non Catholic age appropriate princesses! So let's move onto to five to ten years?! Any takers?

Its going to be a "common" girl or someone from the artistocracy.

I'll keep trying. I truly agree with everyone else, it seems, that a royal princess is very unlikely for Prince William or Prince Harry, but it's still fun to think of prospects, even if far-fetched!
Five-ten years age difference allowable, non-Catholic princesses, the only three of course from my last prospects....
1) Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
2) Princess Madeleine of Sweden
3) Theodora of Greece (there is nothing in Act of Settlement forbidding Greek Orthodox marriage, is there?)

With the extended age allowances....:lol:
4) Princess Vanessa of Berleburg, born 1978
5) Tatijana, Duchess of Oldenburg, born 1974 (oo not sure, she might be Catholic)
6) Princess Stephanie of Coburg, born 1972
7) Princess Nathalie of Berleburg born 1975

Zonk said:
I think the only young royal lady they have met unofficially is Theodora of Greece. But anything is possible.
I think Madeleine once admitted she and William had met, but I agree that it's always been an unlikely match. I don't think Madde or either of her siblings wants to marry fellow royals anyhow. The young Bernadottes seem pretty solid in their relationships. But they still count to your proposition, as they meet all the "technical" criteria!:dizzy:

:flowers:
magnik said:
Any possibilities that young British meet their continental cousins unofficial?;) If not that mean that they could married only a British born girls/boys.

The Dutch royals are known for their hospitality and a favoured place of resort for foreign royals. The Japanese Crown Princely couple were guests for two weeks at the Queen's weekend retreat. The Norwegian Crown Princely couple has had a sailing vacation on the Queen's private sailyacht. Princess Haya of Jordan as well as Princess Märtha Louise of Norway have lived in the Netherlands for a while. The Duke and Duchess of Brabant are frequent visitors of the Prince and Princess of Orange.

At public festivities it became clear that the Prince and Princess of Orange are mainly befriended with continental blue blood like, according to the Royal House website,
Lord and Lady Paulo Alting von Geusau née Monika Von Perjés Dömölky,
Count and Countess Franz-Clemens zu Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems née Stéphanie Countess von Blanckenstein,
Prince and Princess Georg zu Sayn-Wittegenstein-Hohenstein née Benedikta Baroness Von Maydell Von Wolfferdorff,
etc. etc.

Before their marriages the three sons of Queen Beatrix used to attend many blue-blood events but in the end none of them did acquire a relationship with a noble lady. So on itself Prince William walking around in such circles does not automatically mean he will catch a blueblooded bride.

But I do wonder why the Waleses and the Yorks never have spend a nice weekend out in the Netherlands or Norway or Denmark to meet the royals and the aristocracy out there.

Princesses/Ladies born on 80's:
1. Alice Princess of Bavaria b. 1981
2. Alix Pss de Ligne b. 1984
3. Augusta Pss von Preussesn b. 1986
4. Beatrice Pss von Preussen b. 1981
5. Caroline Prss Napoleon b. 1980
6. Charlotte Casiraghi b. 1986
7. Julia Eilika Pss von Anhalt b. 1985
8. Eleonora Princess de Orleans e Braganca b. 1984
9. Maria Elisabeth Pss de Orleans e Bragance b. 1982
10. Maria Felipa Pss of Bavaria b. 1981
11. Florence Pss von Preussen b. 1983
12. Julia-Katharina Princess of Anhalt b. 1980
13. Juliana Guillermo b. 1981 daughter of Pss Christina of the Netherlands
14. Madeleine Princess of Sweden b. 1982
15. Maria Anunciata Pss von und zu Liechtenstein b. 1985
16. Maria-Laura Adss of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium b. 1988
17. Maria Theresia Pss von Thurn und Taxis b. 1980
18. Marie Astrid Pss von und zu Liechtenstein b. 1987
19. Marie Christine Adss of Austria b. 1983
20. Sofia Pss zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg b. 1986
21. Tereza Pss de Orleans e Braganca b. 1984
22. Theodora Pss of Greece and Denmark b. 1983
23. Viktoria Luise Pss von Preusses b. 1982
24. Xenia Pss von Sachsen b. 1986

Last edited:
magnik said:
Princesses/Ladies born on 80's:
Alice Princess of Bavaria b. 1981
Alix Pss de Ligne b. 1984
Augusta Pss von Preussesn b. 1986
Beatrice Pss von Preussen b. 1981
Caroline Prss Napoleon b. 1980
Charlotte Casiraghi b. 1986
Julia Eilika Pss von Anhalt b. 1985 sister of Julia-Katarina
Eleonora Princess de Orleans e Braganca b. 1984
Maria Elisabeth Pss de Orleans e Bragance b. 1982
Maria Felipa Pss of Bavaria b. 1981
Florence Pss von Preussen b. 1983
Julia-Katharina Princess of Anhalt b. 1980
Juliana Guillermo b. 1981 daughter of Pss Christina of the Netherlands
Madeleine Princess of Sweden b. 1982
Maria Anunciata Pss von und zu Liechtenstein b. 1985
Maria-Laura Adss of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium b. 1988
Maria Theresia Pss von Thurn und Taxis b. 1980
Marie Astrid Pss von und zu Liechtenstein b. 1987
Marie Christine Adss of Austria b. 1983
Sofia Pss zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg b. 1986
Tereza Pss de Orleans e Braganca b. 1984
Theodora Pss of Greece and Denmark b. 1983
Viktoria Luise Pss von Preusses b. 1982
Xenia Pss von Sachsen b. 1986

Except for some Von Preussens and Von Sachsens a Swedid Princess here and a zu Sayn Wittgenstein there, they are all Roman-Catholic!

Anyway: Prince William and Prince Harry have never ever given the impression they did care about blue blood at all.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Except for the Von Preussens and Von Sachsens they are all Roman-Catholic!
They can always if they would want convert.

Henri M. said:
:flowers:

But I do wonder why the Waleses and the Yorks never have spend a nice weekend out in the Netherlands or Norway or Denmark to meet the royals and the aristocracy out there.
I guess it's because they - without the rosecoloured glasses of Royality watchers- have already realised that the daughters of Royality and noble families grow up in the same world than anyone else. Thus, it has become a question of character and ability to adapt more than a question of ancestry.

I can understand why Royal watchers would prefer a blue-blooded bride, but I can understand as well why Royal woman prefer all kind of other men to somebody like prince William... They are Royal themselves after all....;)

But now that William seems to be a single again, he might well be sent to all the next Royal events in Europe - especially baptisms....Well see...

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Except for some Von Preussens and Von Sachsens an of Sweden here and a zu Sayn Wittgenstein there, they are all Roman-Catholic!

Is changing the faith nowadays for the sake of an advantageous marriage really harder than submitting to beauty surgery? ;)

If not the European or South American psses they can always try to find love on the East.

Princess Aglae of Baden (* 03.02.1981), daughter of Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne, née Princess of Auersperg

Princess Julia-Katharina of Anhalt (* 14.12.1980)

and her sister
Princess Eilika of Anhalt (* 01.06.1985)
both are daughters of Prince Eduard of Anhalt and Princess Corinna, née Krönlein

Princess Sophie of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (* 09.10.1983, daughter of Prince Christoph of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg and Princess Elisabeth, née Princess zur Lippe-Weißenfeld

Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia (* 02.05.1982) daughter of Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia and Princess Ehrengard, née von Reden

Princess Irina of Prussia (* 04.07.1988) daughter of Prince Christian Sigismund of Prussia and Princess Nina, née Countess of Reventlow

Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (* 30.10.1986), daughter of Prince Michael of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach and Princess Dagmar, née Hennings

the all belong to prostestant Families.

magnik said:
If not the European or South American psses they can always try to find love on the East.

Ach ja, none of the core European heirs have married a royal lady so we simply will await the developments in Prince William's later life. Possibly a 35 years old early balding Prince will lead a divorced middle class mom to the aisle in Saint Pauls.

Nothing is impossible. Who could ever imagine what happened in Spain or in Norway? Or in the United Kingdom iteself (Camilla)?

If they would waite some time there will be
Princess Alexandra von Luxembourg b. 1991
Sophie Princess Napoleon b. 1992

or elder Ladies born before 1980.

Last edited:
magnik said:
I do not imagine most of them would convert. Most of the Catholic monarchies in Europe have special ties with Rome. It is the case at least with the Grimaldis. While not altogether the most religious of Catholics, the Grimaldis have to maintain their Catholicism if for nothing else, for the official status (what is it called? the papal order?) they have with the papacy.
They can't just convert.

magnik said:

And lose any chance to the throne. I know this is not the thread...but remember if they were to marry a Catholic princess.....they can't succeed. Not saying its right or wrong...just that its the reality that we live in!

But as Henri pointed out...anything is possible. Letizia of Spain, Mette Marit of Norway, Maxima of the Netherlands (father) and Camilla.

As long as they find partners that love them and support them in their endeavors..>I am okay with it.

Atene said:
Prince William and Charlotte Casiraghi would be a really pretty couple ;)

THE BEST COUPLE :wub:

It is strange but Charlotte is also now single.

But I think that they have never met.

And where is the problem with Charlotte's religion??? Always bride's marrying a future King, have changed dogme.
Queen Sofia, born orthodox is catholic now, and many many others. It is not at all a problem.

Yes, who know what would happen?

But on threds like this we can write our opininos and imagine any possibilities...

Btw. if they would really in love than religion and convert wouldn't be a problem.

No!! Charlotte Casiraghi and Prince Harry is better! :punk:

CasiraghiTrio said:
No!! Charlotte Casiraghi and Prince Harry is better! :punk:

AGREE .... A dream couple.

When Caroline was young, before Junot, it was the same dream story for her and Prince Charles, ....
Now is better, william is ALSO very hadsome, (his father, .....)

magnik said:
What about one of Liechtenstein's sisters?
:clap:
Well, since the Catholic-potential-convert princesses are fair game, I would wish that Prince William and Princess Maria Annunciata (sp?) might hook up.... She's really pretty, imo. She is a Liechtenstein, isn't she? Yes, speaking in terms of dreams and far-fetched ideas, I would say Maria Annunciata for Prince William, and Charlotte Casiraghi for Prince Harry.
Sorry for Chelsy Davy, I like her, but for now I guess we are dreaming of royal-royal matches! :rolleyes:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, since the Catholic-potential-convert princesses are fair game, I would wish that Prince William and Princess Maria Annunciata (sp?) might hook up.... She's really pretty, imo. She is a Liechtenstein, isn't she? Yes, speaking in terms of dreams and far-fetched ideas, I would say Maria Annunciata for Prince William, and Charlotte Casiraghi for Prince Harry.
Sorry for Chelsy Davy, I like her, but for now I guess we are dreaming of royal-royal matches! :rolleyes:
Yes. I think that we should take into consideration all possible candidates.

Believe me: William won´t ever marry a royal Lady. He will end up like his father, aunt and uncles and marry just a "normal" common British girl and that´s it!

Yes, conversions have always taken place when it was considered necessary - Sophia of Greece has been mentioned, and there is also Count Henri de Monpezat (Henrik of Denmark) and Irene of the Netherlands. Sometimes, when it is not crucial (as it is with the thrones of Britain and Spain), the spouse of the 'wrong' religion maintains that for themselves, but the children are brought up in the 'right' religion. This is the case with Maxima of the Netherlands, Princess Caroline of Hannover, Princess Eilika of Austria-Hungary, Princess Michael of Kent, and probably others. As Princess Michael of Kent said, when she was being criticized by the Church, we are all Christian so it doesn't matter too much.

For the non-royal candidates, I will always hold out hope for Jecca, although I think she doesn't seem to want to be a princess.... But as far as dream matches go, this one seems very down-to-earth, very cool, breezy and fun, yet on some level, she seems both uncomplicated and exotic, both metro and country. She has the Kenyan bush background, but seems very comfortable in the London society among the van Cutsems et al.
JESSICA CRAIG
Picture sources: Hola.com, Team Highgrove WHU, 20Minutos.es

I'm wondering who William is most likely to meet on a tour of Iraq.

Somehow I don't think aristocrat or princess.

Last edited:
ysbel said:

Somehow I don't think aristocrat or princess.

Do you, too, think of Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony?

ysbel said:
William won't be doing a tour of Iraq.

Jo of Palatine said:
She was the daughter of a morganatic cousin of the king of Wuerttemberg with only the title of "Count" to his name. When it turned out that due to her being fat (or simple or both) nobody was going to marry princess Adelaide of Cambridge but this Count, his Royal cousin created him Duke of Teck. So not really German Royality, no.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Certainly, HSH Princess May of Teck was considered sufficiently royal by Queen Victoria to marry The Duke of York, and after all, her mother was most certainly royal and a cousin of The Queen.

The Duke was considered to be morganatic, but Victoria maintained the German standard of royalty was obssessive and ridiculous. His mother was descended from one of Hungary's most ancient noble families and was certainly an aristocrat of the highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom