Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kimebear said:
Charlotte is Catholic remember. It's a non-starter.:sad:
Charlotte should definately marry one of the Luxembourg princes, preferably Guillaume or his younger brother Felix.

Laviollette said:
Charlotte should definately marry one of the Luxembourg princes, preferably Guillaume or his younger brother Felix.

Sigh... that slipped my mind:bang: ! Darn it! Hmm, are there any other princesses or higher ranking nobility that are brunette, and not catholic. What about one of the German princesses/duchesses/etc? I know that technically their countries do not recognize them, but hey, they still have noble blood...

Just a question before I go digging into all of this... I should know this, but. Are all of the Habsburgs catholic?

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
It's Brenda's interests I have at heart. It's rather like replacing champagne with domestos.
There were complaints that Princess Diana was too popular for Prince Charles and now in this thread people are accusing Kate of being 'bland', 'quiet', 'boring' etc.
I think we cannot have it both ways. Whilst some of us would be beside ourselves with delight at a William, Madelaine alliance.... the reality is, Prince William is very much attached to Kate.

LOSSEAN said:
Whilst some of us would be beside ourselves with delight at a William, Madelaine alliance.

And from what I know (I'm not really knowledgeable on the subject so could be mistaken), William has not had much to do, if anything at all, with Princess Madeleine so any marriage would seem orchestrated and all-round weird :wacko:

I hope Kate is the one for William :flowers:

Last edited:
Brenda ; In "The World of Stanley Baxter", a female impersonator, he did a brilliant impression of the Queen but couldn't say who it was. He found out that at the Palace, the staff all refer to the Queen as Brenda, so S.B's character became, "The Duchess of Brenda". I've called her Brenda ever since and it makes me chuckle every time.

Empress said:
Sigh... that slipped my mind:bang: ! Darn it! Hmm, are there any other princesses or higher ranking nobility that are brunette, and not catholic. What about one of the German princesses/duchesses/etc? I know that technically their countries do not recognize them, but hey, they still have noble blood...

You need not fear - the German aristocrazy probably parades their daughters around the princes whenever possible. I live in a small German village called Oettingen (www.oettingen.de) - we still have the princely family in residence here. I recall that two years ago prince Harry was invited for the hunt by the prince. As the hereditary prince had been a fellow Etonian of prince Harry, Harry came. One evening the prince hosted a party which of course his two elder daughters attended. Only princess Nora (she was only 14 then) did not attend, but she later told friends that her sisters and she had had a good laugh about the fact that their parents really hoped one of the older two would find favour with prince Harry!

I guess that's the way it works - it's not that the princes don't meet the German princesses, it's that they don't want them or that the princesses are not as interested as their parents and relatives.

I don't think a German marriage would go down well sadly.

LOSSEAN said:
the reality is, Prince William is very much attached to Kate.
The truth hurts!! But the truth is the light!!;)

The short answer is he's already found the person he wants to be with. And I'd pretty much bet the ranch they'll end up husband and wife WITHIN 5 years.

Nay, it doesn't hurt. It's called acceptance. But allow me to say, "Anything can happen....(in five years)"

Last edited:
William is not going to marry Princess Madeleine or some other foreign noble. He will marry an English girl.

We don't know that yet. We'll only know when the rings are on the fingers. It's interesting that people seem to be saying, "He'll marry Kate, get used to it" - if we don't like her, that's a problem. If the British people say, "No, this girl doesn't push the buttons", then it won't be a successful marriage. We're stuck with William but Kate is optional. She's an accessory. William has to listen to us before he takes those vows.

BeatrixFan said:
We don't know that yet. We'll only know when the rings are on the fingers. It's interesting that people seem to be saying, "He'll marry Kate, get used to it" - if we don't like her, that's a problem. If the British people say, "No, this girl doesn't push the buttons", then it won't be a successful marriage. We're stuck with William but Kate is optional. She's an accessory. William has to listen to us before he takes those vows.

I am just wondering, you obviously see a lot of Kate in the UK? Very little is seen or known of her in Aust (only what we read in the tabloids, say no more) so it is hard to say whether she would be suitable for William or not.:) What is about her that is so unlikeable?

Well, for one, she doesn't seem to smile. From the impression she gives (and she could be totally the opposite) she seems to be a hard-hearted Hannah who sulks and is generally a bit of a prima donna, flicking her hair and flashing her assets. Now I couldn't grow to like that - I once waited 3 weeks for a sty to go away, but it's the effect she has on William, making him look a simpering wally that bugs me. I mean, Chelsy Davy isn't exactly good either but she's got spark and paired with Harry, they're quite racy. But Kate and William - two statues. They can stand and look fairly pretty but faced with Kate and William or the corpses of Fred and Ginger as dinner guests, I'd go with the departed dancers any day.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Well, for one, she doesn't seem to smile. For the impression she gives (and she could be totally the opposite) she seems to be a hard-hearted Hannah who sulks and is generally a bit of a prima donna, flicking her hair and flashing her assets. Now I couldn't grow to like that - I once waited 3 weeks for a sty to go away. But it's the effect she has on William, making him look a simpering wally that bugs me. I mean, Chelsy Davy isn't exactly good either but she's got spark and paired with Harry, they're quite racy. But Kate and William - two statues. They can stand and look fairly pretty but faced with Kate and William or the corpses of Fred and Ginger as dinner guests, I'd go with the departed dancers any day.

:ROFLMAO: That's just how I feel about Camilla, (no disrespect to Camilla fans) so I understand your opinion. Hopefully, as he is still quite young, things will change.

Well, I like Camilla. She's got style IMO but Kate has no style. She's just beige. There's no colour there. I'm not nitty Nora the aura explorer but I don't get any readings of an interesting story there at all.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, I like Camilla. She's got style IMO but Kate has no style. She's just beige. There's no colour there. I'm not nitty Nora the aura explorer but I don't get any readings of an interesting story there at all.

I want to keep replying just to read some more of your responses:lol: they are funny, but, I my day is just starting and I have to get on. Happy posting.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, for one, she doesn't seem to smile. From the impression she gives (and she could be totally the opposite) she seems to be a hard-hearted Hannah who sulks and is generally a bit of a prima donna, flicking her hair and flashing her assets. Now I couldn't grow to like that - I once waited 3 weeks for a sty to go away, but it's the effect she has on William, making him look a simpering wally that bugs me. I mean, Chelsy Davy isn't exactly good either but she's got spark and paired with Harry, they're quite racy. But Kate and William - two statues. They can stand and look fairly pretty but faced with Kate and William or the corpses of Fred and Ginger as dinner guests, I'd go with the departed dancers any day.

Hi Beatrixfan,

You are one of a few in this forum that I have noticed to write with such humour and really, it does make me giggle. Your sharp and witty (sometimes a little too much info) comments bring a breeze of laughter through the threads. Much like Thomas Parkman, who, if you mention the word sapphire or diamond, is sure to let his witty humour flow.

To echo what crisscross said :flowers: there's not much known about Kate in Australia apart from the women's magazines where they may have half a page on her and William.

From what I have seen (keeping in mind limited exposure) she seems to be a very discreet young woman, very pretty to look at and seems genuinely in love with William and visa versa.

Last edited:
You really are too kind. All this luvvie business is going to make this board camper than it already is. ;) (But thankyou)

I have to agree with BeatrixFan here. Something about Kate Middleton does not sit right with me.

She seems like a very ordinary girl trying much too hard; The stories of her having a stylist, etc reinforce that impression. I had always hoped that William would find an exceptional, charismatic woman. This does not preclude a "commoner" ( as his mother was a technically one as was the Queen Mother), but I feel rather let down. I feel like William must get it right the first time if the Monarchy is going to survive into the 21st century. In my way of thinking: if Kate is so ordinary, then William must be ordinary so why continue a Monarchy that is peopled with folks just like us? True ,they must be relevant but also extraordinary at the same time.

Perhaps Kate Middleton is a work in progress and is a blank canvas just waiting to burst forth; I just wish she would show some of that potential now if she is the "one." For all her education, she still seems like a throwback to earlier generations that produced only debutantes waiting for their main chance in the marriage stakes. Like those debs, we only see her standing around at polo and going to parties, clubs etc. Actually our society and expectations should be way past that now.

I would actually like to see him pursue someone of Masako of Japan's or Letizia of Spain's caliber; someone with a purpose in life which exists whether or not the Royal romance works out.

Caroline Mathilda

caroline mathilda said:
I have to agree with BeatrixFan here. Something about Kate Middleton does not sit right with me.

She seems like a very ordinary girl trying much too hard; The stories of her having a stylist, etc reinforce that impression. I had always hoped that William would find an exceptional, charismatic woman. This does not preclude a "commoner" ( as his mother was a technically one as was the Queen Mother), but I feel rather let down. I feel like William must get it right the first time if the Monarchy is going to survive into the 21st century. In my way of thinking: if Kate is so ordinary, then William must be ordinary so why continue a Monarchy that is peopled with folks just like us? True ,they must be relevant but also extraordinary at the same time.

Perhaps Kate Middleton is a work in progress and is a blank canvas just waiting to burst forth; I just wish she would show some of that potential now if she is the "one." For all her education, she still seems like a throwback to earlier generations that produced only debutantes waiting for their main chance in the marriage stakes. Like those debs, we only see her standing around at polo and going to parties, clubs etc. Actually our society and expectations should be way past that now.

I would actually like to see him pursue someone of Masako of Japan's or Letizia of Spain's caliber; someone with a purpose in life which exists whether or not the Royal romance works out.

Caroline Mathilda

So you feel Kate has no purpose in life short of being William's girlfriend? Poor girl might as well kill herself then, because if they break up....whatever will she do?

All this arm-chair psychiatry is interesting, but it's just that....arm-chair psychiatry. Since when did anyone posting here develop the powers to accurately assess someone's personality from the few short times they see them in pictures or on TV? You all wouldn't know her from a hole in the wall. It's fun to sit and nit-pick everything both her and Chelsy Davy do, but at the end of the day, we're no closer to knowing who they really are. Outward appearances may say one thing, but behind the scenes, she could be a totally different person. William saw his parent's marriage disintegrate before his eyes....he's a smart guy. I think if he thought this girl wasn't all she's cracked up to be, she'd be history.

As for William being "ordinary".....I'm not British but if I was, I think I'd want a future King who was as normal and "ordinary" as I am. The days of Kings and Queens being god-like are over. They are human, just like their subjects. If he wants to find a down to earth woman to marry and be his Consort, he should be applauded for finding someone who isn't hell-bent on making the show all about her. How else can you rule over people if you have no clue who they are how they live?

caroline mathilda said:

Caroline Mathilda

Why would you say such a thing? So absurd.

:bang: :mad: :rolleyes:

caroline mathilda said:

Caroline Mathilda

I certainly enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on such 'issues' as it makes for not only interesting reading, but it brings to light the diverse range of opinions that makes this forum so popular.

Thanks Caroline Mathilda :flowers:

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
As for William being "ordinary".....I'm not British but if I was, I think I'd want a future King who was as normal and "ordinary" as I am. The days of Kings and Queens being god-like are over. They are human, just like their subjects. How else can you rule over people if you have no clue who they are how they live?

There is a difference between understanding how your subjects live and living like them - I expect my royals to do the former, but not the latter. Of course they are human, but they are not ordinary or normal - no one expects them to be god-like, but we do expect them to be royal. And as for Kate, there was talk earlier of boiled broccoli versus cabbage, but I really think cauliflower is more appropriate:) .

Kate is a lovely young woman and if she marries William she will make a fine royal. The fact that people have such strong con opinions toward her based only on pictures, supposition, and vicious internet lies is mind boggling. I guess Posh Spice would be more suitable as William's wife because she's certainly not "broccoli" and has had a job.:rolleyes:

If William becomes normal and ordinary then what's the point of the Monarchy? Let's face it, so far, William hasn't shown sparkling potential. Kate doesn't seem to have a public manner. It's all looking down or through our every so fabulous brown hair. She just seems to sulk and mope around and he follows her like a little boy in a sweet shop. This pair together couldn't lead an egg and spoon race let alone a country.

It's threads like this that cause me to believe it's a good idea for royalty to keep their girlfriends hidden (and unknown) as much as possible. :rolleyes:

BTW, Happy Labor Day to all my fellow Americans out there. I'm enjoying the day off from work. Woohoo! :)

Sooner or later, he's got to make us all accept Kate if she is the one. Better now than never.

rchat said:
It's threads like this that cause me to believe it's a good idea for royalty to keep their girlfriends hidden (and unknown) as much as possible. :rolleyes:

BTW, Happy Labor Day to all my fellow Americans out there. I'm enjoying the day off from work. Woohoo! :)

Happy Labor Day to you as well, rchat. My dad is firing up the grill as we speak. :)

BeatrixFan said:
Sooner or later, he's got to make us all accept Kate if she is the one. Better now than never.

To be fair, the only people that have to "accept" Kate are his family and Parliament, I believe. Doesn't he need their permission to marry, or have I got that wrong?

If he loves her, feels she's the right woman for the life he'll be living and his family loves and accepts her, that's really all that matters. William can't marry someone only after a poll of the country has been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom