Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, the first book about the pair. When will William end this obsession?

It seems the boy won't put her down. She seems to be there every 5 seconds with that miserable look on her face. Honestly, never has repressed lust been so obvious and so nauseating.

So what should he do? Marry her, give her up, or tell her to smile more?

Oh marriage is out IMO. She's perfect mistress material but certainly not wife material. She makes him even more boring than he already is.

BeatrixFan said:
Oh marriage is out IMO. She's perfect mistress material but certainly not wife material. She makes him even more boring than he already is.

I have to agree... boring.

Oh dear, history has taught us nothing it would seem. :ermm:

History isn't there to teach. It's there to amuse.

BeatrixFan said:

Could not agree more!;) :lol:

30 years down the line ...... ? :rolleyes:

Oh she could never do a Camilla and marry him. Camilla was a perfect Royal bride but Kate isn't. He's obviously enamoured with her but it's rather like a nice bottle of champagne. In the bottle it's so endearing but leave the cork out and the fizz is soon gone. Kate has very little fizz now, in 30 years time I doubt there'll be any fizz left at all. As long as she's kept in the back room and the wife he chooses knows the situation and plays the part, there'll be no problem.

BeatrixFan said:
Oh she could never do a Camilla and marry him. Camilla was a perfect Royal bride but Kate isn't. He's obviously enamoured with her but it's rather like a nice bottle of champagne. In the bottle it's so endearing but leave the cork out and the fizz is soon gone. Kate has very little fizz now, in 30 years time I doubt there'll be any fizz left at all. As long as she's kept in the back room and the wife he chooses knows the situation and plays the part, there'll be no problem.

I think that's what he wants...he clearly hates to be in the centre of attention

BeatrixFan said:

So in your opinion it's okay for William to cheat on a wife (supposing he doesn't marry Kate) with Kate, so long as she knows? He's supposed to become the head of the CoE...last time I checked, CoE expected mongamy out of a marriage, especially when the marriage is that of the King/Queen. And is that really fair to anyone?

Give Kate a chance, imo, at this point she's doing a wonderful job. She's his girlfriend...she's not overstepping her position and trying to project herself as anything more. There are no waves and that's good...the last thing the Royal Family needs is another Princess to create more controversy, as many have done in the past.

William has endured more than his fair share of the dramatics, and controversy, maybe he wants to live a boring life.

he clearly hates to be in the centre of attention

Well he's got to be. He's the future King and he's got no choice in that.

So in your opinion it's okay for William to cheat on a wife (supposing he doesn't marry Kate) with Kate, so long as she knows?

Of course it's okay. I don't think he gets it that he isn't the master of his own destiny. It's all pre-set. His whole life will be dictated by other people and the sooner he gets used to it the better. You say Kate is doing a wonderful job - at what? I mean what does she actually do? If I met her at a party, I'd be bored senseless. Her only role in life seems to be as an average looking girl for William to moon over. Kate isn't suitable Queen material. She's sulky, she's bland and she's boring. William is bland and boring. The pair of them together are a dose of Nytol to the establishment. I just wish he'd ditch her and get someone you'd be interested to meet, then maybe he'll lighten up and actually do something rather than just looking pretty and standing like an ironing board at official functions. And the prettiness is wearing off so there's even more of an urgency.

I'm really disturbed by all this cheating/boring talk. The monarchy is not an entertainment troop - they are people. Who are we to judge Kate and say she is boring? Perhaps she is just being proper and doesn't want to be pompous. If she was less "bland" then you would be complaining about how the future King's girlfriend shouldn't be so wild. SO... there really is not happy medium, is there? I'm happy for William. I think she's a great girl... besides, remember how shy and innocent Diana was? Then when she married the scandels started. So if thats what you want... I would sit tight and wait. Bur for now, I'm happy with the two of them being together.

They're not an entertainment troop but if we lose interest, they're sunk. The majority of people now want to see their Royals looking pretty and manicured in the glossies. If we see this sulky young girl with a drippy wide-eyed Prince in tow, practically with his tongue hanging out, it'll just bore people. It's boring me already. IMO, Kate Middleton would be a huge mistake for the monarchy.

BeatrixFan said:
Well he's got to be. He's the future King and he's got no choice in that.

Of course it's okay. I don't think he gets it that he isn't the master of his own destiny. It's all pre-set. His whole life will be dictated by other people and the sooner he gets used to it the better. You say Kate is doing a wonderful job - at what? I mean what does she actually do? If I met her at a party, I'd be bored senseless. Her only role in life seems to be as an average looking girl for William to moon over. Kate isn't suitable Queen material. She's sulky, she's bland and she's boring. William is bland and boring. The pair of them together are a dose of Nytol to the establishment. I just wish he'd ditch her and get someone you'd be interested to meet, then maybe he'll lighten up and actually do something rather than just looking pretty and standing like an ironing board at official functions. And the prettiness is wearing off so there's even more of an urgency.

I certainly hope that you are not advocating cheating.

I can't understand how anyone would advocate such a thing in ANY situation. Until and unless they decide to be committed to one another there is no need to be in a relationship. And as far as everything to this point shows, they are monogomaous - and I for one applaud that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Britters said:
Give Kate a chance, imo, at this point she's doing a wonderful job. She's his girlfriend...she's not overstepping her position and trying to project herself as anything more. There are no waves and that's good...the last thing the Royal Family needs is another Princess to create more controversy, as many have done in the past.

William has endured more than his fair share of the dramatics, and controversy, maybe he wants to live a boring life.

I have to agree with what you have said, apart from the boring bit, perhaps William just wants a little normality in his life.

Arranged marriages should have been banned years ago.

William needs a good Royal wife - then have one. It doesn't mean he has to be down her blouse every 5 minutes. Have one for the office and one for the bedroom - it's worked for hundreds of years and if it's done discreetly and if everyone knows their place then it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to fit William and Kate's lifestyles as well.

So many people hated Camilla for being the mistress and now you're advocating Kate becoming one as well?
This whole subject really bothers me... perhaps a change in discussion is in order?

Yes, being a juggler can be extremly hard work! :lol:

Ah but that was because Camilla was really the one to be the wife. She's better as a wife than as a mistress. And Camilla was hated because of the competition. If nobody knows about Kate and if his wife knows about her and knows what she's getting into then she'd cope and so would Kate. I just think Kate wouldn't be good as a Princess or as a Queen but if William can't give her up, nobody would object to him playing twister with her behind closed doors.

BeatrixFan said:
Ah but that was because Camilla was really the one to be the wife. She's better as a wife than as a mistress. And Camilla was hated because of the competition. If nobody knows about Kate and if his wife knows about her and knows what she's getting into then she'd cope and so would Kate. I just think Kate wouldn't be good as a Princess or as a Queen but if William can't give her up, nobody would object to him playing twister with her behind closed doors.
BeatrixFan, you are witty as usual!

I hate to disagree with you, but I think Kate would actually be very good as a Wife, a Princess or a Queen. She isn't royal, but obviously she is VERY discreet, she's well educated, she's physically attractive, and she's very supportive of Prince William.

Because she is a commoner and isn't of noble or aristocratic descent, maybe she HAS to appear boring and lowkey in order to pass muster. I'm sure the BRF has had more than enough overly dramatic-relationship-issues-with inlaws aired in public to last several lifetimes!

It seems to me that Prince William is an intensely private person, and I would bet you any amount of money that he is totally aware of the fact that his life is preset for him, that he knows his life really isn't his own.

Maybe his relationship with Kate is one of the few things he has control over, and he keeps it low key and out of the public eye in order to maintain a grip on some normality, no matter how small.

Don't forget that Prince William was able to initially develop his relationship with Kate outside of the mainstream Media scrutiny while at St. Andrews. They were probably able to form a real bond during that time period that helps them to endure all of this speculation from the 'unwashed masses':lol:.

Maybe Kate just 'does' it for him, and in addition maybe she 'does' it for the British Royal Family also. It could be that his relationship with Kate Middleton is approved by Buckingham Palace because she doesn't present a threat, and she might just prove to be a real asset.

After all, we really don't know anything about her as a person other than the fact that everyone assumes she doesn't work, (which we don't know for a fact) and they assume she is being supported solely by her parents.

No skeletons, no secret drug addict past, no babies given up for adoption with Kate (at least not so far, anyway...)

Maybe Prince William is just happy having that part of his life be stress-free?

Kate might end up being the one, or she might be the one for right now. It's too early for William to even contemplate marriage at this stage. He's too young and there is no need to rush in.

I hate to disagree with you, but I think Kate would actually be very good as a Wife, a Princess or a Queen. She isn't royal, but obviously she is VERY discreet, she's well educated, she's physically attractive, and she's very supportive of Prince William.

What about work ethic? Now I know she's a good person, but what about the protocol, the traveling, the demands placed on a Consort? I might make enemies for stating this, but while Diana did work as a nanny and teacher's assistant for infants, she did crack under the intense demands that were made of her. Now Kate has (as far as we know) a job that will disrupt her regular lifestyle, place restrictions and demands on her that will not allow her to life a life that she wants. She might snap and it would be disastrous for the monarchy.

I wonder if Kate realizes the changes that will occur and I don't know if she can rise to the occasion. She would be a good wife, but she would not be living the life of a middle class housewife or even the life of a rich socialite. It won't work out that way. She's lived a life with no real responsibilities and it's something that has to be learned largely from the cradle and carries onto adulthood. She's been brought up in a carefree environment and I don't know or believe that she could handle it. Her character might not be strong enough.

An aristocratic or royal Princess would know the drill and be familiar with the expectations. With Diana things didn't work out, but Diana had mental problems and hadn't been brought up in a diciplined manner. Her mental issues would have caused problems and upheavals in any marriage to any man of any stature.

It would be good if we didn't get sidetracked onto the subject of Diana's "issues".
Poor Kate has enough to deal with in this thread without finding herself in the middle of yet another Diana imbroglio.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Tzu An said:
What about work ethic? Now I know she's a good person, but what about the protocol, the traveling, the demands placed on a Consort? I might make enemies for stating this, but while Diana did work as a nanny and teacher's assistant for infants, she did crack under the intense demands that were made of her. Now Kate has (as far as we know) a job that will disrupt her regular lifestyle, place restrictions and demands on her that will not allow her to life a life that she wants. She might snap and it would be disastrous for the monarchy.

I wonder if Kate realizes the changes that will occur and I don't know if she can rise to the occasion. She would be a good wife, but she would not be living the life of a middle class housewife or even the life of a rich socialite. It won't work out that way. She's lived a life with no real responsibilities and it's something that has to be learned largely from the cradle and carries onto adulthood. She's been brought up in a carefree environment and I don't know or believe that she could handle it. Her character might not be strong enough.

An aristocratic or royal Princess would know the drill and be familiar with the expectations. With Diana things didn't work out, but Diana had mental problems and hadn't been brought up in a diciplined manner. Her mental issues would have caused problems and upheavals in any marriage to any man of any stature.
Tzu An,

Those are reasonable statements and reasonable questions, I'd like to take a shot at a logical answer.
Of course this is all just speculation, but using the powers of logical reasoning, how in the world could Kate not be aware of the sacrifices and duty involved? If she has actually been in a friendship/relationship with Prince William since 2001, then it’s logical to assume he's discussed his life situation with her at length. It's also logical to assume that he's acquainted her with the realities of his required public service and duties as a royal Ad Nauseum.

After all the continuous media frenzy and speculation, not to mention the constant conversations in the press, on the internet, and everywhere about William's mother; and including Kate's own personal encounters with the press, she would literally have to be deaf and blind a la Helen Keller not to be aware of the true circumstances.

As far as work ethic is concerned, we don't know for a fact that Kate doesn't possess a proper work ethic, nor do we know for a fact that she isn't up to the demands of being married to a royal. Logically we can't compare her to Princess Diana because putting their personality differences aside, Diana never completed four years of university or graduated with honours, so she didn't develop that specific type of self discipline. How do we know that the life Kate's been living for this past year since graduating June 2005 isn't something she and Prince William discussed beforehand, possibly to give her a chance to make up her mind if she wants to deal with it? To this date there haven't been any factual indications of weakness or inability to cope on her part.

Adressing employment, how do we know for a fact that she doesn't actually work at something?
It is very possible that she could be working somewhere doing something career wise and the general public just hasn't been given the details. Since both Prince William and the BRF are aware of Kate's living and working situation, (or lack of working) it's logical to assume that whatever she’s doing meets with their approval. At the end of the day we speculate because we haven't seen her become Super Corporate Woman, yet we don't have any actual negative behaviour dirt on her either.

IMO this is the crux of what really bugs people about Ms. Middleton. The press writes her up as this icon of fantastic goodness and virtue, and it's really annoying to most of us.(myself included! ) I think this turns many people off Kate and gives rise to assumptions of her being a person who has no experience with responsibility, of poor character, emotionally weak, etc. The problem is she's been painted as a goody-goody instead of a real human being, and we all know that no one likes a goody-goody.

By all accounts Prince William is shrewd and intelligent. Perhaps we should just give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume that his powers of reasoning are actually sufficient to allow him to choose a strong, stable and sensible person to be in a relationship with. By being at university with her, he had a long time to observe her in some very candid circumstances before their relationship was placed in the media fish bowl; I'm sure he was able to make a pretty thorough assessment of her character.

She showed self-disciplined by completing a university education. Maybe she shows strength because she's been able to keep her personal life somewhat private even while being in the public eye. It's possible she isn't boring and weak so much as quiet and discreet, and it could be that those are very desirable traits for a girlfriend to have as far as Prince William is concerned. It's logical to assume Prince William finds some desirable attributes in Kate or he wouldn't continue to be with her and have her interacting with his family.

Of course we won't know anything until he either proposes to her or breaks it off with her, but right now I think he's young enough to want to wait awhile before doing either one.
Please understand that I'm not advocating Ms. Middleton for Princess, I just dislike real logic not being applied to any situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom