Possible Scottish Independence and the Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 6h
#royal Buckingham Palace would neither confirm nor deny that the #Queen purrs when she is happy....one of my wierder chats with Buck Pal.

Now I'm totally imagining the Queen purring as the DoE scratches behind her ears....

I'll bet HM is thinking about dressing down Cameron at the Royal Mews...

I'll bet HM is thinking about dressing down Cameron at the Royal Mews...

I wouldn't be surprised if HM barks a few disparaging remarks at him either. Feed him to the dogs so to speak. :D

Did Cameron apologize? Is there a video somewhere?

He hasn't come out in front of No10 and apologised no. He has apologised in various ways through statements etc. Cameron isn't going to make a speech apologising, that would be OTT, and he has a lot of bigger issues to deal with. Hence why the comment should never have been made, and not made the front pages this morning.

Cameron's apology for Queen 'purred' comment | UK | News | Daily Express
The Prime Minister said he was "very embarrassed" by the extraordinary breach of protocol.

He said : "Look, I'm very embarrassed by this. I'm extremely sorry about it. It was a private conversation, but clearly a private conversation that I shouldn't have had and won't have again.

"My office has already been in touch with the Palace to make that clear and I will do so as well."

Mr Cameron made clear his office had already apologised to Her Majesty and he would do so personally in the future.

The PM's indiscreet comments were caught on a microphone talking about a private conversation he held with Her Majesty after Friday's referendum result.

He hasn't come out in front of No10 and apologised no. He has apologised in various ways through statements etc. Cameron isn't going to make a speech apologising, that would be OTT, and he has a lot of bigger issues to deal with. Hence why the comment should never have been made, and not made the front pages this morning.

Okay thanks! I had read somthing about Cameron being embarassed and about to apologize, so I asked:flowers:

Cameron to make MORE apologies to the Queen for claiming she 'purred' over Scotland result as he reveals he would have quit over a Yes vote | Daily Mail Online
David Cameron today admitted he will have to apologise to the Queen again for claiming she 'purred' when Scots rejected independence.
He also revealed he 'contemplated' having to quit as Prime Minister if people in Scotland had voted Yes.
In an interview he said he watched the results of the historic referendum with his son Ewen on his lap wearing tartan pyjamas, feeling 'saddened' about the prospect of separation.

I don't know about anyone else, but...

...I've been having a fine time imagining HM speaking like the late great Eartha Kitt (the original Catwoman in Batman).

Given that the Catalan president has sanctioned the law calling a referendum on Catalan independence on November 9, should we start a new thread on "Possible Catalan independence and the Spanish Monarchy" ?

Er, is this just in case of another Scottish referendum in a decade or so?:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom