Portraits of the British Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have another new portrait, frankly looks photoshopped to me.

Is this the most astonishing photoshoot of the Queen ever? Yes, it really IS Her Majesty as Queen of Scots amid the heather (moments before a midge invasion) | Mail Online[/QUOT

Actually I thought it looked like she was standing in front of a very very large painting of the Scottish countryside until I read the articles and saw the set up of the photographers taking the shoot.

I have to say its one of the best portraits I've seen of HM lately

Last edited:
look at her hair

Attachments

• vladtiara.JPG
    vladtiara.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 434
All I can say is that she does not wear any tiara when dressed in Thistle robes - she wears the plumed hat, which she seems to be carrying in her hand.

And the tiara doesn't look right

I think the portrait is very nice. I think it may look funny because of the landscaping. She could've taken the picture inside the castle but did it out outdoors and I like it. She put the Cambridge Emeralds back into the Vladimir tiara.

And that picture is why we used the word "looks".

The area around Balmoral is absolutely beautiful. The more I see, the more I can understand why the Windsors love it so much. That's why it really didn't surprise me that a 87 year old woman would take all the time to get fitted out in all the regalia, drive 25 minutes (or was it 25 miles. Early here and not enough coffee yet) to the spot and obviously walk among the heather to the spot she was photographed at.

This photo reflects HM to a tee. I love it!

I like this picture. He looks so distinguished and every inch a Prince. He actually has gotten more handsome as he has gotten older. :)

I like this picture. He looks so distinguished and every inch a Prince. He actually has gotten more handsome as he has gotten older. :)

I definitely agree with you that's he's grown more distinguished and good looking as he's gotten older. The portrait however, at a first glance, looks more like Andrew to me.

The Prince of Wales has always managed to look very good in his uniforms. Very Kingly, IMO.

The most "epical" portrait of Queen Elizabeth II | Spletnik.ru

The only epical element in the portrait is Balmoral.

Well, that's certainly an incongruous setting for those magnificent robes and jewels. HM looks like she's wondering how she wound up in a bucolic field with all that finery! :D

And I also agree with the comments that the Prince of Wales has gotten more handsome and distinguished looking in his latter years. Like a fine wine, he gets better with age! ;)

I kind of like the portrait. It has a majestic feel to it. It almost looks like she is gazing out over her lands and thinking," this is all mine and how beautiful it is indeed, and I am the Queen." I know that is what I would think.

Beautiful official portrait of a young Queen Elizabeth II in her role as Colonel-in-Chief of the Grenadier Guards:
Message personnel

I must say that it's too bad that Her Majesty no longer wear her uniforms. I always thought she looked great in them.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the "Different facets of Diana" thread in Diana's sub forum, but I thought I'd post it here since it's a portrait of a British royal.

Israel Zohar, a painter, painted a portrait of what he thought Diana would look like if she was still alive now. He previously painted a portrait of her in 1990. According to the article, he said "I didn't want to make her look too old because I don't think she would've aged too much". Here's the link to the article:

How granny Diana would look now, by artist who painted portrait of her as a young mum | Mail Online

Last edited:
I don't think she would've aged that much either but it's an interesting portrait. I think she had her mothers looks.

Gross. It was pretty awful picture the first time round.

^
That is a really good shot and also a flattering dress on Camilla.

:previous: Sophie and Edward don't look photoshopped to me. The worst case was William and Catherine's engagmeent pix by Testino. So bad as to be close to blurred. I think that man is not as good as he used to be.

I really like these pix of the Wessex's.

A beautiful Official Picture of TRH The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall:
throwing tennis racquets erryday

I think Testino did a great job with these two.

Wow!! That is one of the most flattering evening gowns I've ever seen Camilla in. She looks amazing in this portrait.

BTW...Is she wearing her Turquoise set for this? I tried enlarging the picture, but only blurred things. Thanks in advance!!

Wow!! That is one of the most flattering evening gowns I've ever seen Camilla in. She looks amazing in this portrait.

BTW...Is she wearing her Turquoise set for this? I tried enlarging the picture, but only blurred things. Thanks in advance!!

I think so too

Back
Top Bottom