The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Gosh, this painting is just wonderful ! The blury background makes Princess Luis Margarete even more imposing.
Thanks for posting Madame Royale
You're most welcome, TheTruth

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

HR&IM The Queen, Empress of India (Alexandra of Denmark)

Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Gosh, this painting is just wonderful ! The blury background makes Princess Luis Margarete even more imposing.
Thanks for posting Madame Royale
I take it Madame Royale, that Princess Luise Margarete, Duchess of Connaught is grandmother to Queen Ingrid of Denmark?
She would be mother to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden?
Thank you for posting the picture. She looks impressive!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

That is correct, LOSSEAN.

You're most welcome

Old 11-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

HR&IM The Queen, Empress of India (Victoria Mary of Teck)

Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 AM
Commoner

The Queen's granchildren

Has anyone seen any pictures with the Queen and all 8 of her grandchildren together?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Gentry

Ooo, that would be a great picture! I've only seen her with a few of her grandchildren at a time though.........
Old 03-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Courtier

none exists yet. If what I am told is true Zara, William and Harry haven't even met James yet.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Gentry

Awww, if they haven't met him yet, that is sad!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Nobility

I have only seen a photo with the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with four of their grandchildren Peter, Zara, William, and Harry. that picture was taken before Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, and James were born. I have seen pictures of the Queen with her grandchildren individually though, just not James.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Courtier

I am sure Queen and family will pictures her grandson James soon when he will have baptism but When??? I hope soon..
Old 03-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
none exists yet. If what I am told is true Zara, William and Harry haven't even met James yet.
I'd be interested to know who it is who keeps such close tabs on these three to know that - or, for that matter, knows that all of the other grandchildren have met their little cousin.

As James is just over 3 months old, I don't find it unduly worrisome that some might not have yet visited him or his parents, but I find that difficult to believe. The family appears to be a mutually supportive one from where I sit. I've always thought it one of the British Royal Family's greatest strengths, deliberately fostered by Her Majesty.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I have only seen a photo with the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with four of their grandchildren Peter, Zara, William, and Harry. that picture was taken before Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, and James were born. I have seen pictures of the Queen with her grandchildren individually though, just not James.
I've seen them all together, Blondie28, on many occasions. Perhaps it's to do with The Queen's being Australia's Head of State, thus the family's gatherings and happenings are more frequently reported on here. Possibility?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
I've seen them all together, Blondie28, on many occasions. Perhaps it's to do with The Queen's being Australia's Head of State, thus the family's gatherings and happenings are more frequently reported on here. Possibility?
What I meant was the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh sitting formally with just their grandchildren, without their children in the picture. Not like on occasions, just sitting formally for a photograph with the photograph. I believe the photo I am referring to was taken in December of 1987.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Courtier

I see. Well, no, I haven't seen a formal photograph of the grandparents and all grandchildren either. Point taken.

Another consideration is that we've always been led to believe, from reported comments of the Duke, that Peter is a particular favourite. Therefore, I wouldn't read overly much into the fact that little photographic evidence of the grandparent-child relationship suggests anything, particularly.

I think that, if you write and make your suggestion for such a photo (post to the web site),you'll receive a courteous response, and, more importantly, that it will be considered.

Perhaps those of us who are interested enough might do likewise?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 AM

I think a picture like that would be wonderful and something the Queen could put up in her palace.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
I see. Well, no, I haven't seen a formal photograph of the grandparents and all grandchildren either. Point taken.

Another consideration is that we've always been led to believe, from reported comments of the Duke, that Peter is a particular favourite. Therefore, I wouldn't read overly much into the fact that little photographic evidence of the grandparent-child relationship suggests anything, particularly.

I think that, if you write and make your suggestion for such a photo (post to the web site),you'll receive a courteous response, and, more importantly, that it will be considered.

Perhaps those of us who are interested enough might do likewise?
Didn't the queen of Denmark use such a picture of her, her husband and all four grandchildren as her christmas card last year? If so, I think queen Elizabeth has gotten the idea as she is said to reply personally to all christmas wishes from other souverains. Especially as Margrethe, Philip and she are cousins.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Courtier

I've seen a pic with her and all the older ones...but an official portrait with all of them now would be cool...including the little ones. But it's probably really hard to get them all in one place.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 PM

The image of Princess Anne toward the top of the first page of this thread makes her look surprisingly like Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna, youngest sister of the last Tsar, during her post-European exile in Canada. By the way, does anyone know why she and her husband picked Canada?
Old 05-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Gentry

Thumbs up New Canadian portraits of HM and HRH

Hello All:

I haven't seen this posted here yet, but the Canadian government has released new Official portraits of HM the Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. The photos were taken in Alberta in May 2005, and the previous portraits were taken in Gatineau, Quebec in October 2002. Oddly, they haven't updated the Duke of Edinburgh's "solo" portrait.

Portraits via Canadian Heritage: Official Photographic Portrait of Her Majesty The Queen

Tags
british royal family, portraits