Portraits of the British Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HM has such a lovely smile and I like her new portrait. The black and white is a nice idea.

I agree with you Dman. It is a very warm portrait of the Queen. I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

She looks so like her mother in this photograph.

What a wonderful warm Windsor smile ,I really like this new portrait of Her Majesty!

The portrait of Queen Elizabeth II is wonderful.
The Queen is truly joyous and truly regal! :queen::queen3:

HMQEII.jpg
HM The Queen
by Leonard Boden
Oil on canvas, collection: The Regimental Museum of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.

I saw this painting on the Facebook page British Commonwealth. Is Her Majesty wearing the Order of the Thistle?

View attachment 291585
HM The Queen
by Leonard Boden
Oil on canvas, collection: The Regimental Museum of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.

I saw this painting on the Facebook page British Commonwealth. Is Her Majesty wearing the Order of the Thistle?

Yes, she wearing the robe but without the collar.

Picture:
Happy and Glorious @HappynGlorious · 1h
A little known portrait of #PrinceWilliam, aged 18, apparently kept at Buckingham Palace. By Albert Edwin Flury.
https://twitter.com/HappynGlorious/status/480424294376554496

It almost looked like some one photo shopped a bad William head on a portrait on a young George V with that old style collar. Hope that portrait is hidden in a basement loo because it isn't very good. Making a 18 yr in the year 2000 look like he is in the 1910s isn't a good ideal.

It almost looked like some one photo shopped a bad William head on a portrait on a young George V with that old style collar. Hope that portrait is hidden in a basement loo because it isn't very good. Making a 18 yr in the year 2000 look like he is in the 1910s isn't a good ideal.
Flury uses this mannered style for his portraits. It seems this work was a gift upon the Prince's 18th birthday. See RITRATTISTI :: Pittore e Ritrattista Albert Edwin Flury for more info.

Flury uses this mannered style for his portraits. It seems this work was a gift upon the Prince's 18th birthday. See RITRATTISTI :: Pittore e Ritrattista Albert Edwin Flury for more info.

Albert Edwin is one grand and superb painter!
His use of color is outstanding!

How many times did Norman Douglas Hutchinson paint Queen Elizabeth II?
How many times did he paint Queen Elizabeth, consort of King George VI?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it very much and it is a very good likeness of Camilla.

What a strange painting! The artist appears to be giving William gravitas and a place in history, yet the Prince's face and mood don't fit his surroundings. It's like an old painting with William's face stuck on it.

Picture:
Happy and Glorious @HappynGlorious · 1h
A little known portrait of #PrinceWilliam, aged 18, apparently kept at Buckingham Palace. By Albert Edwin Flury.
https://twitter.com/HappynGlorious/status/480424294376554496

It totally looks like someone just put a bad William head on portrait of a young George V. What's up with the Edwardian collar and tie?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It totally looks like someone just put a bad William head on portrait of a young George V. What's up with the Edwardian collar and tie?

George V? Maybe its just me but I saw Tom Cruise.

(ducks and runs for cover)

Well now you mention it me too before his couch jumping days

Then again... perhaps they look alike because of DIANetics? :whistling:

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 32m 32 minutes ago
The queen has always faced right on coins, tradition says Charles will face left, then William right, and George left.

Video:
A new image of the Queen has been unveiled by the Royal Mint today, which will appear on new coins in April. It is the fifth portrait of the Queen to be used since her coronation in 1953. Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark was picked to create the design. Shows: Intro by Adam Lawrence, Royal Mint CEO, unveiling of image, photocall Jody Clark with portrait and Intv and gvs of all five portraits. .

Home - ITNSource News

New portrait of the Queen for use on coins unveiled | Daily Mail Online

Hmm, Jody Clark's drawing is more successful than the engraving on the coin IMO. I am glad to see the George IV State Diadem back, though. Nice as the GGBNI is, nothing matches the GIV.

Back
Top Bottom