Peter Phillips Wedding 2008: the Royal Family, Hello! Magazine and "Freebies"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting the pictures, randomlyKeira!!! They're very nice and capture the festivities quite well. I just have one comments tho: Was this not Peter and Autumn's wedding? Then why all the shots of Kate, Chelsey & Harry? That was a bit much and I'd be a bit put off if I were the bride & groom.

Otherwise, I don't know why all the fuss about this photo shoot. Peter Philips has led a respectful dignified life out of the spotlight. He supposedly was given permission by HM and his mother to allow the Hello! photographers into the inner circle. You can't tell me P Harry and the other guests weren't aware of what was going on when the rest of the world was. Come on! I say Congratulations to the couple and may they have many years of happiness!

Thank you for posting the link for the photos...but quite surprising for me as most of the photos were the shots of Chelsy, Kate and Harry...

Personally I'm quite annoyed with William and Harry. It's alright for them to roll out of Boujis and fall into people, it's alright for Harry to dress up as Goebbels, it's alright for them to use the media for their Di concert, it's alright for William to parade his girlfriend, it's alright for him to fly Chinooks to the chip shop etc etc but if Peter and Autumn want to show their happiness they're shouted down. Those boys need a damn good slap.

posted by randomlykeira
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x257/randomly_keira/celebrities/Peter Autumn Wedding/114-1.jpg these pictures here whilst they are really nice i dont think should have been included in the spread it was focused too much on Kate and Chelsy as a way of selling more copies and im not surprised that Harry would be annoyed with these cause its a totally momnet and they are not aware that the cameras are on them
I haven't seen any news that Harry is annoyed with any of these pictures, do you have a link to the article?

From what I understand their was an argument with Hello! Don't know what it was, and if this was the original argreement with Peter Philips or the reharshed version made by the Queen later. Either way they are all angry so what was actually a good relationship with Hello magazine has come to an end.

With all of the big uproar over the Hello coverage of the wedding, it will probably be a long time before Peter would be given some kind of title by the Queen - if it would even happen at all!

Thank You Amelia. :flowers: The Sun and The mail no less! :ROFLMAO::whistling: 'Well placed sources', 'made clear', what a load of old *****, from the disgruntled tabloids! Arthur Edwards has been on the news complaining, quoting the ubiquitous 'unnamed sources', talk about noses out of joint, they are beginning to sound like 3 year olds denied a lollipop! :baby:

Well done HM, Peter and Autumn, I absolutely love it! :notworthy::notworthy:

The article is clearly unable to get it's facts straight - particularly as several senior members are still funded by the taxpayer. - Err, No

Is this the same Norman Lamb who along with the rest of the MP's has fought using taxpayers money to try to stop us knowing that they have been using taxpayers money to fund their lifestyles? - Norman Lamb, of the Liberal Democrats, said the deal was 'quite a serious error of judgment' which could seriously damage the monarchy

Last edited:
i personally dont care what people say about the hello magazie. At the end of the day, if people chose to go out and buy it, then its their choice. I am glad that they did it and hope that when zara gets married she will do the same!! because i (and probably more) am very curious and interested to know what the royal family are really like.
Those who think that it is cheap and demeaning to show the intimate moments in a magazine, then dont look at it..there doesnt have to be a huge scandal around every choice the younger members of the royal family make because although they are royal, they are living in a very different world to what their ancestors grew up in.

Thank you by the way RandomlyKeira for the pictures :D :D

Last edited:
I have passed the point where i belive anything the press say at the moment. They also said that Hello were not going to get their exclusive, but it seems Hello has proved them wrong. Theyve also said hat the Queen and other members of the royal family were boycotting Hello or whatever, but from what ive seen, that isnt true either.
Unless Harry of William actually makke a public announcement, i can never beilve anything the press say!!

Personally I'm quite annoyed with William and Harry. It's alright for them to roll out of Boujis and fall into people, it's alright for Harry to dress up as Goebbels, it's alright for them to use the media for their Di concert, it's alright for William to parade his girlfriend, it's alright for him to fly Chinooks to the chip shop etc etc but if Peter and Autumn want to show their happiness they're shouted down. Those boys need a damn good slap.

Why would you be annoyed with them? If Peter and Autumn want to show their happiness in Hello, thats fine, but that has nothing to do with William and Harry's girlfriends, so they have every right to be mad. Although I think Autumn and Peter were manipulated by Hello but they should have known better than to do business with a tabloid.

You misunderstand, I'm annoyed with William and Harry who have criticised Peter and Autumn for letting Hello in. Nothing to do with the girls, I didn't say it did. Personally I think the Hello thing is no big deal but it becomes one when William and Harry (who are proving to be pretty crap Royals IMO) have a pop at Peter about it.

i dont even think the thing about william and harry being upset is even true :D

Thank you for posting the pictures, randomlyKeira!!! They're very nice and capture the festivities quite well. I just have one comments tho: Was this not Peter and Autumn's wedding? Then why all the shots of Kate, Chelsey & Harry? That was a bit much and I'd be a bit put off if I were the bride & groom.

I think that the "big deal" was that the family knew that the spread wouldn't really be about the bride and groom, and that was probably one reason why they weren't too thrilled about it. The entire spread was a Kate and Chelsy spread, and not a Peter and Autumn Wedding spread...

And Lady Windsor, I haven't yet found any pictures of the Yorks at teh reception, sorry...

Personally I think the Hello thing is no big deal but it becomes one when William and Harry (who are proving to be pretty crap Royals IMO) have a pop at Peter about it.
I think the article meant to say that Fred the Gerbil has spoken to unnamed sources who have repeated their story to the Sun and the Mail, because they are really p*ssed off that they didn't get an exclusive!:D

Well, to me the big deal is that things like this make royalty move on a slippery road with ' celebs' . Apart from that, it is rather problematic if royals milk their positions too clearly, which is the case here. And yes, I know that PP is not royal, but being a grandson of the Queen of England is good enough for me.

According to the photos posted here, it looked like "The Kate and Chelsy Show."

I'm not too keen on selling rights to a magazine (but the Yorks sold the rights to their baby diapering 20 years ago). Sometimes the mystique ought to be preserved, a lesson that should have been learned almost 40 years ago.

BP and the monarch ought to come up with a way not to burden the young royals/semi-royals with paying for a large wedding and party while not forcing them to sell their weddings.

What's next, should Beatrice wed with a large "Motorola" stitched down the back of her train?

:D that's exactly what I thought. William isn't even in the UK for all we know. How could he have expressed his anger and the DM know about it? This sounds more like those papers stirring the pot who didn't get the exclusive pics.

I totally agree with Marengo's and iowabelle's views on the subject matter. Being somewhat snobbish, I for one think that anyone outside of sport, music, or films should take money from "Hello". I find the target audience of Hello magazine to be too common. Perhaps, the deal with Tatler or Majesty would have been slightly better...

neither york girls appeared in informal shots at the reception nor did any other young royals like freddie windsor (surprising saying he always like abit of publicity), ella or the gloucesters (they are all very private) it was mainly just the bride and groom (naturally) harry, kate, chelsy and zara. there was one photo of sophie clapping on the dance floor but hello had managed to reverse the image (ie her hat was on the other side and her wedding ring was on the right - it really annoys me when they do this) i think she may regret this as apart from the formal pictures no other senior royal was snapped at the party

Having finally got my copy of Hello today I think the pictures are beautiful. Everyone who is photographed knew they were being took. There is no way that Peter and Autumn would have been able to do this without certain members of the family agreeing. Peter would never do anything to upset his nearest and dearest.

The chapel photo's were telling. I was shocked to see how close Kate and Chelsy (who wer sat with Mike Tindall) were to the Royals. I think this is an indication of how integrated they are in the family.

I don't believe that Harry and Wills are annoyed - the sun and mail are full of poppycock. They are just all green with envy.

Did you see Lady Louise in one of the chapel pictures sat between her parents - lovely.

By the way my copy was the last in the shop - which as a weekly purchaser is very unusual so there must be an interest in this wedding.

They seem to be fair game now in the media world. It is something that only crass and trash like Wayne Rooney and his child bride, or Posh "I am royalty" Beckham would do.

In fact they compared them to the "footballers' wives" in that respect.

I think they certainly ripped the door open for the most intimate look at a royal or semi-royal, whatever you want to call it, wedding..

I heard the Queen was NOT pleased by any of this...

What I do not seem to understand is here was a young man, who cherished his privacy unlike some of his first cousins with the media, and he really put himself and his beautiful bride into the limelight. Why?

Now whatever they do is fair game.... any fights, problems, issues, bad hair and clothes days...and enormous time spent apart... will be all over the media...

The grass does not seem to be greener on the other side for them...

I still think the press are making more of this issue, than the Royal Family. I cant believe members of the Royal Family didn't know until the day arrived. When you consider that the press knew there was going to be a deal with Hello over the wedding.

I feel that any bride and groom should put on the wedding which they can AFFORD. If it is too expensive, then cut back on some of the arrangements.
I had heard that Peter inherited quite a sum from the late Queen Mum. If he didn't want to use any of that money for the wedding and his parents balked at paying for it, then cut back on the expense.
On the other hand, after all of this brouhaha, Peter and Autumn only got paid 500, 000 Pounds? They should have held out for more money. Hello Magazne will make a killing off of those photos!

Wow it has been a journey. I feel bad for all the negative press received by this scandal, but it brings up a good point; things like this are bound to happen when the royals marry "out of their circle". Kate and Chelsey are from blue blooded, wealthy families where they would never 'need' to pull this sort of wagish behavior. Until recently most royals have married cousins (Sophie) or courtiers or the extreamly wealthy who run in royal circles. Autumn needed the money, people sell out for money. She sold out for money at the expense of the Royal Family.
Do you think she would even have bene allowed to date one of the princes given her background? I think not.
That being said, I wish them all the happines in the world. I hope they can soon go back to a private happy life.

I still think the press are making more of this issue, than the Royal Family. I cant believe members of the Royal Family didn't know until the day arrived. When you consider that the press knew there was going to be a deal with Hello over the wedding.

I agree, Kezza. It's beyond the realms of believability that this came as a surprise to HM. From what I gather, it's the old fuddy-duddy element around the Court and a few splentic MPs who are making the most fuss. Having agreed to Peter and Autumn's use of royal properties and props (as any loving grandmother would) it's ridiculous to assume that she wouldn't have enquired as to how the breakfast and party would be paid for.

I tend to think charitably about this: perhaps Autumn used some of the money to help defray the expenses of her Canadian family and friends, as well.

Good for her, if so.

I can well imagine the furore if they'd had a wedding and celebration on the cheap. Peter's grandparents and mother would have been subjected to onerous criticism and heaven only knows what sort of comments would have been made about Autumn's perfectly decent, but not very wealthy parents.

On the whole, I think that they've managed quite well. From the little that I know, most people think Peter Phillips a very pleasant and engaging young man and I think that he's also shown himself to be a very canny one, at that.

Nor do I think that he'll be hounded as a consequence of this, unless the disappointed press hyenas decide to make him 'pay' for excluding most of them.

In sum, I'm pleased that they weren't reduced to fish 'n chips and jellied eels on picnic rugs in Great Windsor Park.

I don't like that Autumn and Peter invited Hello! to the wedding and especially that they took money for it. It is clear that they were cashing on being connected to Royal family, the tabloid would never give them such pay out if Peter were not Queen's grandson. :cool: The whole idea was just tacky.
But on the other hand pics were great. :lol:

I don't believe for a moment about William and harry being upset.:rolleyes: Those tabloids..."Sun" and "Daily mail" are just rags, they even like to make up citations.
Kate was lovely, I really like her outfit. But I don't think her presence here meant anything besids fact that she is William's steady girlfriend. And Harry why he forgot to comb his hair?

Considering I had originally thought there would only be pictures outside the church, I was happy to hear about the Hello! spread. I don't see any way that it would be possible for the family to have been blindsided by the Hello! photographers as it was reported in the press days before the wedding. Although looking at the pictures it is sometimes easy to forget there was a wedding considering all the pictures of Harry, Kate, and Chelsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom