The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

neither york girls appeared in informal shots at the reception nor did any other young royals like freddie windsor (surprising saying he always like abit of publicity), ella or the gloucesters (they are all very private) it was mainly just the bride and groom (naturally) harry, kate, chelsy and zara. there was one photo of sophie clapping on the dance floor but hello had managed to reverse the image (ie her hat was on the other side and her wedding ring was on the right - it really annoys me when they do this) i think she may regret this as apart from the formal pictures no other senior royal was snapped at the party

Old 05-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Having finally got my copy of Hello today I think the pictures are beautiful. Everyone who is photographed knew they were being took. There is no way that Peter and Autumn would have been able to do this without certain members of the family agreeing. Peter would never do anything to upset his nearest and dearest.

The chapel photo's were telling. I was shocked to see how close Kate and Chelsy (who wer sat with Mike Tindall) were to the Royals. I think this is an indication of how integrated they are in the family.

I don't believe that Harry and Wills are annoyed - the sun and mail are full of poppycock. They are just all green with envy.

Did you see Lady Louise in one of the chapel pictures sat between her parents - lovely.

By the way my copy was the last in the shop - which as a weekly purchaser is very unusual so there must be an interest in this wedding.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

They seem to be fair game now in the media world. It is something that only crass and trash like Wayne Rooney and his child bride, or Posh "I am royalty" Beckham would do.

In fact they compared them to the "footballers' wives" in that respect.

I think they certainly ripped the door open for the most intimate look at a royal or semi-royal, whatever you want to call it, wedding..

I heard the Queen was NOT pleased by any of this...

What I do not seem to understand is here was a young man, who cherished his privacy unlike some of his first cousins with the media, and he really put himself and his beautiful bride into the limelight. Why?

Now whatever they do is fair game.... any fights, problems, issues, bad hair and clothes days...and enormous time spent apart... will be all over the media...

The grass does not seem to be greener on the other side for them...
Old 05-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

I still think the press are making more of this issue, than the Royal Family. I cant believe members of the Royal Family didn't know until the day arrived. When you consider that the press knew there was going to be a deal with Hello over the wedding.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Courtier

I feel that any bride and groom should put on the wedding which they can AFFORD. If it is too expensive, then cut back on some of the arrangements.
I had heard that Peter inherited quite a sum from the late Queen Mum. If he didn't want to use any of that money for the wedding and his parents balked at paying for it, then cut back on the expense.
On the other hand, after all of this brouhaha, Peter and Autumn only got paid 500, 000 Pounds? They should have held out for more money. Hello Magazne will make a killing off of those photos!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Commoner

Wow it has been a journey. I feel bad for all the negative press received by this scandal, but it brings up a good point; things like this are bound to happen when the royals marry "out of their circle". Kate and Chelsey are from blue blooded, wealthy families where they would never 'need' to pull this sort of wagish behavior. Until recently most royals have married cousins (Sophie) or courtiers or the extreamly wealthy who run in royal circles. Autumn needed the money, people sell out for money. She sold out for money at the expense of the Royal Family.
Do you think she would even have bene allowed to date one of the princes given her background? I think not.
That being said, I wish them all the happines in the world. I hope they can soon go back to a private happy life.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
I still think the press are making more of this issue, than the Royal Family. I cant believe members of the Royal Family didn't know until the day arrived. When you consider that the press knew there was going to be a deal with Hello over the wedding.
I agree, Kezza. It's beyond the realms of believability that this came as a surprise to HM. From what I gather, it's the old fuddy-duddy element around the Court and a few splentic MPs who are making the most fuss. Having agreed to Peter and Autumn's use of royal properties and props (as any loving grandmother would) it's ridiculous to assume that she wouldn't have enquired as to how the breakfast and party would be paid for.

I tend to think charitably about this: perhaps Autumn used some of the money to help defray the expenses of her Canadian family and friends, as well.

Good for her, if so.

I can well imagine the furore if they'd had a wedding and celebration on the cheap. Peter's grandparents and mother would have been subjected to onerous criticism and heaven only knows what sort of comments would have been made about Autumn's perfectly decent, but not very wealthy parents.

On the whole, I think that they've managed quite well. From the little that I know, most people think Peter Phillips a very pleasant and engaging young man and I think that he's also shown himself to be a very canny one, at that.

Nor do I think that he'll be hounded as a consequence of this, unless the disappointed press hyenas decide to make him 'pay' for excluding most of them.

In sum, I'm pleased that they weren't reduced to fish 'n chips and jellied eels on picnic rugs in Great Windsor Park.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

I don't like that Autumn and Peter invited Hello! to the wedding and especially that they took money for it. It is clear that they were cashing on being connected to Royal family, the tabloid would never give them such pay out if Peter were not Queen's grandson. The whole idea was just tacky.
But on the other hand pics were great.

I don't believe for a moment about William and harry being upset. Those tabloids..."Sun" and "Daily mail" are just rags, they even like to make up citations.
Kate was lovely, I really like her outfit. But I don't think her presence here meant anything besids fact that she is William's steady girlfriend. And Harry why he forgot to comb his hair?

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 05-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness

Considering I had originally thought there would only be pictures outside the church, I was happy to hear about the Hello! spread. I don't see any way that it would be possible for the family to have been blindsided by the Hello! photographers as it was reported in the press days before the wedding. Although looking at the pictures it is sometimes easy to forget there was a wedding considering all the pictures of Harry, Kate, and Chelsy.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Aristocracy

The latest beat up by the Daily Mail.

Peter Phillips's Hello! wedding to Autumn was grasping, vulgar and so damaging to the Queen | Mail Online

It seems to level the blame at every member of the royal family.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Ms. Middleton looked fantastic!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Aristocracy

According to the sun Peter & Autumn had control to which pictures would be in the Hello Magazine, and thats why according to the sun no member of the Royal Family didn't complain.

Royal wedding pics were ‘approved by couple’ | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Old 05-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Courtier

I've checked out all of these sources.

In my opinion, not one is reputable nor above reproach. The have an agenda to fill, it's as simple as that.

As for '...according to The Sun...' look at the proprietorship, which is notoriously anti-monarchical.

The wedding proved to be a very happy family occasion; the wider world was granted a delightful glimpse of royals at play; Peter and Autumn were able to entertain their families and friends in a right-royal style which cost the taxpayers not one penny, and those grumbling are predominatly those elements of the press which were excluded and subsequently, trying to make a major issue of the event.

I don't believe that Peter Phillips, for one moment, would have embarked on any plan which he thought would cause trouble or consternation for his family, much less his grandmother.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaratop View Post
Wow it has been a journey. I feel bad for all the negative press received by this scandal, but it brings up a good point; things like this are bound to happen when the royals marry "out of their circle". Kate and Chelsey are from blue blooded, wealthy families where they would never 'need' to pull this sort of wagish behavior. Until recently most royals have married cousins (Sophie) or courtiers or the extreamly wealthy who run in royal circles. Autumn needed the money, people sell out for money. She sold out for money at the expense of the Royal Family.
Do you think she would even have bene allowed to date one of the princes given her background? I think not.
That being said, I wish them all the happines in the world. I hope they can soon go back to a private happy life.
Where on earth did you hear that Chelsy and Kate have blue blood? They donīt, and Sophie, as nice and pretty she is, is not a cousin or anything like a cousin. Camilla on the contrary could be said that she is "maybe" a cousin.....as some people think, even though the family denies it, that her grandmother was King Edward VIIīs daughter.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
On the other hand, after all of this brouhaha, Peter and Autumn only got paid 500, 000 Pounds? They should have held out for more money. Hello Magazne will make a killing off of those photos!
I agree with you. I am surprised they were paid only 500, 000 pounds myself. Peter and Autumn sold the RF rather cheaply, it is almost insulting. But if Autumn actually did the deal it would explain the cheap price. I don't think she understood the value of the what she was selling. But the worse part is that Peter and Anne must have heard the amount before the deal closed and they thought it was a good price.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaratop View Post
Wow it has been a journey. I feel bad for all the negative press received by this scandal, but it brings up a good point; things like this are bound to happen when the royals marry "out of their circle". Kate and Chelsey are from blue blooded, wealthy families where they would never 'need' to pull this sort of wagish behavior.
Great heavens! Wherever do you get the idea that either Kate or Chelsy were either "blue blooded"?

To put it politely, if one is thinking about bloodlines, in the words of historical romance novelists, both young women have fathers "in trade", to put it bluntly. Common as dirt . . . . just like 99.9% of the population!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't believe that Peter Phillips, for one moment, would have embarked on any plan which he thought would cause trouble or consternation for his family, much less his grandmother.
Neither do I Polly.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, people have done far worse things than that for half a million pounds. And of course such an offer is very tempting, esp. if PP had to pay much for this wedding, but still I wish the RF had some way to prevent their members from milking their position like this. It is not only Peter Philips of course, but in Belgium recently Prince Laurent sold pictures of his family to a boulevard magazine (which also caused a storm of critisism).
Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Nobility

What really gets me about the Hello spread is that Hello turned it into the Kate, Harry and Chelsy show, making it appear Peter and Autumn sold out their royal cousins and their respective girlfriends. The pictures of the three mentioned seemed to out number those of the bride and groom. Peter and Autumn supposedly had approval of the photos printed, though I imagine they approved hundreds of shots and had no knowledge of the final layout until it appeared. One can't imagine they were very happy to see they were used merely for Hello to gain access to Harry, Chelsy and Kate, even if they were paid a hefty sum. But then how could they not have realized that Peter, as a private citizen, would not merit a lot of attention and the focus would be on H, C & K?

I didn't like that the couple did the deal with Hello from day one, as I feel it cheapens and weakens the monarchy at a time when it is in need of all the strength it can muster.

Cat
Old 05-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
You misunderstand, I'm annoyed with William and Harry who have criticised Peter and Autumn for letting Hello in. Nothing to do with the girls, I didn't say it did. Personally I think the Hello thing is no big deal but it becomes one when William and Harry (who are proving to be pretty crap Royals IMO) have a pop at Peter about it.
I guess I assumed there wasn't a difference b/c the only reason the princes seem to be complaining is b/c of the intrusive coverage into their lives. I haven't read anything saying they would be dissapointed if it had been just of Peter and Autmn.

Tags
autumn phillips, british royal family, hello magazine, peter phillips, sponsorship, wedding