The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for posting the pictures, randomlyKeira!!! They're very nice and capture the festivities quite well. I just have one comments tho: Was this not Peter and Autumn's wedding? Then why all the shots of Kate, Chelsey & Harry? That was a bit much and I'd be a bit put off if I were the bride & groom.

Otherwise, I don't know why all the fuss about this photo shoot. Peter Philips has led a respectful dignified life out of the spotlight. He supposedly was given permission by HM and his mother to allow the Hello! photographers into the inner circle. You can't tell me P Harry and the other guests weren't aware of what was going on when the rest of the world was. Come on! I say Congratulations to the couple and may they have many years of happiness!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Commoner

Thank you for posting the link for the photos...but quite surprising for me as most of the photos were the shots of Chelsy, Kate and Harry...

Old 05-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

posted by randomlykeira
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ding/114-1.jpg these pictures here whilst they are really nice i dont think should have been included in the spread it was focused too much on Kate and Chelsy as a way of selling more copies and im not surprised that Harry would be annoyed with these cause its a totally momnet and they are not aware that the cameras are on them

Old 05-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Personally I'm quite annoyed with William and Harry. It's alright for them to roll out of Boujis and fall into people, it's alright for Harry to dress up as Goebbels, it's alright for them to use the media for their Di concert, it's alright for William to parade his girlfriend, it's alright for him to fly Chinooks to the chip shop etc etc but if Peter and Autumn want to show their happiness they're shouted down. Those boys need a damn good slap.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
posted by randomlykeira
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ding/114-1.jpg these pictures here whilst they are really nice i dont think should have been included in the spread it was focused too much on Kate and Chelsy as a way of selling more copies and im not surprised that Harry would be annoyed with these cause its a totally momnet and they are not aware that the cameras are on them
I haven't seen any news that Harry is annoyed with any of these pictures, do you have a link to the article?
Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Here are two articles that I read, now it is the DM and The Sun so......
Prince Harry's fury as wedding pictures sold to magazine | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Harry and William's anger over Hello! pictures of Queen at royal wedding | Mail Online
Old 05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Courtier

From what I understand their was an argument with Hello! Don't know what it was, and if this was the original argreement with Peter Philips or the reharshed version made by the Queen later. Either way they are all angry so what was actually a good relationship with Hello magazine has come to an end.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Courtier

With all of the big uproar over the Hello coverage of the wedding, it will probably be a long time before Peter would be given some kind of title by the Queen - if it would even happen at all!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You Amelia. The Sun and The mail no less! 'Well placed sources', 'made clear', what a load of old *****, from the disgruntled tabloids! Arthur Edwards has been on the news complaining, quoting the ubiquitous 'unnamed sources', talk about noses out of joint, they are beginning to sound like 3 year olds denied a lollipop!

Well done HM, Peter and Autumn, I absolutely love it!

The article is clearly unable to get it's facts straight - particularly as several senior members are still funded by the taxpayer. - Err, No

Is this the same Norman Lamb who along with the rest of the MP's has fought using taxpayers money to try to stop us knowing that they have been using taxpayers money to fund their lifestyles? - Norman Lamb, of the Liberal Democrats, said the deal was 'quite a serious error of judgment' which could seriously damage the monarchy
Old 05-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Courtier

i personally dont care what people say about the hello magazie. At the end of the day, if people chose to go out and buy it, then its their choice. I am glad that they did it and hope that when zara gets married she will do the same!! because i (and probably more) am very curious and interested to know what the royal family are really like.
Those who think that it is cheap and demeaning to show the intimate moments in a magazine, then dont look at it..there doesnt have to be a huge scandal around every choice the younger members of the royal family make because although they are royal, they are living in a very different world to what their ancestors grew up in.

Thank you by the way RandomlyKeira for the pictures
Old 05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Courtier

I have passed the point where i belive anything the press say at the moment. They also said that Hello were not going to get their exclusive, but it seems Hello has proved them wrong. Theyve also said hat the Queen and other members of the royal family were boycotting Hello or whatever, but from what ive seen, that isnt true either.
Unless Harry of William actually makke a public announcement, i can never beilve anything the press say!!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Personally I'm quite annoyed with William and Harry. It's alright for them to roll out of Boujis and fall into people, it's alright for Harry to dress up as Goebbels, it's alright for them to use the media for their Di concert, it's alright for William to parade his girlfriend, it's alright for him to fly Chinooks to the chip shop etc etc but if Peter and Autumn want to show their happiness they're shouted down. Those boys need a damn good slap.
Why would you be annoyed with them? If Peter and Autumn want to show their happiness in Hello, thats fine, but that has nothing to do with William and Harry's girlfriends, so they have every right to be mad. Although I think Autumn and Peter were manipulated by Hello but they should have known better than to do business with a tabloid.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 PM

You misunderstand, I'm annoyed with William and Harry who have criticised Peter and Autumn for letting Hello in. Nothing to do with the girls, I didn't say it did. Personally I think the Hello thing is no big deal but it becomes one when William and Harry (who are proving to be pretty crap Royals IMO) have a pop at Peter about it.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Courtier

i dont even think the thing about william and harry being upset is even true
Old 05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thank you for posting the pictures, randomlyKeira!!! They're very nice and capture the festivities quite well. I just have one comments tho: Was this not Peter and Autumn's wedding? Then why all the shots of Kate, Chelsey & Harry? That was a bit much and I'd be a bit put off if I were the bride & groom.
I think that the "big deal" was that the family knew that the spread wouldn't really be about the bride and groom, and that was probably one reason why they weren't too thrilled about it. The entire spread was a Kate and Chelsy spread, and not a Peter and Autumn Wedding spread...

And Lady Windsor, I haven't yet found any pictures of the Yorks at teh reception, sorry...
Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Personally I think the Hello thing is no big deal but it becomes one when William and Harry (who are proving to be pretty crap Royals IMO) have a pop at Peter about it.
I think the article meant to say that Fred the Gerbil has spoken to unnamed sources who have repeated their story to the Sun and the Mail, because they are really p*ssed off that they didn't get an exclusive!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, to me the big deal is that things like this make royalty move on a slippery road with ' celebs' . Apart from that, it is rather problematic if royals milk their positions too clearly, which is the case here. And yes, I know that PP is not royal, but being a grandson of the Queen of England is good enough for me.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to the photos posted here, it looked like "The Kate and Chelsy Show."

I'm not too keen on selling rights to a magazine (but the Yorks sold the rights to their baby diapering 20 years ago). Sometimes the mystique ought to be preserved, a lesson that should have been learned almost 40 years ago.

BP and the monarch ought to come up with a way not to burden the young royals/semi-royals with paying for a large wedding and party while not forcing them to sell their weddings.

What's next, should Beatrice wed with a large "Motorola" stitched down the back of her train?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

that's exactly what I thought. William isn't even in the UK for all we know. How could he have expressed his anger and the DM know about it? This sounds more like those papers stirring the pot who didn't get the exclusive pics.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree with Marengo's and iowabelle's views on the subject matter. Being somewhat snobbish, I for one think that anyone outside of sport, music, or films should take money from "Hello". I find the target audience of Hello magazine to be too common. Perhaps, the deal with Tatler or Majesty would have been slightly better...

Tags
autumn phillips, british royal family, hello magazine, peter phillips, sponsorship, wedding