The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Commoner

Oh wow! I'm new here, that's why I'm looking at them right now! Thanks RoyalProtocol. It's amazing! Thanks for sahring!!!! Love them

PS: Very happy to find this web site. Didn't know it existed! how could I miss it for all these years!!!!!

:)

Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
The Danish Royal Wedding 2004

This is the Order of Service from the Marriage of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldson on the 14th May 2004 in Copenhagen Cathedral. HM Queen Elizabeth II was represented By TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex.
How so so incredible lucky you are RoyalProtocal how do you manage to get these order of services?
x

Old 06-08-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
How so so incredible lucky you are RoyalProtocal how do you manage to get these order of services?
x
I've been to some of the services, but most of them I wrote to the church/cathedral and asked them to send me a copy for a project I was doing for my Duke of Edinburgh's Award

God Save The Queen!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the very long delay, I finally have my scanner working.

The First order of service is HM The Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977. The Service was held in St Paul's Cathedral and was attended by most of the Royal Family. This is a scan of an actual Order of Service used at that service.

Most the orders of service have been collected a part of a project for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme, I hope you enjoy looking at them. If anyone would like to see some of the inside pages then do let me know, but please be patient as it takes quite a while to scan and post these images.

no copyright line present on the order of service

Hi, I'd love to know what the hymns were at the Silver Jubilee Service. Can you scan them or let me know? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM

The Golden Jubilee of HM The Queen 50th Cor Anniv

Quote:
The Golden Jubilee of HM The Queen

St Paul’s Cathedral, London on Tuesday 4th June 2002 in the Presence of Her Majesty The Queen and most of the Royal Family

If you would like details of any of the service including hymns etc. please ask and I will be happy to either scan the relevant pages of the service or type out the details requested.

Source: Scan of order of service held in private collection by myself no copywrite line present on the order of service

I would like to see the lyrics to the last stanza of the hymn, "Crown Him With Many Crowns." It's hard to understand.
Thank you.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAO View Post
I would like to see the lyrics to the last stanza of the hymn, "Crown Him With Many Crowns." It's hard to understand.
Thank you.
Crown Him with Many Crowns - HymnSite.com
Old 08-12-2014, 01:58 PM

The Golden Jubilee of HM The Queen

Thanks for the site, there are many sights, but the stanzas they sang were slightly diff from this one.
They sang stanza 1 completely.
The 2nd stanza they sang was “Crown him the Lord of Love,” but from the 5th line down the words were different, it continued with….. “No angel in the sky.”
http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/c/c396.html

The 3rd stanza sang was “Crown him the Lord of Peace”
The 4th stanza was “Crown him the Lord of Years” …and that’s where it getsdicey…after the 4th line you can’t really figure out what they were singing although one poster said it was
“Glassed in a sea of light, where everlasting waves reflect His throne, the Infinite, Who lives and loves and saves."
Hymn Page

This sounds great but the last line sounds like it ended with “throughout eternity.”
I’ll have to see an actual copy of the OOS to know for sure what were the lyrics of the 4th stanza that they were singing.
Thanks again.

Tags
ceremony, order of service, protocol