Order of the Garter, Ceremonies and Information 1: 2003 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The spouses, including the HRHs walked in a procession of their own after the Garter Knights

Last edited by a moderator:
The Order of the Garter Service 2008
16 June at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle

Prince William to be installed as a Knight of the Garter

Last edited:
It's been reported Kate Middleton is there for the cermony in St Georges chapel?
I thought those who either are members of the Garter, or about to become a member of the Garter can actually be in the chapel for the ceremony? It's been reported she is in the chapel with prince Harry according the Sky news.

The Garter is a very ancient order of chivalry so I believe medieval traditions are still at work here. I seriously doubt that a Knight of the Garter ever brought a lady to his souverains's attention on inviting her to join the ceremony who was neither his lady wife or his affianced lady. So if Catherine really is there she's going to be Princess William. No matter when but marrying her he will do. IMHO of course.

But I checked Sky's homepage and so far they are not reporting anything about Catherine being present.

The Garter Service is taking place now. There was some sound feed on SkyNews Active but no pictures from inside the Chapel, William walked down the hill with The Prince Of Wales, The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, Prince Edward, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are also present.

A photo opportunity with perhaps Kate will be on the steps as the RF leave St. George's Chapel at around 3.50 p.m. BST

As this thread is for the Garter Service and procession, could we please leave the Wills 'n Kate wedding speculation out of it.
Wedding speculation and posts asking rhetorical questions have been removed.

The pics will come soon enough, so please be patient.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Yes Kate was there, she was really enjoyed watching her Prince along with Prince Harry. Sophie is again opted for the satelite hat she wore last year at Ascot. The Duchess of Cornwall seemed to have worn the hat that she wore for the very first time to Royal Ascot 2005, with another outfit last year on 2nd day at Ascot, but this time not with the very grand brooch.

I am so glad to see all of the ladies plus Kate. Each time I type her name my post gets deleted. I do not understand why!!! Kate was a part of the event and I am not talking about marriage, wedding gown or dates for the any so called wedding. I am glad that she was there and it was so nice to see her standing with camilla. Thanks to all for the links to this event!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that I like this event and the people that went to the event. I do not think that I am allowed to say anything.

Damn i love so much this colorful parade....

-Camilla: traditional Valentine + Treacy coubination= timeless elegance.
-Sophie: Nice outfit but why why why the UFO attack again...
-Kate (oups excuse me: Catherine): not bad at all, pretty retro style, al little too dark perhaps..

Did Camilla attend the garter Ceremonies before 2005? If so are there any pictures?

Did Camilla attend the garter Ceremonies before 2005? If so are there any pictures?

I don't think so. AFAIK the only "girlfriend" that attended was Sarah Duchess of York the devorced ex-wife of The Duke of York who attended when he was invested last year (was it last year?) so Catherine's appearance seems to be a first. I noticed that the media reported on her being there but did not say anything about an upcoming engagement. Very suspicious. :D

Last edited:
Camilla : Love the colour, the style, everything. Just elegant.

Kate : Had it been in any other colour I'd love it but the black turns me off. Methinks her presence is significant so I think her outfit needed a bit more attention.

......... I noticed that the media reported on her being there but did not say anything about an upcoming engagement. Very suspicious. :D
I know, normally the press would be in speculation overdrive, so either they know something we don't or else they are sick and tired of getting it wrong :ROFLMAO:

And just to keep things on topic (sorry Warren :hiding:) here are some more photos:Fotobanka isifa image service

Kate : Had it been in any other colour I'd love it but the black turns me off.
Is it black or dark navy? Didn't she wear it before in Dublin?

Well...Prince William looked a bit uncomfortable in the robes. I have to agree with Nico noting that Countess of Wessex had a nice outfit. The satellite hat was not bad.

So we would see Will in similar trousers as the Duke of Edinburgh wear time to time with the Garter:D

Kate and Camilla dressed wonderfully!

Will Harry be a part of this ceremony in the next few years?

Love the Duchess of Gloucestershire's outfit although the ladies looked lovely. Didn't like Kate's dark outfit but lovely to see her there. Prince Phillip is starting to look very frail ever since he had that spell in hospital.

Stellad

Prince Phillip does look very frail, I hope that he is doing well.

It is wow royal family is elegant dress and first Prince William is Order of the Garter and he is see out happy. Duchess Camilla is very beautiful dress and Queen Elizabeth is see out good healt but his husband Prince Philip is very frail! He is 87 age and high age! Kate is beautiful dress and Prince Harry see out much happy.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom