Order of the Garter, Ceremonies and Information 1: 2003 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kind Felipe: Do the men doff their Order hats indoors? Or was this a choice? Not that it matters. It would equally be HM choice in case she has hat head and no chance to make adjustments before this photo was taken.

Ooh, can't believe Queen Maxima hasn't got a massive hat for the occasion but lovely photo ?

The photo is of Queen Letizia, not of Queen Maxima. Or maybe are you talking about a different photo ?

Re: Kind Felipe: Do the men doff their Order hats indoors? Or was this a choice? Not that it matters. It would equally be HM choice in case she has hat head and no chance to make adjustments before this photo was taken.

In the new photo that Tortilla Chips has just posted, King Willem Alexander is not wearing the hat either.

Wow, in these pictures, it looks like The Queen is standing between two redwood trees.

The plume hats are put on before the procession. They’re not on during the Investiture. Only The Queen wear hers during the Investiture.

This video gives us the only glimpse we’ve ever seen into the Order of the Garter Investiture. Filmed back in 1992 during the late PM, Sir Edward Heath, was being invested with his Garter-

Last edited:
This is the oath all new knights take. Source via College of St George

"To the honour of God omnipotent, and in memorial of the blessed martyr, St. George, tie about thy leg, for thy renown, this noble garter; wear it as a symbol of the most illustrious order, never to be forgotten or laid aside, that thereby thou may'st be admonished to be courageous; and having undertaken a just war, in which thou shalt be engaged, thou may'st stand firm, valiantly fight, and successfully conquer."

"Wear this ribband about thy neck, adorned with the image of the blessed martyr and soldier in Christ, St. George, by whose imitation provoked, thou may'st overpass both prosperous and adverse adventures that having stoutly vanquished thine enemies, both of body and soul, thou may'st not only receive the praise of this transient combat, but be crowned with the palm of eternal victory."

"Take this robe of crimson, to the increase of your honour, and in token and sign of the most noble Order you have received; wherewith you being defended, may be bold, not only strong to fight, but also to offer yourself to shed your blood for Christ's faith, the liberties of the church, and the just and necessary defense of them that are oppressed and needy."

"You being chosen to be one of the honourable company of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, shall promise and swear by the holy evangelists, by you here touched, that wittingly and willingly you shall not break any statute of the said Order, or any article in them contained, the same being agreeable and not repugnant to the will of God, and the laws of the realm, as far forth as to you belongeth and appertaineth, so help you God and his holy word."

"Receive this robe of heavenly colour, the livery of this most excellent order, in augmentation of thy honour, ennobled with the shield and red cross of our Lord, by whose power thou may'st safely pierce troops of thine enemies, and be over them ever victorious; and being in this temporal warfare glorious, in egregious and heroic actions, thou may'st obtain eternal and triumphant joy."

"Wear this collar about thy neck, adorned with the image of the Blessed martyr and soldier in Christ, St. George, by whose imitation provoked, thou may'st so o'erpass both prosperous and adverse encounters; that having stoutly vanquished thine enemies, both of body and soul, thou may'st not only receive of this transient combat, but be crowned with palms of eternal victory."

Both kings look splendid in their garter robes and for once outshine the consorts ;)

Both kings look splendid in their garter robes and for once outshine the consorts ;)

I do wonder if this is deliberate ? we all know how Queen Maxima can go full on - although she looks lovely, she is quite restrained at the moment ?

Live Coverage is now on, guys. Why does it take the foreign media to being us live Coverage of events like this? The British media and the royal website should be doing this.

I do wonder if this is deliberate ? we all know how Queen Maxima can go full on - although she looks lovely, she is quite restrained at the moment ?

Queen Maxima has put on a hat now.

Who is the lady that the Duchess of Gloucester introduced to Queen Letizia? (She is wearing a blue, light blue, yellow spotted dress)

The royal ladies all look great. Leti in conversation with Sophie, the Duchess of Gloucester and Zenouska Mowatt, Max in conversation with Kate and Camilla.

Who is the lady that the Duchess of Gloucester introduced to Queen Letizia? (She is wearing a blue, light blue, yellow spotted dress)

I believe it's Zenouska Mowatt, who I assume is there as Princess Alexandra's +1. She was on the balcony last week too.

I believe it's Zenouska Mowatt, who I assume is there as Princess Alexandra's +1. She was on the balcony last week too.

That is correct, Zenouska is Princess Alexandra's daughter.

Prince William is in the procession. I wonder why he wasn't in the picture.

EDIT: Who is with the Queen in the car ?

Last edited:
Prince William is in the procession. I wonder why he wasn't in the picture.

EDIT: Who is with the Queen in the car ?

Princess Alexandra?

It looked like Princess Alexandra.

It was Princess Alexandra who accompanied The Queen by car.

I think William was just left out the picture due to space. Everyone looked so crammed in the picture. I think it’s best to position everyone in the Hall lengthwise so you can fit everyone in.

Maxima is hands down the best dressed. She looks stunning.

That is correct, Zenouska is Princess Alexandra's daughter.
Minor correction as Zenouska Mowatt is Princess Alexandra's granddaughter. She is the daughter of Marina Ogilvy and her ex-husband Paul Mowatt.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom