Order of the Garter, Ceremonies and Information 1: 2003 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that Andrew and Edward both aren't attending. We shall just have to see who attends later.

:previous:
When starts the ceremony? And did any channel will broadcast to see online :flowers:

Perhaps Andrew or Edward are going to represent the Queen at the funeral of the SAudi Prince??

Is there a link to watch live online?

The ceremony isn't televised. We'll probably see some video of them going to and leaving St George's Chapel, but nothing from inside.

Sophie is there. Kate's in cream McQueen. You can see some slightly blurry shots here:

William and Catherine

Kate and Camilla definitely colour-coordinate their clothes. I mean, Trooping the Colour blue might have been coincidence, but today's cream (and nude shoes) just cannot be. :cool:
Love what all three ladies (Camilla, Kate and Sophie) are wearing, and the Duchess of Gloucester looks very nice too.

WOW! they all look very pretty. IMO one of the best outfits Kate has worn, it makes her look fuller, not so incredibly skinny. Good Job. Duchess of Cornwall and Countess look amazing also. All three really hit the right note.

What exactly did the DoCo say to the other two that put that expression on their faces lol.

:previous:
Thanks for the pictures :flowers:
The all look amazing :rose2:

Kate and Camilla ride back to Windsor Castle with Charles and William:

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall And Catherine Duchess Of

Just an off the wall observation here that may put some previous discussions into perspective. Here we see Camilla and Kate seated facing forwards in the carriage while their husbands face the rear. The chivalrous thing for Knights to do I think. :D

Why has Harry not yet been named a knight of the garter? Surely his service in Afganistan would qualify, in addition to his own charities. I also wonder why he doesn't ride in the trooping the color?

Why has Harry not yet been named a knight of the garter? Surely his service in Afganistan would qualify, in addition to his own charities. I also wonder why he doesn't ride in the trooping the color?

There may be various reasons.
- His service in Afghanistan and charities, while highly commendable, doesn't automatically earn him the right to be invested as Knight of the Garter.
- Harry is still too young. While Prince Charles and Prince William both got the honour when they were of similar age, they are future Kings; Harry is not.
- The Queen may deliberately not want to invest Prince Harry, so that when time comes, King Charles has the chance to bestow the honour on at least one of his sons.

I understand that Queen Margrethe is a member of the Order of the Garter. Does she ever attend the annual ceremonies? Is there a picture of her today that I've missed? :flowers:

QMII, like most European monarchs in a member of the order but they rarely if ever attend. I think the last time she and the others attended was at the Golden Jubilee year when QEII hosted a party at Windsor for European monarchs. A few also stayed on the attend Ascot.

I'd love to have been standing behind Camilla to find out what she said that so shocked and amused Kate and Sophie!

All 3 are wearing nude pumps. Do you think that was a coordinated effort just to piss Liz Jones and the DM off? I hope so.

ooooh gossip lol. What did the DM say and who is Liz Jones?

Wow, I know that Prince Philip is 91 but in the last 6 months, I can rally see him age. I really worry about QEII when something happens to him. He is such a rock for the entire family. I really wish him another 10 years of health!!!

How long a walk is that HM and the DOE have to take before the service? If it is a long walk, could they have ridden in carriage instead of walk?

Is it hot there today?

ooooh gossip lol. What did the DM say and who is Liz Jones?
Liz Jones is a writer for Daily Mail. She is known for her catty fashion pieces, highly embarrassing stories about herself, and dubious sense of style which she nevertheless feels compelled to impose on others.

She recently came up with a "wonderful" piece of journalism titled: "Does Kate only own ONE pair of shoes?", the shoes in question being Kate's favourite nude LK Bennett courts. Since all three royal ladies (Camilla, Kate and Sophie) opted for nude heels, it's quite fun to think it's their way of saying "Eat it, Liz".

Ha! Love it! Let's hope that is exactly what went down. I hope those expressions on Kate and Sophie's face is the Duchess saying a few choice words about Liz lmao.

Nice to see Viscount Linley's son being one of the carriers of the train for the Queen or Duke of Edinburgh - last year it was one of the Lady Sarah Chattos boys

I believe she has 2 page boys this year - Arthur Chatto and Charles Armstrong-Jones

Ha! Love it! Let's hope that is exactly what went down. I hope those expressions on Kate and Sophie's face is the Duchess saying a few choice words about Liz lmao.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall if that went down :ROFLMAO:. Though I have a feeling that the Duchess has a wicked sense of humor and would be able to come up with a few great one-liners about that 'reporter'.

Liz Jones is a writer for Daily Mail. She is known for her catty fashion pieces, highly embarrassing stories about herself, and dubious sense of style which she nevertheless feels compelled to impose on others.

She recently came up with a "wonderful" piece of journalism titled: "Does Kate only own ONE pair of shoes?", the shoes in question being Kate's favourite nude LK Bennett courts. Since all three royal ladies (Camilla, Kate and Sophie) opted for nude heels, it's quite fun to think it's their way of saying "Eat it, Liz".

You could say that Liz Jones was the DM's original Samantha Brick; certainly Liz would give her a run for her money in the delusion stakes.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall if that went down :ROFLMAO:. Though I have a feeling that the Duchess has a wicked sense of humor and would be able to come up with a few great one-liners about that 'reporter'.

I'd like to be the fly on the wall when Camilla and Philip get together. Can you imagine those two working in tandem? :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom