The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Prince Philip and Royal family attends the Order of the Garter 2016-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Your York/Wessex, Wales/Cornwall and Princess Royal are all Kate and William You seem to have used the Cambridge departing picture for the next three. Appreciate the pics though, but may want to fix that.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Your York/Wessex, Wales/Cornwall and Princess Royal are all Kate and William You seem to have used the Cambridge departing picture for the next three. Appreciate the pics though, but may want to fix that.
They work just fine for me.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I have tried numerous times, and the link works, but every time I am looking at a picture of Kate waving out the window of a car
Old 06-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You should see this status with four pictures to click on;
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRoyalE...67433059618816
Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Why didn´t they do the procession? There was no rain at all! A bit cloudy but still sunny...?!
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...garter%20event
Old 06-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Why didn´t they do the procession? There was no rain at all! A bit cloudy but still sunny...?!
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...garter%20event
It was raining very hard on and off appearantly. And considering the value of those robes and the age of most of the wearers it seems like it must have been the best decision. Considering it was the first time sims 71 they had to do it they have either had really good luck or dont take the decision lightly.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Order of the Garter Service at St Georges Chapel Windsor

Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures And Photos | Getty Images

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 06-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
It was raining very hard on and off appearantly. And considering the value of those robes and the age of most of the wearers it seems like it must have been the best decision. Considering it was the first time sims 71 they had to do it they have either had really good luck or dont take the decision lightly.
I agree. They would have had to plan ahead to coordinate. They looked at the weather report saying rain and decided it best to drive. Thinking of how sick Philip got after the jubilee because of bad weather, I am sure the cars were a good decision for many of the older members. Not to mention the gorgeous and old robes.

There are currently 23 regular members, maximum is 24. That doesn't include the queen, POW and royal knights. The ages range among the 23 from the 64 year old Duke of Westminster up to the 97 year old Lord Carrington. Including the royal knights, queen and POW there are 33 (not including the foreign royals): 6 are in their 90's, 9 are in their 80's (Alexandra will soon make it 10), 8 are in their 70's, 7 are in their 60's, and then we have Andrew and Edward in their 50's and Will in his 30's. Not to mention the officers, some of whom are not full members. The bishop of Winchester is 58, Dean of Windsor is 69, Thomas Woodcock is 65 (king of arms), Patrick Dickinson (secretary) is almost 66 and David Leakey (gentleman usher of the black rod) is 64. The Chancellor is also a full member, Lord Abercom.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree. They would have had to plan ahead to coordinate. They looked at the weather report saying rain and decided it best to drive. Thinking of how sick Philip got after the jubilee because of bad weather, I am sure the cars were a good decision for many of the older members. Not to mention the gorgeous and old robes.
Probably the only way to insure that Philip didn't walk was to say that all of the procession was cancelled. He is known to be a tad stubborn
Old 06-13-2016, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

He isn't the oldest one in the bunch, Lord Carriington has a good 2 years over him. I could see Philip saying 'if he can do it, so can I'
Old 06-14-2016, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The decision was made to call the walk down about 11 am. I arrived at Windsor around 10 and after some shopping I joined the queue around 11 and almost immediately we were told that the decision had been made.

I was in place by about 12 and from then until I left at 4.30 it rained on and off all the time. At the exact time of the arrival of the knights it was fine but 10 minutes or so earlier it was raining.

The other thing, besides the knights cloaks etc is that the soldiera etc didn't take ip their normal positions and the bands didn't play as a result of the rain.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I think HM and Pr Philip could have gone by car anyway, no matter rainy or sunny, like the Queen Mother did the last times she attended the ceremony, while everybody else walked in the procession!

Zimbio:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/xphhz...Garter+Service
Old 06-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's a pity that the procession was unable to be held yesterday, but the reasons for calling it off are totally understandable. I didn't realise that it's the first time since it had been called off since 1971, though - that's a long time, thankfully!

It was still nice that the royals still got to attend for part of it, though. They have been very busy over the past week.

Quote:
Yes, the weather was like that here were I am (in Greater London) as well. Yesterday and today we had very bad rain. We've been having regular bouts of thunderstorms, too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

The CC does not list Camilla as haven't attended.

Tags
ceremony, investiture, knights of the garter, order of the garter, prince george's chapel, windsor