Old 06-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Gentry

I hope one of the pages didn't faint

Old 06-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Majesty

The Order of the Garter 2014| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

Old 06-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, William could wear that outfit once a week. Sorry Kate.
Love the pictures of William and Kate. And William and Kate and Charles.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Majesty

I love the pivs with Kate and Charles too!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

I see page of honour Viscount Aithrie is back at his post again...!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Splendid photo's,the Order of the Garter Service is one of my favourites.

From the BBC

BBC News - Order of the Garter ceremony held at Windsor Castle
Old 06-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looks like some of the Garter Robes have gone through some patch work.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Is Camilla ill?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Is Camilla ill?
Yeah, she's suffering from a cold at the moment.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Here's another gallery of today's ceremony:

** ppe gallery **
Old 06-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Apparently each of the collars (the chain-type thing worn around the shoulders) are made of pure gold and have been valued at £250k (US$425k) each! No wonder they have to be given back when each member dies!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if we'll see the Cambridge's attending Royal Ascot for the first time this week?

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Gentry

I was there today, was right at the front and William smiled at me! Got butterflies and shivered all over
Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, she's suffering from a cold at the moment.

Thought I read the cold turned into Sinusitis. If so, she has my sympathies. I've never had it, but have had beyond full sinuses to put pressure on them to cause some pain and discomfort. I don't even want to imagine what full blown Sinusitis is like to have. Hope she's feeling better very soon.

Sigh...This is one of my very favourite times of year. We get almost daily official Royal sightings starting Saturday and TtC right through Ascot. It's also one of those rare times when we have chances to see Her Majesty let her guard down as she enjoys one of her great loves and passions, horse racing. Can't wait for the rest of the week and all the pictures.

Loved Kate's outfit today and even liked the hat. Her hats can be very hit and miss for me, but this one's a hit IMO.

Then there's Sophie...I hated that feather thing when she wore it last Summer and that hasn't changed. The real shame is that if that dumb thing was gone, I think it would be a great outfit for her. Proof that sometimes one thing is all it takes to ruin an outfit.

As for the rest of the Royals...Hard to go wrong w/those Garter Robes. They really are gorgeous.

I think of all the pictures, my favourite from the ones I've seen is the one of Kate and Charles in the Carriage. You can clearly see in that one both enjoys each other's company and IMO, the look Charles is giving Kate in the one picture, says it all about their relationship. :)

Oh and I would be prepared to swear on a Bible that HM has new glasses. Of course I could be wrong, but in some of those close ups, the glasses look different from what I've seen HM wear the last few years.

What a lovely day at Windsor!! :)
Old 06-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I liked that Kate sat next to her father in Law instead of Charles sitting by himself for the drive back up to the castle.
Ah, but it is the gentlemanly thing to do. As senior royal in the carriage he and Camilla (had she been there) would take the seat facing forward and William and Catherine would sit facing them going backwards.

Now if precidence was followed William would have joined his father but, courtesy and love dictated Catherine got the best seat and William sat on his own facing backward.

Same for the Wessexes, only in this case a solo senior Andrew took the backward seat and allowed Edward and Sophie to sit together facing forward.

However, the rules are more flexible for something like Ascot.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Yes, William could wear that outfit once a week. Sorry Kate.
The robes, or the morning suit that he appears to have underneath? In any case, he looks great in both . Will and Kate look cute together pretty much always, so it's a delight to see them together, especially at events like these. Charles is fond of his daughter-in-law, and she more than likely returns the sentiments, so seeing them together makes me smile as well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There is just something so appealing to me when it comes to this week. With Trooping the Color, The Order of the Garter ceremony and Ascot Week. Although perhaps the very best week for all us royal watchers and fashionistas, to me, my thoughts drift back in history and think of how much the same these events have stayed over such a long span of British history. The direct line of knights dating back to the 14th century blows my mind. The traditions remain, the clothing (although somewhat modified over the years) remain the same and its importance hasn't diminished with the passing time.

I think this is what would be the worst effect of ousting the monarchy for a republic. It would be such a sad loss to lose all that has remained steadfast through history until now and gives the people of the UK a national identity.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The robes, or the morning suit that he appears to have underneath? In any case, he looks great in both . Will and Kate look cute together pretty much always, so it's a delight to see them together, especially at events like these. Charles is fond of his daughter-in-law, and she more than likely returns the sentiments, so seeing them together makes me smile as well.
The robes of course. And the feathered hat.
And I know another person I would love to see take part in these ceremonies, but that's not for this thread.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Yes, William could wear that outfit once a week. Sorry Kate. :big grin:
Same here. There were a couple of pictures showing William looking over to Kate as he walked by. Something very charming about it - as well as all three of them in the same carriage. They should do that more often. Nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Ah, but it is the gentlemanly thing to do. As senior royal in the carriage he and Camilla (had she been there) would take the seat facing forward and William and Catherine would sit facing them going backwards.

Now if precidence was followed William would have joined his father but, courtesy and love dictated Catherine got the best seat and William sat on his own facing backward.

Same for the Wessexes, only in this case a solo senior Andrew took the backward seat and allowed Edward and Sophie to sit together facing forward.

However, the rules are more flexible for something like Ascot.
Thank you for this explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Loved Kate's outfit today and even liked the hat. Her hats can be very hit and miss for me, but this one's a hit IMO.

I think of all the pictures, my favourite from the ones I've seen is the one of Kate and Charles in the Carriage. You can clearly see in that one both enjoys each other's company and IMO, the look Charles is giving Kate in the one picture, says it all about their relationship. :)

What a lovely day at Windsor!! :)
I agree. Kate has scored another 10 with her ensemble imo.

Agree about Charles and Kate. Very pleasant to see.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I hated that dress on Sophie last year at the Coronation Festival Concert and I hate it again this year. I think it would be nice without the feather addition.
I am not a huge fan of the feather neck thing either EXCEPT - it is a modern take on a starched ruff collar and whatever feather that it (emu?) it is a lot like the feathers on the KOG hats. Given this, I can understand why Sopie wore it. Love her hat!

Tags
ceremony, investiture, knights of the garter, order of the garter, prince george's chapel, windsor