Order of the Garter, Ceremonies and Information 1: 2003 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like the Duke of Wellington took quite the tumble on the chapel stairs. Hope he's okay!

Sophie looked very stylish and on-trend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor attended the ceremony as well,
I hadn't noticed that so far!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

1729 Royal Order of the Garter Crest

Was the Royal Order of the Garter crest on common documents? I have a marriage certificate that bears the crest. Dated Sept 20, 1729
Please respond via email.
(refer 'Contact info' in the profile page).

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin Firth as George R VI in Garter Star and Sash

At this link is a great photo of Firth in uniform wearing the Garter Star and sash (as was correct then, a lighter blue than today's Garter Sash) and many other medals/decorations. According to the article, the filmmakers went to great lengths to be sure the uniform was correct in every way.

Read more: The King's Speech: The making of a very British smash hit | Mail Online

This years Order of the Garter Ceromony is currently taking place. Naturally, all eyes will be on the Duchess of Cambridge, but I am interested to see what all the Royal women are wearing.

First images are now available: GettyImages

what 's the next event for them

The couple attended The Order Of The Garter Service

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge arrives for the Garter Service at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle on June 13, 2011 in Windsor, England. The Order of the Garter is the senior and oldest British Order of Chivalry, founded by Edward III in 1348. Membership in the order is limited to the sovereign, the Prince of Wales, and no more than twenty-four members

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Lots more pictures in the GettyImages gallery. Catherine looks lovely, as does Sophie (and she's smiling, unlike yesterday.)

awww Catherine looks gorgeous...but wasn't she in the same carriage with William? I can see just Camilla with her

The members of the Garter arrive separately to guests I believe.

Lots more pictures in the GettyImages gallery. Catherine looks lovely, as does Sophie (and she's smiling, unlike yesterday.)

Yes, everyone looks great :)
I can't wait to see more pictures and some videos too ;)
And about Sophie ,I think maybe the yesterday's weather (raining...) have a influence on her mood :) IMO

awww Catherine looks gorgeous...but wasn't she in the same carriage with William? I can see just Camilla with her

I imagine William was beside her as you can see Camilla is opposite. (I am guessing this because Sophie was beside Edward.) I am sure we'll see an image of them side by side at some point.

Yes, everyone looks great :)
I can't wait to see more pictures and some videos too ;)
And about Sophie ,I think maybe the yesterday's weather (raining...) have a influence on her mood :) IMO

Perhaps! :D

William and Charles were in the same carriage as Camilla and Kate.

Camilla looks lovely as well - she has recyled a coat dress she first wore at Ascot (in 2006 or 2007?) and then again at the ToC the following year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo, QueenRachel.

I really like Camilla's hat.

Kate looks very excited in the pictures. Not sure about Camilla's yellow coat. Was Prince Harry also there?

No, Prince Harry didn't attend.

I love seeing the family chat with one another, especially if they are seen laughing. Always fun to see. I like Catherine's satorial choice today, Camilla's however...it suits her, as does the hat, but I am not sure on the colour.

I wish we had a fullshot of Sophie's outfit. I love her fascinator, even if it is a repeart of 2009's Garter Service.

The Duchess of Cambridge was all smiles today as she took part in the Garter Day celebrations.

Despite her heavy schedule of late, Catherine remained bright and fresh-faced as she showed off her third hat in as many days.

Waving from a carriage at Windsor Castle, the radiant newlywed wore a Philip Treacy head piece, matched with a light blue-grey dress and matching coat.

Read more: Another day, another hat...Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William take part in Garter Day celebrations | Mail Online

----------------

I echo the sentiments that Andrew has looked a bit glum as of late.

I can hardly believe that she really laughed about him - he's
94 and it's embarrassing for him, so I could imagine that it's
been a more automatical smile..

Here's a nice pic of Sophie, Countess of Wessex

And the gettyimages/zimbio gallery:

** Royals Attend Order Of The Garter Service **

** ppe gallery **

I agree...he's up there in years and my first reaction would have been one of concern...but maybe HM was simply embarrassed and that's where the laugh was coming from.

He looked really confused. Poor old fellow. :ermm:

I love, LOVE the DoC's entire outfit and look...STUNNING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom