The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Odd that Andrew and Edward both aren't attending. We shall just have to see who attends later.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Odd that Andrew and Edward both aren't attending. We shall just have to see who attends later.

When starts the ceremony? And did any channel will broadcast to see online

Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps Andrew or Edward are going to represent the Queen at the funeral of the SAudi Prince??

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Is there a link to watch live online?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

The ceremony isn't televised. We'll probably see some video of them going to and leaving St George's Chapel, but nothing from inside.

Sophie is there. Kate's in cream McQueen. You can see some slightly blurry shots here:

William and Catherine
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie looks amazing, lovely outfit and amazing hat

Sophie,Kate and Camilla 2 3 4
Old 06-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate and Camilla ride back to Windsor Castle with Charles and William:

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall And Catherine Duchess Of

An open carriage today for the Queen and DoE. The Queen is also wearing her most stunning ruby earrings:

Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Charles, William, Andrew and Edward:

Prince Andrew Duke Of York Prince Edward Earl Of Wessex

Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester:

Princess Anne Princess Royal And Prince Richard Duke Of
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate and Camilla definitely colour-coordinate their clothes. I mean, Trooping the Colour blue might have been coincidence, but today's cream (and nude shoes) just cannot be.
Love what all three ladies (Camilla, Kate and Sophie) are wearing, and the Duchess of Gloucester looks very nice too.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cream of the crop! Duchess of Cambridge is chic in ivory coat-dress as she joins Royals for Order of the Garter service at Windsor | Mail Online
Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

WOW! they all look very pretty. IMO one of the best outfits Kate has worn, it makes her look fuller, not so incredibly skinny. Good Job. Duchess of Cornwall and Countess look amazing also. All three really hit the right note.

What exactly did the DoCo say to the other two that put that expression on their faces lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Great pictures from the DM

Cream of the crop! Duchess of Cambridge is chic in ivory coat-dress as she joins Royals for Order of the Garter service at Windsor | Mail Online

Camilla apparently in a pink coat and the biggest "pink" jewel I've ever seen. So lovely

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pictures
The all look amazing
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Kate and Camilla ride back to Windsor Castle with Charles and William:

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall And Catherine Duchess Of
Just an off the wall observation here that may put some previous discussions into perspective. Here we see Camilla and Kate seated facing forwards in the carriage while their husbands face the rear. The chivalrous thing for Knights to do I think.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Duchess Kate: Order of Garter Service with Queen Elizabeth! | Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, Kate Middleton, Prince Philip, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth, Sophie Countess of Wessex : Just Jared

BelgaPicture - Category details

Hello: Proud Kate watches her Prince take part in Order of the Garter procession
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Gentry

Why has Harry not yet been named a knight of the garter? Surely his service in Afganistan would qualify, in addition to his own charities. I also wonder why he doesn't ride in the trooping the color?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
Why has Harry not yet been named a knight of the garter? Surely his service in Afganistan would qualify, in addition to his own charities. I also wonder why he doesn't ride in the trooping the color?
There may be various reasons.
- His service in Afghanistan and charities, while highly commendable, doesn't automatically earn him the right to be invested as Knight of the Garter.
- Harry is still too young. While Prince Charles and Prince William both got the honour when they were of similar age, they are future Kings; Harry is not.
- The Queen may deliberately not want to invest Prince Harry, so that when time comes, King Charles has the chance to bestow the honour on at least one of his sons.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Nobility

I understand that Queen Margrethe is a member of the Order of the Garter. Does she ever attend the annual ceremonies? Is there a picture of her today that I've missed?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

QMII, like most European monarchs in a member of the order but they rarely if ever attend. I think the last time she and the others attended was at the Golden Jubilee year when QEII hosted a party at Windsor for European monarchs. A few also stayed on the attend Ascot.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to have been standing behind Camilla to find out what she said that so shocked and amused Kate and Sophie!

All 3 are wearing nude pumps. Do you think that was a coordinated effort just to piss Liz Jones and the DM off? I hope so.

Tags
ceremony, investiture, knights of the garter, order of the garter, prince george's chapel, windsor