Order of the Garter, Ceremonies and Information 1: 2003 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much the carriage ride, it's the standing about.

Interestingly, other than the Duke of Kent, none of the royals have attendance at the garter service on their diary...not even HM. I remember reading somewhere that church services are not considered "appearances". I think we will just have to see who turns up.

As they are installing a new Knight, HMQ is definitely going to be there as will all BRF members IMO

As they are installing a new Knight, HMQ is definitely going to be there as will all BRF members IMO

Oh I agree! My point was that since Catherine's presence hasn't been announced as attending is not a reason to assume she is not planning on being there.

The royals will be there at the Garter service. Catherine may not though. Staff that's in charge of updating the site, not always with it.

Although one may tire more easily in the last stages of pregnancy, most women have sufficient energy to do almost anything they want within reason- attend weddings or bar mitzvahs, dine out, even attend grand occasions. A young and fit person such as Catherine is unlikely to lie wanly on her divan, eating peeled grapes. I think it's likely that she will be able to attend both of the ceremonies. As long as she has a place to sit nearby and a bathroom at hand, she should be okay. I was ten years older than she when I was pregnant, and in the week before I gave birth, I attended a gallery opening, shopped for, cooked and served a dinner party, and took a long walk in the woods. I later realized that I didn't plead pregnancy often enough- it's the one time in life when people cut you a break automatically.

Interestingly, other than the Duke of Kent, none of the royals have attendance at the garter service on their diary...not even HM. I remember reading somewhere that church services are not considered "appearances". I think we will just have to see who turns up.

Some church services, such as the Garter Service, are definitely appearances and engagements e.g. the Coronation Service was listed in the CC for more than 20 members of the royal family.

In my count - I count things like that - but not 'Divine Service' at Balmoral or Sandringham - the only places they are that the service is listed that way.

Did Princess Alexandra attend this year's Garter Service? I wonder if she is keeping well with her "pains"..

Did Princess Alexandra attend this year's Garter Service? I wonder if she is keeping well with her "pains"..

As she didn't attend the Coronation Service (the only one of the royals who didn't attend) I doubt that she would attend this either. My understanding is that she has cancelled all appearances for June.

If Kate doesn't go to the garter service, the queen can travel back to the castle with William, Charles and Camilla.

the ceremony is today?

Yes, the procession down to the chapel starts around 3pm, I believe.

Last edited:
TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 6m
Her Majesty The Queen processes to St George's Chapel accompanied by The Prince of Wales and Duke of… http://instagram.com/p/aqY3ZOuBQr/

Very nice that Charles & William accompanied The Queen down the procession.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
Among the royal ladies here are the Duchess of Cornwall, Countess of Wessex, Viscountess Linley, Lady Helen Windsor, and Sarah Chatto.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 6m
The Queen's great nephews, Charles Armstrong-Jones, 13, and Arthur Chatto, 14, are her pages of honour today. Princess Margaret's grandsons

Last edited:
Only found pictures of the Garter procession so far, none of Camilla or Sophie.

The Queen had William and Charles to either side, which was lovely. :)

Garter Service + Garter Service

the daily mail had picture of camilla, not sophie or kate

Camilla and Sophie are both in shades of blue - Camilla in a very bright blue and Sophie has her Jubilee Service navy dress on, with what is an interesting hat.

I love that William and Charles walked beside the Queen. :) Three Monarchs together.

the daily mail had picture of camilla, not sophie or kate

Catherine wasn't present for today's Garter Service.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 6m
The Queen's great nephews, Charles Armstrong-Jones, 13, and Arthur Chatto, 14, are her pages of honour today. Princess Margaret's grandsons

And here are Charles and Arthur: http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/170747735-prince-charles-prince-of-wales-queen-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTlvBXY2NfSMuARSrlXctRvOixR4HlRki7njm5gvJ9q%2b%2ffJ5%2f5tAKwGctCozMESpQA%3d%3d

Notice the red heels on the pages' shoes! Cool stuff.

Camilla, Sophie and (I think) Birgitte (DOC, COW and DOG respectively) can be seen in this photo:
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/17...3gII3jClqXEEqFzMrYmLe3u7uC/zzzFMVo0hpOI1hSA==

And singles of the Duchess and Countess:
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...bers-of-the-royal-family-news-photo/170747873
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...ins-members-of-the-royal-news-photo/170747857

Finally - I cannot find that William-sticking-out-tongue on twitter. I'll believe it when I see it. He could very well have been trying to dislodge a bit of beef stuck between his teeth. ;)

Last edited:
William licks his lips a lot because they are usually dry. I don't think he did that on purpose, if true.

Camilla and Sophie are both in shades of blue - Camilla in a very bright blue and Sophie has her Jubilee Service navy dress on, with what is an interesting hat.

I love that William and Charles walked beside the Queen. :) Three Monarchs together.

Catherine wasn't present for today's Garter Service.

I like the idea that HM, the PoW and DoC were together today. Sophie and Camilla look lovely in their shades of blue.

I love that as well! I can't wait for a photo of 4 monarchs when we have these 3 and little Baby Cambridge in William's arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom