The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Gentry

Hi because of the fact that the Sovereign's siblings have a place on the Order of Precedence, I was wondering if in the event that Diana had gone on to have more children would these individuals have a place the Order of Precedence during the reign of their sibling William V?

Old 02-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I wouldn't think they would. Any children Diana may have had after her divorce from Charles would not be royal nor would they be in the line of succession to the throne. They may be half siblings to William and Harry but other than that, they would have absolutely no ties to the House of Windsor whatsoever.

If anything, they would be extended family to William V on his mother's side from a different marriage and therefore have no place in the order of precedence whatsoever.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I wouldn't think they would. Any children Diana may have had after her divorce from Charles would not be royal nor would they be in the line of succession to the throne. They may be half siblings to William and Harry but other than that, they would have absolutely no ties to the House of Windsor whatsoever.

If anything, they would be extended family to William V on his mother's side from a different marriage and therefore have no place in the order of precedence whatsoever.
That is right. Similarly, Camilla's children do not and will not have a place on the OofP.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 AM
Gentry

Thank you for your swift response, this probably has been asked before, but was Diana on the Order of Precedence after the divorce?

Tags
order of precedence, protocol