Opening of Flanders Fields Memorial Garden: November 6, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cepe

Majesty
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
On Thursday 6th November it is the official opening of The Flanders Fields Memorial Garden at The Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks. The ceremony will begin at 11.30am and will be attended by members of both the British and Belgian Royal Families.

Members of the public will be able to watch the ceremony via a big screen in St James's Park, opposite the Barracks.

Thanks for the information, my friend.

The Royal Diary - future engagements
6th November 2014
Q.jpg

The Queen

accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Cambridge, will open the new Flanders Memorial Garden at the Guards' Chapel, Wellington Barracks, Birdcage Walk, London SW1.

Thanks you.

The Queen, Prince Philip and Duke of Cambridge are attending. Still waiting on info re Belgian Royal Family.

Martin @CourtierUK · 33m 33 minutes ago
Plans for a big screen in St James's Park next Saturday for The Queen (and others) opening new Flanders memorial garden have been cancelled.

Martin @CourtierUK · 32m 32 minutes ago
Organisers put it down to “unexpected operational difficulties” - The Queen, Prince Philip & William are due to attend, with Belgian royals.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 15m 15 minutes ago
The Queen will be joined by the King of the Belgians and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg next Thursday at the opening of the Flanders memorial.

You are wright, my mistake :)
On the agenda of the Belgian Royal Palace is written, only King Philippe will attend.

I wished they'd shown a picture of Harry

Hopefully you are joking because there are twice as many Harry photos in that DM article than photos of the Queen :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Video:
The Queen has opened the new Flanders Memorial Garden accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of Cambridge and the King of Belgium and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. The Flanders' Fields Memorial Garden has been created with soil taken from the 70 battlefields and FWW Commonwealth War Grave Cemeteries in Flanders where so many millions had died in the Great War-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen has opened the new Flanders Memorial Garden accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of Cambridge and the King of Belgium and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. The Flanders' Fields Memorial Garden has been created with soil taken from the 70 battlefields and FWW Commonwealth War Grave Cemeteries in Flanders where so many millions had died in the Great War-

Home - ITNSource News

Once again, Prince William attends a major royal event while his father has other commitments. When it happens that often, it cannot be mere coincidence.

It seems that William is one of the point people for the WWI remembrance events with this and the trip to Belgium earlier. The Field of Flanders was a Guards event so not only is William a member of the Blues and Royal regiment. He is also colonel of the Irish Guards.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom