Official Visit from the King and Queen of Norway: October 25-26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smilla said:
Does anybody know what was going on at this big "group hug" scene? Wasn't this supposed to be an official function? Why, pray, can we see Haakoon and Mette-Marit kissing passionately instead of looking dignified? (Oh, lovely, how long have they been married? And they are still in love? You know, they're really sweet, those two.)

I don't think they were locked in a passionate kiss. I think they were giving each other a kiss on each cheek.

Ennyllorac said:
I don't think they were locked in a passionate kiss. I think they were giving each other a kiss on each cheek.

Yeah, they were all kissing each others' cheeks - but why? As a greeting? That would have been strange, given the fact that MM and Haakoon arrived together. Strange.

It was when they arrived and all the norwegian royals greeted eachother

Here are the first pictures from tonight recpetion for thos who worked on the visit
A selection from colourpress, there are at the moment mostly headshots of Mette-Marit so I wont post all of them as they are so similar

Attachments

• COLOUR10364872.jpg
    COLOUR10364872.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 257
  • COLOUR10364874.jpg
    COLOUR10364874.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 322
  • COLOUR10364878.jpg
    COLOUR10364878.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,183
  • COLOUR10364880.jpg
    COLOUR10364880.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 276
  • COLOUR10364881.jpg
    COLOUR10364881.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 200
  • COLOUR10364875.jpg
    COLOUR10364875.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 335
  • COLOUR10364871.jpg
    COLOUR10364871.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 203
Thank you again LaMinka, Cecca, and Larzen for the wonderful pictures. I haven't seen this many pictures of the state visit anywhere else. Mette-Marit was gorgeous throughout the entire tour.

I would like to take this chance to say "thank you" to everyone who posted pictures of this visit.

I have enjoyed seeing the Norwegian Royals with my own Royal family.

Kinda sad it is all over now, but at least Mette-Marit can get home and put her feet up.

All I can hope for is one day in the future the Danish Royal family will come to the UK, I would love to see Mary and Frederik like I have Mette-Marit and Haakon this week.

BTW, was Princess Ingrid in the UK or did she stay back in Norway?

Agree

I agree with the preceding speakers!

Last edited:
I see Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja wearing their outfits of the same color, it seems like turquoise blue. And in the gala dinner, they used white dresses. Is it coincidence, or a "diplomatic rule" to match the colors?

Re:

It used to be that guests recieved a card with the colours HM would be wearing so that they could avoid them much to the horror of several guests who had only packed clothes of a certain colour and then discovered the Queen was also only wearing that colour for their stay.

They must have relaxed the rule.

I love the colour on MM , she's glowing :)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
and a few more from Colourpress

thank you so much, humera.. keep the colourpress pictures come, please...
it's lovely to see photos without those watermark. thanks..

You're welcome.
Pictures from UK from last night's gala.
I just noticed the fish-tail detail on Mette-Marit's gown. Its very pretty.

Attachments

• Norway_visit_UK_112-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_112-UKP.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Norway_visit_UK_136-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_136-UKP.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Norway_visit_UK_127-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_127-UKP.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Norway_visit_UK_120-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_120-UKP.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Norway_visit_UK_126-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_126-UKP.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Norway_visit_UK_118-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_118-UKP.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Norway_visit_UK_134-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_134-UKP.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Norway_visit_UK_131-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_131-UKP.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 183
i read all posts looks FAB!

M-M looks greats and her outfits looks very fab! and also greens,pinks she very pregnant Princess but let her easily on trips they wont getting water broke on trips like that!

the two Queens have two blue outfits and both looks greats and hats looks different and HM Queen Elizabeth II and HM Sonja both been good friends i know both good friend with the Queens and late HM Queen Mother been good friend with late King Olav for long time.

but i dont like Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's tiara looks so huge! and her outfits looks sucks like black dress not my styles!

Sara Boyce

Her Majesty the Queen seems to be very fond of HRH the Crown Princess. Quite lovely.

"MII"

sara1981 said:
i
but i dont like Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's tiara looks so huge! and her outfits looks sucks like black dress not my styles!

Sara Boyce

I totally agree with you, Sara.

Princess Astrid looks so good for her age, she is practically glowing :)

CP Mette-Marit looked gorgeous throughout the visit. Such a beautiful woman at any rate, and positively glowing in a series of very well-chosen ensembles. Not one misstep out of the lot. She was especially magnificent at the Guildhall banquet - breathtaking! She and CP Hakon are a lovely couple and seem to be very much in love. Good for them!

It's a disappointment this visit is over, as it's been wonderful to see pictures of all the Royals turned out so well. HM the Queens, the Duchess of Gloucester, and of course, the Duchess of Cornwall in her stunning debut. Bravo to all, and glad we had the opportunity to eavesdrop a little on the proceedings. My only complaint - no pictures of the Countess of Wessex. Would love to have seen her.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/10/28/mettemarit/

Norwegian royals bid fond farewell to Britain

28 OCTOBER 2005
The Norwegian royal family's three-day visit to the UK came to an end on Thursday when Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Mette-Marit met up with the Queen and Prince Philip for an unveiling ceremony in London. King Harald also went along to the Norwegian ambassador's residence to see a new statue of his grandmother, Queen Maud, being presented.
Both families seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the get-together, joking and chatting warmly among themselves as the press snapped their photos. The two queens might have been forgiven for feeling a little disconcerted upon their arrival, as they were wearing strikingly similar turquoise outfits, but that did nothing to put a dampener on proceedings.
(...)

Pics from Hello:

Mette-Marit curtseys to the Queen upon her arrival at the Norwegian ambassador's residence. The pretty 32-year-old, who is expecting her second child with Haakon next month, has been the centre of attention throughout the three-day visit - Photo: © Rex
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/10/28/mettemarit/imgs/mette-marit-dop1a.jpg

Queen Sonja, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Astrid, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and the Norwegian ambassador watch the unveiling. Maud, King Haakon VII's wife, was Norway's first queen after independence - Photo: © Empics
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/10/28/mettemarit/imgs/mette-marit-dop2a.jpg

The crown princess was looking radiant on Thursday - Photo: © Getty Images
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/10/28/mettemarit/imgs/mette-marit-dop3a.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall joins her mother-in-law and Queen Sonja for final farewells on board The Norge - Photo: © AFP
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/10/28/mettemarit/imgs/mette-marit-dop4a.jpg

More form UK press form the unveiling of the statue

Attachments

• Norway_visit_UK_168-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_168-UKP.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Norway_visit_UK_190-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_190-UKP.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Norway_visit_UK_189-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_189-UKP.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Norway_visit_UK_186-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_186-UKP.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 337
  • Norway_visit_UK_182-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_182-UKP.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 213
  • Norway_visit_UK_177-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_177-UKP.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Norway_visit_UK_176-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_176-UKP.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Norway_visit_UK_175-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_175-UKP.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Norway_visit_UK_170-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_170-UKP.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Norway_visit_UK_167-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_167-UKP.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 313
From the Lunch at "Norge" from UK Press

Haakon flew home yesterday to preside state council today, the rest of the family will leaved during the weekend, Queen Sonja always does her christams shopping in London so maybe she gets it done now. Both the King and Queen Said Queen Elizabeth was a rolemodel and performed her duties supremely, also alot that goes on behind the scenes. The King said that he was looking forward to getting home and putting on his slippers.:D The Queen would like to take a long walk outside. They also said that Mette-Marit would probably not have more public work before the birth, the journalists said she looked tired at the end of the 3 day and that her OB-GYN has been travelling with her to all the places she has been

Attachments

• Norway_visit_UK_192-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_192-UKP.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Norway_visit_UK_193-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_193-UKP.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Norway_visit_UK_195-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_195-UKP.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Norway_visit_UK_200-UKP.jpg
    Norway_visit_UK_200-UKP.jpg