Official Visit from the King and Queen of Jordan: November 5-6, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive my ingnorance...but what's the differance between Official and State visit? :ermm:

RachelD said:
Please forgive my ingnorance...but what's the differance between Official and State visit? :ermm:
A state visit is a formal visit by one head of state to another country, at the invitation of the other country's head of state. State visits are the highest form of diplomatic contact between two states, and are marked by major ceremonial and diplomatic formality. In parliamentary democracies, though the heads of state may formally issue and accept the invitation to visit, they do so on the instruction of their governments, who usually agree together on when the invitation is to be issued in advance.
State visits usually involve:
  • state banquets hosted by each head of state, with the other head of state being the guest of honor;
  • a visit to the legislature, often with a formal address being delivered to parliament;
  • high profile visits to famous national landmarks;
  • formal cultural events celebrating both countries, which are held in conjunction with the state visit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_visit

a bigger picture from tiscali.co.uk:
LONDON - Cherie Blair, wife of British Prime Minister Tony Blair, poses with Queen Rania of Jordan on the steps of number 10 Downing Street on November 6, 2006 in London, England. King Abdullah and Queen Rania will meet British Chancellor Gordon Brown and HRH Queen Elizabeth II on their visit. (Photo by Bruno Vincent/Getty Images) Queen Rania and Cherie Blair

British Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown (L) speaks to Queen Rania of Jordan at the Stationers Hall, in central London, 07 November 2006. The Chancellor and Queen Rania were at a press conference to highlight the sale of inaugral bonds by the International Finance Facility for Immunisation (IFFIm). Photo

More pictures

Photo 1
Photo 2

New bond to save 10 million lives
The first step was taken today to raise funds for a mass immunisation programme for children in the developing world, at a ceremony in London attended by the Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, and representatives of Britain’s faith groups. Full article & source

Last edited:
King interviewed by Financial Times Newspaper

London, Nov. 7 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II warned against outbreak of the situation in the Middle East during the next year if the Palestinian-Israeli peace process is not revived. from Petra and Financial Times

Thanks for all the pictures, I hadn't realised they'd be here. they've had quite a busy schedule so far and some of the photos are great.

Moreover, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown might not agree on anything these days, but I think it's safe to say they were both charmed by Rania!
LINK
LINK

polysciir said:
Love this picture

As do I. I love the updo with the headband. It looks retro, but it also looks modern. I also love her make-up....she tends to go overboard sometimes on the dark, smoky eyeshadow but this time she got it right.

From Jordantimes.com:

Monarch says regional crises 'opening door to extremists'

Following is the full text of King Abdullah’s remarks to the British parliament on Tuesday: Speech by HM King Abdullah

King and Queen return home (Petra)
Amman, Nov.7 (Petra)—Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah returned home on Wednesday Petra

I thought they were supposed to meet Queen Elizabeth?
I dont know where some of these articles get their information from!
I guess they had to go back to Jordan in time for the first anniversary of the bombings in Amman.

Queen Rania looks lovely.It seems that her best accessory is the belt.She always wear them without fail with suits.Anyway they look nice on her and is her signature now.

from queenrania.jo:

Good afternoon everyone.

It is always inspiring to be a part of a wonderful event like this. But I have to confess, I did not always feel quite as knowledgeable about vaccines as I do today.
I remember twelve years ago, when I took my eldest son, Hussein, for his first round of childhood vaccinations, my dominant emotion was anxiety. Would the vaccines hurt? Would my baby cry? Would he grow up hating doctors? Speech by Queen Rania

Last edited:
sirmax said:
No Pictures with The Queen??
As appeared on the Court Circular, The King and the Queen did remained for Luncheon but maybe the Press was not allowed to access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom