Official Visit from the King and Queen of Jordan: November 5-6, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asturiana

Heir Presumptive
City
BW
Country
Germany
King and Queen leave for United Kingdom (from Petra)

Amman, 05 Nov. (Petra)—Their Majesties King Abdullah II an Queen Rania on Sunday left for London in a two day official working visit to the United Kingdom , during which they are expected to meet with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of Britain.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/05/211000.htm

Already off to England? seems like they have a busy agenda. any pictures from the airport?

What a shame. If I had known this visit was happening I would have gone picture hunting.

Oh they are very busy!

Did the Royal Couple return to Jordan the last days or did they stay in the Netherlands before they went to England??

I guess they have a very busy schedule, I wonder what are some of the events being hosted for them in this visit.

Her_Majesty said:
Oh they are very busy!

Did the Royal Couple return to Jordan the last days or did they stay in the Netherlands before they went to England??

they returned to Jordan before they coming to UK .

They look very comfortable this time comparing to the trip in Netherlands. I guess because King Abdullah is half english. So he and Queen Rania feel beter in them second country. That's my point of view.

From Yahoo! News:
King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan at a business seminar on investment in Jordan, at St James's Palace in London, November 6, 2006. (REUTERS/Toby Melville (BRITAIN) and AP via Yahoo! News)

Pictures:
Queen Rania and King Abdullah
Queen Rania
King Abdullah
with Prince Andrew
Prince Andrew

and from Gettyimages:
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72418285%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Last edited:
There will be any tiara event or smth like that? If yes, I hope that she will has better hair-do than in the Netherlands. At the moment she has.

Btw. She has two shoes.

Last edited:
lil Monkey said:
it's simply hi-lighted and blowdried,lol, most of us here in Jordan have our hair done like this actually in the middle east, it's what's in now :) :cool:
Actually most of us do it at home....

I can't speak for Her_Majesty, but I was referring to how straight her hair is. Her hair always looks great.....I'm just envious at how stick-straight it is.

From Yahoo! News:
Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair and his wife Cherie greet King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan outside 10 Downing Street in central London November 6, 2006. REUTERS/Alessia Pierdomenico (BRITAIN).

Pictures:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

and from Gettyimages:
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7cqueen+rania%7c2233391784121335%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=&tag=2http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...queen+rania|2233391784121335|0|0|0|0&p=&tag=2

Last edited:
great pictures. It seems she had her hair cut.

dazzling said:
great pictures. It seems she had her hair cut.
She's not wearing a cast anymore,but she's limping, it looks like she was in pain, I winder why she took off the cast this quick!

From Yahoo! News:
Britain's Prince Charles greets Jordan's King Abdullah and Queen Rania at Clarence House in central London November 6, 2006. REUTERS/Alessia Pierdomenico.

Pictures:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

There will be any tiara event or smth like that? If yes, I hope that she will has better hair-do than in the Netherlands. At the moment she has.

I don't think so because this is an official visit not a state visit.

Oppie said:
I don't think so because this is an official visit not a state visit.

Wasn't it an official visit rather than a state visit where Camilla wore the Delhi Durbar tiara? I wouldn't abandon all hope just yet.;)

cute_girl said:
go to your nearest hair salon and ask 4 extensions!
That would be a possibility... I don't think it would look like this anyway since my hair is very curly:lol: ...
I think Ranja's hair looks much better in these pictures then it did in NL..

houri said:
I am hopeing also to see a tiara in this visit :)

I think not because aren´t gala dinner.

King Abdullah II meets with British economic activist

London, Nov. 06 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II started his activities in the British capital by a meeting with representatives of the British economic activities, where he renewed Jordan’s commitment to go on in the reform process and build a free and open economy, proceeding from belief in the importance of the private sector and its role in achieving development. Petra

King, Blair open talks

London, Nov.6 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II warned against the continuous Israeli military operation in the Gaza would deepen the Palestinian suffer and could also increase the tone of tension and acceleration in the region.
During his talks on Monday in London with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, King Abdullah underlined the importance of providing good climate that could pave the way to resume peace process and find a just solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. The King noted to the efforts exerted by Britain to overcome obstacles facing the peace process. Petra

Petra pictures from both events:
Image Gallery - Click Here

Tuesday activities

http://media.netpr.pl/notatka_67006.html

The Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown will join Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan and the leaders of all Britain's major faith groups at a ceremony (Tuesday, November 7) to launch the sale of bonds issued by the International Finance Facility for Immunisation (IFFIm).

Comparing to the events and the glamorous photos in the Netherlands these pictures are disappointing so far :sad: .

What do you expect from a simple working visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom