Official Visit from the Emperor and Empress of Japan: May 27-29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

banda_windsor

Aristocracy
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
This is the thread for posting the news and pic from the Imperial Couple official visit, 27-29 May 2007. You can find the picture of the Emperor Visit to Sweden and Baltics in other thread. So let's start this with their visit to London.

The Arrival @ Heathrow

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so thrilled that Their Imperial Majesties are in Britain. I might visit Piccadilly tomorrow to see if I can catch a glimpse. Depends on the weather really. Can't wait to see pics from the dinner of Buckingham Palace.

The weather in the London area is just awful today according to the forecast. I hope it doesn't spoil the events arranged for the Imperial couple.

this is the picture of the Imperial couple State Visit to Britain in 1998

Banquet at Guildhall

Other pics from 1998

Last edited by a moderator:
banda windsor, i can't open the links you posted, maybe its just my computer?

The problem with Getty pictures is easily solved by clicking the 'Refresh' button (if it isn't first from the first click, try it again).

And thank you for the pictures of the Emperor's past visits, banda_windsor. :)

Is the Dinner tonight a Tiara-event one?And i am unsure if we can get chance seeing other Royals attend?

Be patient, we'll see soon enough. :)

Pic 29.5.2007

Queen hosts banquet for Japanese monarch:

Britain´s Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh greet The Emperor and Empress of Japan at the grand entrance of Buckingham Palace, 29 May 2007 ---> Pic :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh greeted Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Grand Entrance of Buckingham Palace in London, Tuesday May 29, 2007. The 73-year-old Emperor, who arrived in Britain on Sunday, will dine with the Queen Elizabeth II this evening. Emperor Akihito is in the UK to mark the 300th anniversary of the birth of one of his heroes, Swedish scientist Carl Linnaeus.

Pictures:
The Queen, The Emperor and The Empress
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Emperor and The Empress

I love what both Ladies wear. The colour certainly suits the Queen, the Empress looks wonderful as well, though I think I've seen the Empress' outfit before.

Last edited:
I love the Queen's dress. Very vibrant. And the Empress looks very nice in white.

Avalon said:
I love what both Ladies wear. The colour certainly suits the Queen, the Empress looks wonderful as well, though I think I've seen the Empress' outfit before.
Thank you for the pictures and article. The Empress looks wonderful in her graduated blue silk outfit! :flowers:

You're most welcome! :flowers:
Some more pictures of the Royal Couples (no tiaras yet ;) ). The Emperor & Empress and Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip exchanged presents.

Queen Elizabeth II presents a gift of a silver rimmed crystal bowl to the Emperor Akihito left, and Empress Michiko of Japan who in return presented The Queen and Prince Philip, right, with a shell and lacquer work decorative box in the Carnarvon Room, Buckingham Palace, London, Tuesday May 29, 2007. The Japanese monarchs are on a 10-day tour of Europe.

Queen Elizabeth views the gift of the Emperor and Empress
The Duke of Edinburgh views the gift to the Imperial Couple
Queen Elizabeth shows their gift to The Emperor and Empress

The box is gorgeous and the Queen seems to like it. If she doesn't, I'll gladly accept.

The queen is fabuloso!! she's so bright. i can't wait for the dinner picture. Although i don't think we will see some tiara. Because the news said that this will be an intimate dinner. but who knows!

The Empress is elegantly dressed, a classic. Understated in some ways, but because of that, it carries such impact. Beautiful! :flowers:

Queen hosts Palace dinner for Emperor and Empress

The royal houses from the East and the West met this week to share a rare evening together when the Queen welcomed the Emperor and Empress of Japan to Buckingham Palace. The couple, who are on a three-day trip to Britain, joined the monarch, Prince Philip, and 16 other guests for an intimate dinner.
Emperor Akihito and his wife Empress Michiko were met by the Queen at the Palace’s grand entrance. And, in line with Japanese tradition, exchanged presents with their English hosts.

Pictures:
The Imperial and the Royal couples
The Emperor & Empress and The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh exchange gifts
And a nice picture of the Imperial couple as they visited the Oxford University, where Princess Akiko studies

Speech by His Majesty The Emperor of Japan on his visit to Linnean Society London on May 29, 2007

Source: Kunaicho
link to the PDF format

Queen hosts Palace dinner for Emperor and Empress
link to HELLO's article

Last edited:
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited at the Linnean Society in incognito at 29 of May,no any Japanese fhotographer and journalist from the newspapers was there at the front door,only few people mostly backpack tourist and some japanese student's.

;) ROPURA

Last edited:
i don't know why, there are no single picture of the royal dinner at the buckingham. Do you guys think there will be a picture release about the dinner?

banda_windsor said:
i don't know why, there are no single picture of the royal dinner at the buckingham. Do you guys think there will be a picture release about the dinner?
I don't think so, Banda.The photos of Their Imperial Majesties's arrival and the exchange gift photos and that's it. I don't think they will have any more photos, as it was refered to as an "intimate dinner".

;) ;) I have see the Emperor and Empress at the Piccadilly circus in London , at the front door of Linnean Institute.
The Empress was very elegance.They are very informal and relax;).

ropura

You know, I think that of all the Queens/Princess's, that Empress Michiko has never had a bad choice of clothes day. She's always so impeccable, classy, right for any occasion. Though I must say, she does seem to always wear the same type of hats. But their cute! It's so nice to see these two Royal couples interacting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom