The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Official Visit by King and Queen of Norway, October 2005

As The Norwegian Royals are going to visit The United Kingdom next Tuesday 25th of October, i'm opening this thread for this particular special visit.
More details of the visit programm can be found at the British Royal Website: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4456.asp
Happy posting everybody!:)

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

It will be the first time that Camila will use a tiara in the gala dinner :p

Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 AM

Re;

If anyone is thinking of going to see King H and Queen S - do send me a PM. I'll be going but not sure where is best - I think I'll go to the Embassy and watch the unveiling of the Queen Maud statue - apparantly its in a public area and will be easy to access - according to the Norwegian Embassy.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

BeatrixFan and Elspeth....since you are both there, hopefully you will be able to see them...

I think this may be the first time we get to see Camilla in a tiara...I know, it is the little things in life we wait for on here... :)
Old 10-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if this whole thing gets overshadowed by Camilla's tiara, like the Opening of Parliament did by Diana's hairdo that year, the Queen will probably be Not Amused.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

i cant wait see the Camilla's tiara and her outfits

and also i would like see the Royals ladies outfits also includes Countess of Wessex maybe?

Sara Boyce
Old 10-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

Looking at the program, it seems this will be a very busy visit. I'm looking forward to lots of pictures!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
Looking at the program, it seems this will be a very busy visit. I'm looking forward to lots of pictures!
Let's only hope that Mette-Marit won't suffer from premature labour pains, that seems to be going around in royal circles these days, from the programme... although her programme seems to be a little less than the rest.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:57 PM

Re:

IMPORTANT

If you are planning to go and see King Harald and Queen Sonja - don't go to the Norwegian Embassy Statue Unveiling. It's a closed event and you'll be turned away from the immediate area for security reasons.

The two recommended spots are;

Lloyds HQ - but you'll only see King Harald

Buckingham Palace when they arrive and are met by the Queen and Prince Philip

Sadly, they're not doing a walkabout. :(
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's sad when an unveiling like that has to be closed to the public for security reasons. If royals can't do their stuff in public, it's going to make things a lot harder in terms of keeping people interested in the monarchy.

Thanks for the information, BeatrixFan.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, if this whole thing gets overshadowed by Camilla's tiara... the Queen will probably be Not Amused.
What if HM gets her own back by having the Press Office issue a statement saying Camilla wore "a stunning diamond tiara" ... "but no photographs will be released." Gottcha!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

I will attend the Service at Westminster Abbey:)

I am also thinking of going to Buckingham Palace to see H.M. The King inspect a Guard of Honour. :)
Old 10-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCold
I will attend the Service at Westminster Abbey:)

I am also thinking of going to Buckingham Palace to see H.M. The King inspect a Guard of Honour. :)
how does one get invited to such services?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:04 PM

Re;

I've posted this before but I can't find the topic - here goes;

Basically, you have to write to Westminster Abbey each time a service comes up. After you've been a few times, you'll find you're automatically offered tickets. You write to Westminster Abbey (I'll find the exact address) and you specify which event you'd like to attend and how many tickets you'd like.
When a member of the Royal Family passes away, there is usually the announcement made that a Memorial Service will take place later in the year. That means it's already being planned - send it within a week of the announcement and you'll get a ticket. I've been to quite a few events and now I get offered them by phone and I accept them all even if I give them away.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Norwegian royals are flying to UK on monday the 24th, they are then going to the royal yacht Norge, where they will stay until tuesday, after that they will stay at Buckingham palace. 3 ministers are travelling with them; Minister of forreign affairs, Minister of justice and Minister of petrolium and energy
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=294332

Haakon and Mette-Marit arriving at the royal yacht yesterday evening

www.db.no and ukpress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norway_Greenwich_1-UKP.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	205739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Norway_Greenwich_2-UKP.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	205740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Norway_Greenwich_3-UKP.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	205741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Norway_Greenwich_4-UKP.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	205742  

Attached Images

Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Schedule for Norwegian Royals visit'stime today:

25. Oct.
at 12.30 hrs.
Their Majesties King Harald & Queen Sonja and the CP couple will start their official visit to the UK.
* 16.00 hrs. Their Majesties and CP couple will pay a visit to 10. Downing Street

* 16.35 hrs.
H.M. the King will lay a wreath at the grave of the Unknown Soldier, Westminster Abbey

* 17.00 hrs.
Their Majesties and the Crown Prince will be received by the Lord Mayor of Westminster, St. James Palace

* 17.30 hrs.
Their Majesties and The Crown Prince will attend a meeting with War veterans, at Buckingham Palace

* 20.00 hrs.
H. M. Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. the Duke of Edinburgh offer a galladinner in honour of the Norwegian Royals, Buckingham Palace
Old 10-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
The Norwegian royals are flying to UK on monday the 24thhttp://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=294332
Haakon and Mette-Marit arriving at the royal yacht yesterday evening www.db.no and ukpress
Thanks for the pictures Larzen! MM look great!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos.

Like never I can't wait for the galladinner What will happen? Who will arrive and who not - HM or Camilla? Did C wear a tiara? etc.etc.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Thanks for the photos.

Like never I can't wait for the galladinner What will happen? Who will arrive and who not - HM or Camilla? Did C wear a tiara? etc.etc.
Of course, Her Majesty as the hostness of the Gala Dinner will absolutely be there, The Duchess of Cornwall will likely be there but if shes not there, i dont know, we will have to wait and see what will happen, and The Duchess had never worn a Tiara before.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Duchess had never worn a Tiara before.
The Duchess never but Camilla wear for her first wedding.

Tags
elizabeth ii, king harald, norway, official visit, queen elizabeth ii, queen sonja