The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Was there anyone else in attendance...like the Princess Royal, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, etc.?

Old 10-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

I love MM's dress..!

Old 10-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Detective work: From Sonja's jewlery thread, and a post made by Mandy, I discovered that the tiara Mette-Marit is wearing is the Amethyst Necklace Tiara, which was a gift from King Harald to Queen Sonja.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
So are we to assume that this will be her signature tiara?
Probably for really major events, but perhaps she'll wear something less overwhelming for other occasions.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Or is she? The picture with Camilla, and Mette-Marit in the background gives a close-up of the tiara, but I'm uncertain. The only other time I remember seeing that tiara was when Mette-Marit used it as a necklace, and I don't think there were red stones. Anybody with more tiara knowledge than me?

Edit: She seems to be wearing this: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=2705 tiara... anybody know what it is called?
It's the Amethyst Necklace Tiara. It was a gift from King Harald to Sonja, a convertible diamond and amethyst necklace with matching earrings.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I'm not sure how many tiaras the others have, but Sonja has quite a few to pick and choose from, yet the emeralds seems to be her favourite.
Yes you'r right, I just looked in the thread discussing QSonja's jewels. It seems Queen Maud brought quite a bit of Jewels from England and Denmark, as did CP Martha, BTW where did she get Empress Josephines Tiara from, she wasn't a princess from the Major Royals of Sweden?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

More pictures from AAP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_10.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	205969   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_11.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	205970   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_13.jpg
Views:	1764
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	205972   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LMD_9.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	205973  

Old 10-25-2005, 05:15 PM

Re;

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205970

Can anyone get this without the watermarks?! That could become my favourite pic of all time....
Old 10-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

All in all tonight was a great night for us royal watchers, (or hawkers should I say?!) Yes we will all live to see camilla wearing many other important royal Jewels, in the near or far future!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Nobility

camilla

I think she looked wonderful and very elegant. Charles also looked very happy and content.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Some more pics from Polfoto. You can barely see Mette-Marit behind Camilla. I like Mette-Marits dress but the group pics came out dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP438838_guest.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	205987   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP438871_guest.jpg
Views:	21681
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	205988   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP438879_guest.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	205990  
Old 10-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Nobility

Question Question of etiquette?

Camilla realy looks magnificent and enchanting! Dramatic black becomes her! But can anyone tell me about the etiquette? Is it realy alright wearing black in this occasion? Is it a suitable moment? Don't missunderstand - I realy like Camillas look but I just want to know if it's common for a Crownprince consort wearing black at an official gala!?!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:25 PM

Re:

Usually Black is only for Court Mourning and Funerals but Queen Margrethe has several black creations that she wears so I think there's nothing against it. If there was, I think Camilla would have been told 'No' when the outfit was suggested. Her Ladies in Waiting are probably experienced in these matters and would have tipped her off.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Diana was given the Royal Family Order automatically upon her marraige to Charles. I see it hasn't happened for Camilla.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

On NRK (www.nrk.no/netttv) you can see a clip fro the galla. And You can see MM's dress very well when she and Charles walk in to the dinner... Beautiful dress
Old 10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Usually Black is only for Court Mourning and Funerals but Queen Margrethe has several black creations that she wears so I think there's nothing against it. If there was, I think Camilla would have been told 'No' when the outfit was suggested. Her Ladies in Waiting are probably experienced in these matters and would have tipped her off.
Thank You for the information! I realy like Camillas look! Her presence gives a great brilliance to the occation.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness

There are some huge pictures posted of Tamara on GREMB:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/140998.html
Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

no Earl and Countess of Wessex attend gala dinner? and Princess Anne and her husband also attend gala dinner?

Sara Boyce
Old 10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Nobility

There seem to be others there but no pictures have been shown yet.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

I would think that since this is first official royal banquet, she consulted not only with her husband, but also the courtiers, about what would be appropriate to wear, to curtsey, etc.

I am not surprised by the tiara that was chosen. With her feathery hairstyle, she needed a larger one.

The tiara the Queen wore is the same one she wore in Canada earlier this and can be replaced with the Cambridge emeralds.

Queen Sonia had many tiaras to choose from, she is not lacking in royal jewels in any way. :)

I think she chose this one as it like the major tiara in her collection.

Tags
elizabeth ii, king harald, norway, official visit, queen elizabeth ii, queen sonja