Official Visit from the King and Queen of Norway: October 25-26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Marmalade said:
Queen Sonia had many tiaras to choose from, she is not lacking in royal jewels in any way. :)
I think she chose this one as it like the major tiara in her collection.
I like this ensemble. Is it the emerald tiara that was mentioned before?

Last edited by a moderator:
auntie said:
She looked better in the car! Sorry folks, at the end of the day she isn't physically attractive! She has greatly improved, but is no great beauty. I, on the other hand am really excited to see what Queen Sonja and CP MM will be wearing.:D

I think the tiara is TOO BIG. And her hair went flat, unfortunately for her.

The dress is acceptable IMO (although I wouldn't have picked it).

Interesting that they gave her a tiara of Queen Mary's. (Wonder if the Queen is turning over in her grave.)

Does anyone have any information on camilla's necklace and earrings?

More pictures from the Galla.. from VG

Attachments

• camill.jpg
    camill.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 286
  • cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 267
  • cmm.jpg
    cmm.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 295
  • eh.jpg
    eh.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 303
  • hcc.jpg
    hcc.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 286
  • hmmp.jpg
    hmmp.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • pehs.jpg
    pehs.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 356
Perhaps Camilla's dress isn't really black but a midnight blue or some other dark shade.

It's interesting that both queens wore off-white (I wonder if there was some consultation or if it was just an accident).

MM looks great!

Press conference in Buckingham Palace.

From Colourpress

iowabelle said:
I think the tiara is TOO BIG. And her hair went flat, unfortunately for her.

Yeah I thought so too iowabelle when I saw her in the carriage. But when she was in the reception room, I saw that actually her hair got fuller under the tiara so it needed something substantial up top to balance. I don't think that's the reason the Queen allowed her to use the Durbar tiara though, it would be a rather silly reason :p

I agree about Mette-Marit's dress; its hard to find something that looks good in your last month of pregnancy. The green really becomes her.

edited to add: gosh Mette-Marit is really tall! She's taller than Prince Philip and he's 6'1" isn't he?

Some more still from Colourpress

Elspeth said:
Interesting.

So much for "she won't be Queen, she'll be Princess Consort." Not in a tiara made for a Durbar, she won't.

I agree. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Camilla will be Queen. She received more than just a tiara symbolically....it was the Crown made for Queen Mary for the Delhi Durbar where the Indian princes paid homage to her and George V as Emperor and Empress of India.

Since this is a gift directly from the Queen, it certainly sends a very strong message to the world of Camilla's rank and future role.

seto said:
Does anyone have any information on camilla's necklace and earrings?

The necklace was a gift from Prince Charles before they were married. The earrings are a mystery, but are likely a gift from Charles as well.

Some more, still from Colourpress

COLOUR10362034.jpg

ysbel said:
Yeah I thought so too iowabelle when I saw her in the carriage. But when she was in the reception room, I saw that actually her hair got fuller under the tiara so it needed something substantial up top to balance. I don't think that's the reason the Queen allowed her to use the Durbar tiara though, it would be a rather silly reason.

I meant, look at Camilla's bangs. Flat. (Sort of what happened on Diana's wedding day.) It might have been a little humid, or Camilla might have been a little warm. Could happen to anyone.

I saw Bette Midler the other day on TV and her hair looked wonderful. It was feathery like Camilla's, but less heavy looking. I wonder how Camilla would look in a similar cut (since they're about the same age).

Wow, Camilla really looks great and royal! And I like MM's dress very much, very lovely colour!

It must be love!

james said:
How could Camilla and Charles have imagined during their illicit sexual trysts that one day she would wear a tiara. Unfortuatley for them respect and class are harder to earn than material possesions. That is, she may wear the stones but she will always be an old adultress with two adult kids of her own. I'd wager the Queen feels the same hence the absence of the Royal Family Order for Camilla.

Well I can agree with You some way. The Royal houses in Britain and Norway couldn´t have had it easy with scandals during many Years. But it must have been love between their Crown Princes and their consorts, because else they couldn't have the energy to enforce their will the way they've did. Things are the way they are and even if I don't like everything about it I'm glad for the Monarchy when things seem to be good. :) That's better then "worse". ;)

Last edited:
james said:
Diana was given the Royal Family Order automatically upon her marraige to Charles. I see it hasn't happened for Camilla.

It's inevitable the Queen will grant Camilla her personal order, but since it is within the gift of the Sovereign, it will be given when the Queen is good and ready.

iowabelle said:
I meant, look at Camilla's bangs. Flat. (Sort of what happened on Diana's wedding day.) It might have been a little humid, or Camilla might have been a little warm. Could happen to anyone.

yeah, you got a point there, iowabelle. Bette Midler is an outstanding looking woman. She's really come into her own style as she's gotten older.

branchg said:
The necklace was a gift from Prince Charles before they were married. The earrings are a mystery, but are likely a gift from Charles as well.

That necklace is my favorite from the whole ensemble. :)

I dislike Camilla, but she looks very regal in the pictures. Who wouldn´t wearing that tiara? ;)

I think Queen Sonja is the most elegant tonight, and I like a lot the dress of princess MM. :)

I must say that I am incredibly shocked by tonight. Camilla was wearing the one tiara I thought she would not wear and she looked FANTASTIC in it. I can't say I cared much for her gown, but she looked great all around. I loved all of Mette-Marits outfits today, her 2 day ones and her gown were all beautiful. Both Queens looked regal, but I must say Queen Sonja should get another gown (she looked very royal and regal however).

For some reason, this visit seems grander than the one the Norwegian Royals made to Sweden and the one the Swedish Royals made to Norway this year. Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow.

For some reason, this visit seems grander than the one the Norwegian Royals made to Sweden and the one the Swedish Royals made to Norway this year. Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow.

Sorry, but what is going to happen tomorrow? Another gala dinner? *blush*
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a link to the official programme in the first post of this thread; it tells you all the details of what's going to happen tomorrow.

I dont like the south asian/colonial associations with that tiara but it is a stunner. I guess if the british royals were too choosy about where their jewels came from and how they were "acquired", a lot of the major pieces wouldnt see the light of day.
Camilla looks very impressive. I think she was definately looking to make a statement tonight and she succeeded.
CP Mette-Marit's dress is very pretty.

Camilla looks simply fabulous! Congrats to her! She looks great, and seems to be truly enjoying herself. More often then not (and this is my opinion) Diana looked bored at these types of events. Camilla looks as though she is truly happy to be there, with Charles, representing her country! WOO HOO for her.

I hope to see many more beautiful pictures, such as these, in the future!

In did she look wonderfully happy... but i don't like see her with tiara...is something wrong and i don't now what is, i just don't like a lot. Ahe is wearing Queen Mume jewels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom