Official Visit from the King and Queen of Norway: October 25-26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANP and Polfoto

The Duchess looks magnificent and impressive, way to go Camilla.:) Mette-Marit also looks very pretty

Attachments

• 3131030.jpg
    3131030.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 998
  • AP438838_guest.jpg
    AP438838_guest.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,110
  • family2.jpg
    family2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Is that The Queen wearing the Grand Duchess Vlademir Tiara?

Certainly looks like it.

I think it's high time Queen Sonja received another Tiara and matching necklace! (Parure if I'm not mistaken) after Queen Poala of Belgium, she has the least Jewels of all the Queens!:(

I'm not quite sure what I think yet. A little more time is needed to get used to seeing the Duchess wear a tiara.

I agree auntie. HM the Queen Sonja does need another parure!

"MII"

I still don't see how that tiara is managing to be sitting at that angle as long as it's a crown-type affair. I'd love to see a back view.

Larzen said:
The Duchess looks magnificent and impressive, way to go Camilla.:) Mette-Marit also looks very pretty
Well, there we go! It was definately altered and opened up properly to fit correctly as a tiara. It really looks nice on the Duchess.

We also know now this was definately a gift from the Queen since the tiara belonged to the Royal Collection as one of Queen Mary's pieces. A very significant move on the Queen's part because Camilla received a tiara from the Queen's collection, just like Diana did.

Last edited by a moderator:
norwegianne said:
Mette-Marit seems to me, without having seen any close ups, to be wearing Queen Maud's fan tiara.
Or is she? The picture with Camilla, and Mette-Marit in the background gives a close-up of the tiara, but I'm uncertain. The only other time I remember seeing that tiara was when Mette-Marit used it as a necklace, and I don't think there were red stones. Anybody with more tiara knowledge than me?

Edit: She seems to be wearing this: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2705 tiara... anybody know what it is called?

Last edited:
wow!!! camilla looks really beautiful. that tiara is just amazing...

nice colour for mette marit again. hope we can find a proper photo of the dress soon :) she is wearing the same tiara she wore for the pre-wedding gala in copenhaguen.

i liked seeing that camilla has a good relationship with other royals, in this case with harald.

did anyonw find any photo of a curtsy? :p

Re:

So are we to assume that this will be her signature tiara?

auntie said:
I think it's high time Queen Sonja received another Tiara and matching necklace! (Parure if I'm not mistaken) after Queen Poala of Belgium, she has the least Jewels of all the Queens!:(
I'm not sure how many tiaras the others have, but Sonja has quite a few to pick and choose from, yet the emeralds seems to be her favourite.

Was there anyone else in attendance...like the Princess Royal, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, etc.?

Detective work: From Sonja's jewlery thread, and a post made by Mandy, I discovered that the tiara Mette-Marit is wearing is the Amethyst Necklace Tiara, which was a gift from King Harald to Queen Sonja.

BeatrixFan said:
So are we to assume that this will be her signature tiara?

Probably for really major events, but perhaps she'll wear something less overwhelming for other occasions.

norwegianne said:
Or is she? The picture with Camilla, and Mette-Marit in the background gives a close-up of the tiara, but I'm uncertain. The only other time I remember seeing that tiara was when Mette-Marit used it as a necklace, and I don't think there were red stones. Anybody with more tiara knowledge than me?

Edit: She seems to be wearing this: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2705 tiara... anybody know what it is called?

It's the Amethyst Necklace Tiara. It was a gift from King Harald to Sonja, a convertible diamond and amethyst necklace with matching earrings.

norwegianne said:
I'm not sure how many tiaras the others have, but Sonja has quite a few to pick and choose from, yet the emeralds seems to be her favourite.
Yes you'r right, I just looked in the thread discussing QSonja's jewels. It seems Queen Maud brought quite a bit of Jewels from England and Denmark, as did CP Martha, BTW where did she get Empress Josephines Tiara from, she wasn't a princess from the Major Royals of Sweden?

More pictures from AAP

Attachments

• BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_10.jpg
    BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_10.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 359
  • BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_11.jpg
    BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_11.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 463
  • BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_13.jpg
    BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LM_13.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,761
  • BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LMD_9.jpg
    BRITAIN_NORWAY_ROYALS_LMD_9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 907
All in all tonight was a great night for us royal watchers, (or hawkers should I say?!) Yes we will all live to see camilla wearing many other important royal Jewels, in the near or far future!

camilla

I think she looked wonderful and very elegant. Charles also looked very happy and content.

Some more pics from Polfoto. You can barely see Mette-Marit behind Camilla. I like Mette-Marits dress but the group pics came out dark.

Attachments

• AP438838_guest.jpg
    AP438838_guest.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 258
  • AP438871_guest.jpg
    AP438871_guest.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 32,928
  • AP438879_guest.jpg
    AP438879_guest.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Question of etiquette?

Camilla realy looks magnificent and enchanting! Dramatic black becomes her! But can anyone tell me about the etiquette? Is it realy alright wearing black in this occasion? Is it a suitable moment? Don't missunderstand - I realy like Camillas look but I just want to know if it's common for a Crownprince consort wearing black at an official gala!?!

Re:

Usually Black is only for Court Mourning and Funerals but Queen Margrethe has several black creations that she wears so I think there's nothing against it. If there was, I think Camilla would have been told 'No' when the outfit was suggested. Her Ladies in Waiting are probably experienced in these matters and would have tipped her off.

Diana was given the Royal Family Order automatically upon her marraige to Charles. I see it hasn't happened for Camilla.

On NRK (www.nrk.no/netttv) you can see a clip fro the galla. And You can see MM's dress very well when she and Charles walk in to the dinner... Beautiful dress

Thank You!

BeatrixFan said:
Usually Black is only for Court Mourning and Funerals but Queen Margrethe has several black creations that she wears so I think there's nothing against it. If there was, I think Camilla would have been told 'No' when the outfit was suggested. Her Ladies in Waiting are probably experienced in these matters and would have tipped her off.

Thank You for the information! I realy like Camillas look! Her presence gives a great brilliance to the occation.

no Earl and Countess of Wessex attend gala dinner? and Princess Anne and her husband also attend gala dinner?

Sara Boyce

There seem to be others there but no pictures have been shown yet.

I would think that since this is first official royal banquet, she consulted not only with her husband, but also the courtiers, about what would be appropriate to wear, to curtsey, etc.

I am not surprised by the tiara that was chosen. With her feathery hairstyle, she needed a larger one.

The tiara the Queen wore is the same one she wore in Canada earlier this and can be replaced with the Cambridge emeralds.

Queen Sonia had many tiaras to choose from, she is not lacking in royal jewels in any way. :)

I think she chose this one as it like the major tiara in her collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom