The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Commoner

Thanks for posting the pictures... but, where is the Queen Elizabeth II? I didn´t find her yet in those pictures...
The Duchess of Gloucester is using turmalines jewels, right?

Old 10-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Nobility

The Queen was not there.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Nobility

Only the Gloucester's attended this banquet.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

Wow! MM looks really fantastic! Thanks for those pictures

Pictures from Dagbladet and Isifa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cam_henv.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	206382   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11315280.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	206383   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11315267.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	206384   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11315298.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	206385  

Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11315311.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	206386   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11315384.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	206387  
Old 10-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farah Monaco
Thanks for posting the pictures... but, where is the Queen Elizabeth II? I didn´t find her yet in those pictures...
The Duchess of Gloucester is using turmalines jewels, right?
I think that pink stone in her tiara is kunzite.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Commoner

Thank you Elspeth, James and Seto. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
Wow! MM looks really fantastic! Thanks for those pictures

Pictures from Dagbladet and Isifa
Old 10-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

can anyone tell me where I can find an image of Sophie, countess of Wessex in the Gala, BTW who is the lady with a cream dress standing in between King Harald and The Duke of glouchestor on the second night?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think everyone's wondering who that lady is. Perhaps she's the Lord Mayor's wife or something?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Nobility

You are welcome Farah Monaco.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Warren might know...as he is viewing the thread. :)
Old 10-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Equal rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
Isn't HRH Crown Princess XX "above" HRH The Duchess of XX when we speak about official protocols?
I think you're confusing titles with position. At this level it is the position that matters. Both Crown Princess Mette Marit and the Duchess of Cornwall are the wives of Heirs to Thrones, and thus, in the scheme of things, equal. (Similarly, Emperor Akihito, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Albert of Monaco rank equally because all are reigning monarchs.) Mette Marit may have chosen to show "extra" respect and deference to Camilla by curtseying; not required by protocol, but her decision to do so for whatever reason.

As an aside, those of us with long memories will recall the first meeting between Queen Elizabeth and Mette Marit in Oslo. Mette Marit gave one of the deepest curtseys I have ever seen on a Royal-to-Royal level. Virtually knee to the ground. An impressive homage.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think everyone's wondering who that lady is. Perhaps she's the Lord Mayor's wife or something?
Check out the positioning, that gives the clue, and the answer. Go with Elspeth.

Has anyone else noticed that Princess Astrid of Norway was at the gala with her husband?

She's here, next to Haakon: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=206378
Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

I think that is wonderful she went. It really shows the very close family bond between these two royal families.

After all, if you look in the line of sucession, Harald is the first monarch from another country to assume the throne of England....should something happen to the other 60-65 or so before him....
Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

i dont think if William and Harry would attend gala dinner from his granny the HM Queen because William is future King of England but we have wait and see what happened at gala dinner again

Sara Boyce
Old 10-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Check out the positioning, that gives the clue, and the answer. Go with Elspeth.

Has anyone else noticed that Princess Astrid of Norway was at the gala with her husband?

She's here, next to Haakon: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=206378
Thank you Elspeth and Warren. Given what I think of the Lord Mayor of London and his sometimes....interesting behavior....I will say that if that is his wife she is beautiful.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I noticed that the Duchess of Gloucester has a chest full of medals as well as her jewellery and orders. None of the other royal ladies show up to galas sporting all those medals. Is there a reason for it? Perhaps she's afraid of an assassination attempt and thinks they'll deflect a bullet aimed at her heart or something?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I noticed that the Duchess of Gloucester has a chest full of medals as well as her jewellery and orders. None of the other royal ladies show up to galas sporting all those medals. Is there a reason for it? Perhaps she's afraid of an assassination attempt and thinks they'll deflect a bullet aimed at her heart or something?
Oh, don't pick on Birgitte, Elspeth. I like her. If she has earned all those orders and medals, then she has every right to wear them!! You go Birgitte!!!:)
Old 10-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not picking on her; it just looks weird to wear medals with evening dress rather than uniform.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm not picking on her; it just looks weird to wear medals with evening dress rather than uniform.
I was teasing you Elspeth.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Arg. I'm going to have a sleepless night over this if someone can't enlighten me, you know.

Tags
elizabeth ii, king harald, norway, official visit, queen elizabeth ii, queen sonja