The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2005, 05:50 PM

Re:

How brilliant is technology?

I've just printed this one out and it's in a frame ready to go up on the wall tomorrow and it was only taken a few hours ago.

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/1046/cc0ly.jpg

Old 10-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Queen Sonia had many tiaras to choose from, she is not lacking in royal jewels in any way. :)
I think she chose this one as it like the major tiara in her collection.
I like this ensemble. Is it the emerald tiara that was mentioned before?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

Hi ysbel...yes it is.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
She looked better in the car! Sorry folks, at the end of the day she isn't physically attractive! She has greatly improved, but is no great beauty. I, on the other hand am really excited to see what Queen Sonja and CP MM will be wearing.
I think the tiara is TOO BIG. And her hair went flat, unfortunately for her.

The dress is acceptable IMO (although I wouldn't have picked it).

Interesting that they gave her a tiara of Queen Mary's. (Wonder if the Queen is turning over in her grave.)
Old 10-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Does anyone have any information on camilla's necklace and earrings?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

More pictures from the Galla.. from VG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camill.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	205993   Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	205994   Click image for larger version

Name:	cmm.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	205995   Click image for larger version

Name:	eh.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	205996  

Click image for larger version

Name:	hcc.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	205997   Click image for larger version

Name:	hmmp.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	205998   Click image for larger version

Name:	pehs.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	205999  
Old 10-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps Camilla's dress isn't really black but a midnight blue or some other dark shade.

It's interesting that both queens wore off-white (I wonder if there was some consultation or if it was just an accident).

MM looks great!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Press conference in Buckingham Palace.

From Colourpress

Old 10-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I think the tiara is TOO BIG. And her hair went flat, unfortunately for her.
Yeah I thought so too iowabelle when I saw her in the carriage. But when she was in the reception room, I saw that actually her hair got fuller under the tiara so it needed something substantial up top to balance. I don't think that's the reason the Queen allowed her to use the Durbar tiara though, it would be a rather silly reason :p

I agree about Mette-Marit's dress; its hard to find something that looks good in your last month of pregnancy. The green really becomes her.

edited to add: gosh Mette-Marit is really tall! She's taller than Prince Philip and he's 6'1" isn't he?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more still from Colourpress

Old 10-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Interesting.

So much for "she won't be Queen, she'll be Princess Consort." Not in a tiara made for a Durbar, she won't.
I agree. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Camilla will be Queen. She received more than just a tiara symbolically....it was the Crown made for Queen Mary for the Delhi Durbar where the Indian princes paid homage to her and George V as Emperor and Empress of India.

Since this is a gift directly from the Queen, it certainly sends a very strong message to the world of Camilla's rank and future role.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
no Earl and Countess of Wessex attend gala dinner? and Princess Anne and her husband also attend gala dinner?

Sara Boyce
I think Edward and Sophie was there. Look at this picture and you can see Edwards face:http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205998
Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
Does anyone have any information on camilla's necklace and earrings?
The necklace was a gift from Prince Charles before they were married. The earrings are a mystery, but are likely a gift from Charles as well.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more, still from Colourpress

Old 10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Yeah I thought so too iowabelle when I saw her in the carriage. But when she was in the reception room, I saw that actually her hair got fuller under the tiara so it needed something substantial up top to balance. I don't think that's the reason the Queen allowed her to use the Durbar tiara though, it would be a rather silly reason.
I meant, look at Camilla's bangs. Flat. (Sort of what happened on Diana's wedding day.) It might have been a little humid, or Camilla might have been a little warm. Could happen to anyone.

I saw Bette Midler the other day on TV and her hair looked wonderful. It was feathery like Camilla's, but less heavy looking. I wonder how Camilla would look in a similar cut (since they're about the same age).
Old 10-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the answer.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, Camilla really looks great and royal! And I like MM's dress very much, very lovely colour!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Nobility

It must be love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
How could Camilla and Charles have imagined during their illicit sexual trysts that one day she would wear a tiara. Unfortuatley for them respect and class are harder to earn than material possesions. That is, she may wear the stones but she will always be an old adultress with two adult kids of her own. I'd wager the Queen feels the same hence the absence of the Royal Family Order for Camilla.
Well I can agree with You some way. The Royal houses in Britain and Norway couldn´t have had it easy with scandals during many Years. But it must have been love between their Crown Princes and their consorts, because else they couldn't have the energy to enforce their will the way they've did. Things are the way they are and even if I don't like everything about it I'm glad for the Monarchy when things seem to be good. :) That's better then "worse".
Old 10-25-2005, 06:32 PM

Re:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4376894.stm

The BBC slideshow - at last...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Diana was given the Royal Family Order automatically upon her marraige to Charles. I see it hasn't happened for Camilla.
It's inevitable the Queen will grant Camilla her personal order, but since it is within the gift of the Sovereign, it will be given when the Queen is good and ready.

Tags
elizabeth ii, king harald, norway, official visit, queen elizabeth ii, queen sonja