The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
And before that they bowed to The Pope.
Yes, people still bow to the Pope but I don't believe that they think he is God -- just given god-like powers to change the thinking of his followers. They believe that he, thru prayer, is told directly by God what to do. But he is not God.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Wensday 9/3 the danish TV 2 is broadcasting the first programme in a series called: Meet the Natives.

In the appetiser is written:

"Normally, it is the white men who go to remote parts of the world for filming the natives, but in this series it is five lightly dressed men from the tropical island of Tanna in the South Pacific, who has decided to look at how life is lived in the cold and remote archipelago, known as the United Kingdom. On Tanna they consider the English as their lost brothers, and they are convinced that Prince Philip is the son of their god. Yapa, Albi, Plastic Bag, Joel and JJ, must be in the country for six weeks and they have promised their chieftain to try to get a message back from Prince Phillip".

I am looking very much forward to watching this series.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Commoner

No, I do not, but then I am American. However, I do believe that HM's life has been based on service, which is serving God.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 AM

henry viii thought he was God's messenger on earth. So he thought he was pretty god-like.
also, sticking it to the pope and catholisim, sort of gives an indication of his so called divinity
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Commoner

Well Porknight, the Queen is most certainly not a God. As has been said, she is the head of state. As the Pope is not a God, but the leader of a faith, so is the Queen.

Many years ago, back in the days when your decendants invaded this fine country I live in, Roylaty and Emporers may have been seen as Gods, but reality has now set in and we respect that they are human beings with the frailties and emotions of all humans. They are just particularly good at what they do and how they represent us.

Just an afterthought too. I don't recall that HM has ever professed to be a God, or any of her immediate descendants.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Ifmeister, I believe the word you wanted to use was "ancestors, not "descendants".
Old 09-14-2008, 03:08 PM

British Royals and the Occult

I saw an interview of HRH Prince Charles in which he talked about being the houseguest of other aristocrats and being put up in the huge ancient room and bed that once been slept in by Charles I. He said he was hardly 12 yrs old and terrified the entire night. It got me thinking, since many statley homes come replete with ghosts , have the royals ever commented on occult phenom. occuring in their homes, or spirits pestering the monarchs..?
I know Queen Victoria saw and apparation of Elizabeth I and this story circulated much in the 1800's press but was squished in the much of the 20th cent. journals.
I am open minded about parapsychology and suspect that monarchs and other royals would be targets for both visitations and imaginative embelishments. Banter anyone?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know some of the royal residences are supposed to be haunted, but I don't know if the royals themselves have ever talked about it.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Hey E, I am trying to remember if David used to have sceances and ouija boards at his place with Thelma Furness and Wallis and co? Do you remember reading something about that?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not off-hand, although I wouldn't be surprised. That was the sort of pastime that had its popular phases.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Not off-hand, although I wouldn't be surprised. That was the sort of pastime that had its popular phases.
Well It wasn't in "The Heart has it's Reasons" nor David's auto-bio. But there was another one I read that had something like that in it and I forgot about it. Sucks to get old!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Both Duchess Fergie and Diana, Princess of Wales relied on the Occult.

Fergie got Diana involved with the New Age Movement.

It is stated in various books, on Diana, Princess of Wales, that Diana got future revelations from pychics. One prediction she got was that Prince Charles was going to be killed in a car accident and not become King of England. So much for pychics in my opionion.

Does anyone know if Prince Charles tried the occult to talk with his assinated uncle?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

Does anyone know if Prince Charles tried the occult to talk with his assinated uncle?
That doesn't sound to me like anything Prince Charles would do, but then again one never knows. . . .
Old 09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Both Duchess Fergie and Diana, Princess of Wales relied on the Occult.

Fergie got Diana involved with the New Age Movement.

It is stated in various books, on Diana, Princess of Wales, that Diana got future revelations from pychics. One prediction she got was that Prince Charles was going to be killed in a car accident and not become King of England. So much for pychics in my opionion.

New Age is not necessarily 'occult'.

Diana did become heavily involved with all sorts of, to me, weird things. The enemas, the psychics, astrologers.

I can't imagine Charles doing anything of the sort.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:29 AM

occult

Charles is far more likely to be new age-y and less occult-y I am sure , as far as "david" or HRH the Duke Of Windsor I would suspect that the pursuit of spiritual passtimes werent tickling his fancy, Ouiji boards were clearly late Victorian,certainly Edwardian fads.
My comments come from the passing beleif in paranormal and the fact that the links to the past demontsrated in HM the Queens use of jewels to reach back and bond with tradition makes me suspect that there must be talks at ol' Balmoral about "bumps in the night " and ghostly sightings... the royals may be above alot of things in life but they certainly cant be above a good ghost story ,,, cant one see HG Philip tellling the kiddies scarey stories and then packing them off to a disgruntled nanny?
Old 09-21-2008, 04:01 PM

pm...?

deleted by writer
Russopphile , I wish to withdraw from you and your comments.Please permitt that boundary
Old 09-22-2008, 04:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Ifmeister, I believe the word you wanted to use was "ancestors, not "descendants".
I meant Charles, who does have some odd beliefs and his two sons (All of whom could become head of state).
Old 09-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Definitely no.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifmeister View Post
I meant Charles, who does have some odd beliefs and his two sons (All of whom could become head of state).
I was referring to this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifmeister View Post
Many years ago, back in the days when your decendants invaded this fine country I live in....
If you were speaking about Prince Charles, many years ago his descendants did not even exist. I do believe that you meant to refer to his ancestors.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

With all due respect, I think that's a lot of conjecture and the mods and admins would like to stick to the truth, but I can't speak for them. . .

Tags
elizabeth ii, god, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii, religion, royal, royalty