Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Congratulations to the couple! I hope they will have a happy marriage.
At the same time, I can not help, but wonder what Princess Michael really thinks of this union...
Because Fred's fiancee isn't royal or aristocratic, you mean?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 02-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

Somone on another site said Ms. Winkelman is Jewish. Does this mean their children will be raised Jewish? Does this mean that Lord F. has been excluded from his place in line to the throne (not that it really matters as he's so far down to ever sit upon it, but still . . . ) or it that only if he were to marry a Catholic? Have any other people of the Jewish faith married into the BRF in recent times?

Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Because Fred's fiancee isn't royal or aristocratic, you mean?
I always expected Princess Michael's son to be married to a lady equal to him or a member of some "old money" family. I just dare to presume that a bohemian profession such as acting is not Princess Michael's cup of tea. Well... I might be wrong ... It remains to be seen how things will turn out for the couple in question.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I always expected Princess Michael's son to be married to a lady equal to him or a member of "old money" family. I just dare to presume that a bohemian profession such as actresses is not Princess Michael's cup of tea, so to speak. Well... I might be wrong ... It remains to be seen how things will turn out for the couple in question.
Okay, now I understand what you mean, Al_bina.

Quote:
Somone on another site said Ms. Winkelman is Jewish. Does this mean their children will be raised Jewish? Does this mean that Lord F. has been excluded from his place in line to the throne (not that it really matters as he's so far down to ever sit upon it, but still . . . ) or it that only if he were to marry a Catholic? Have any other people of the Jewish faith married into the BRF in recent times?
A person in the line of succession who marries someone of the Jewish faith retains his/her place. The only prohibition is on marrying Roman Catholics.

HM The Queen
Old 02-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a serious question. Why does Lord Frederick always looks like he's hill? His complexion always has a terrible colour.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Hi,

Well, congratulations to Lord Freddie and his Lady Sophie...

He always reminded me of the Duke of Clarence in looks. And, you're right, he does look ill - pasty & dark circled eyes!!

Larry
Old 02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Re: Possible guests and venue(s) for the wedding and reception.

Congrats to the happy couple. Perhaps, the Queen, her children and all her grandchildren shall attend the wedding and the reception later this year.

Does anyone think that the wedding shall be at St. George's chapel at Windsor or perhaps the Chapel Royal where Lady Rose Windsor was married last year to Mr. George Gillman?

Perhaps, the reception shall be a Kensington Palace. It would be great to have their reception at Hampton Court Palace.

Which other venues for the wedding and the reception would be chosen by Lord Frederick Windsor and his fiancee Sophie Winkleman?

Does anyone know where Miss Sophie Winkleman was born, raised and educated?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchiolarry View Post
He always reminded me of the Duke of Clarence in looks.
Me, too: http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v...redwindsor.jpg

Here's something I was thinking about: when's the last time a royal man whose only title was "Lord" married? Won't this be our first new "Lady ______ Windsor" in quite a while? Lady Sophie Windsor does sound quite well, I think.

HM The Queen
Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

Sophie Winkleman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this has info on it...sorry if its already been posted.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
when's the last time a royal man whose only title was "Lord" married?
Lord Nicholas Windsor, late 2006.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

congratulations to Freddie and Sophie

I wonder will we see many pictures of the wedding - i couldnt image a big turn out of the major royals but would say that it will be well attended by the gloucesters and kents

Old 02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Me, too: http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v...redwindsor.jpg

Here's something I was thinking about: when's the last time a royal man whose only title was "Lord" married? Won't this be our first new "Lady ______ Windsor" in quite a while? Lady Sophie Windsor does sound quite well, I think.
She won't be Lady Sophie Windsor but Lady Frederick Windsor, women in the UK take on their husband's titles. She would be Lady Sophie if her father were an Earl or Duke.

Lord Nicholas Windsor's wife Paola is Lady Nicholas Windsor.

Sophie Winkleman isn't Jewish, her father is self-described as a 'non-practising jew'. Her mother is not Jewish, since both the jewish faith and ethnicity passes through the maternal line, Sophie wouldn't be considered Jewish. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she's Anglican.

The children of minor royals have chosen smaller venues for their weddings, the chapel at Kensington Palace, the Chapel royal at St James's so if they choose a royal venue, it will probably be one of those.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
congratulations to Freddie and Sophie

I wonder will we see many pictures of the wedding - i couldnt image a big turn out of the major royals but would say that it will be well attended by the gloucesters and kents
I wouldn't be too sure of that. I guess it would depend on the actual date. The last minor royal to get married was Lady Rose Windsor. The Queen and Prince Phillip didn't attend but I believe Edward, Sophie and even Anne was there.

According to wikipedia, she is filming Robin Hood in Budapest. I wonder who is she playing?!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow there will be an actress in the Royal Family.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to Lord Frederick and Miss Winkelman

Lord Freddie Windsor the former royal rebel to settle down with Sophie Winkleman - Telegraph

Freddies frieri gick hem! - Svensk Damtidning
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator

The photograph of Lord Frederick in this Daily Mail link is far more complimentary than the usual pics we see.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The photograph of Lord Frederick in this Daily Mail link is far more complimentary than the usual pics we see.
He actually looks very good in this picture, they usually show pictures where he could be mistaken for a zombie. I like this photo and they look a very attractive couple, I hope it works out for them and they are very happy together.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonder when the Hello or OK magazine spread will follow?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Definitley Hello! following the suit of Autumn and Peter.
I couldn't believe that dear Freddie Windsor is engaged, quite a shock actually.
Looking forward i think.
I have a strange feeling, something is going to go wrong??

x
Old 02-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

Aww...... CONGRATULATIONS AND GOD BLESS TO THE COUPLE!! I cannot wait for September's royal wedding!!!

Tags
lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman