Lord Frederick Windsor News 1: July 2003-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed that he is getting engaged before his sister. I remember her from The Palace where she played a magnificent b****.
They suit each other imo, so congratulations.

Nice new face in British royal family :flowers::wub::britflag: I love royal wedding:twohearts::heartflower:

Erm, it's Winkleman, not Winkelman. </editor mode>

I wonder where the wedding will take place. I know the Michaels are pretty junior royals, but somehow I can't see this wedding being as low-key as the Gloucester ones have been.

I do not see any senior royals attending this wedding. Zara Phillips, Mr and Mrs Peter Phillips, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugine, and Earl and Countess of Wessex may be ... If there are any Hello! spreads/photoshoots involved, the aforementioned royals may also be unable to attend this joyous event due to various reasons. It remains to be see who will attend and where the wedding takes place. The wedding of Lady Rose and Peter Gillman was both beautiful and dignified event. I expect aristocratic gatherings to be like it. It would have been wise on the part of Lord Frederic and Ms. Winkleman to follow the suit.

Are any of the senior royals a godparent to Lord Freddie? If that's the case, I'm sure they'll attend. Is L Freddie close w Prince Wm? I thought I had read someplace that they were. So I wonder if Prince Wm will be there. Also, where he doesn't have any brothers, I wonder who he'll ask to stand up for him?

Lets' not forget that Lady Helen Windsor and James Ogilvy, Freddie's cousins, had very grand weddings attended by almost all the Royal Family including the Queen. The Kents may be "junior" in the line of succession but they are senior in the eyes of the Queen as family members who have been with her since she was a child and she is close to them on a personal level. I would not be surprised if she attended as she is said to be very fond of Prince Michael and even if she dosn't I am sure there will be many other Royals there.

P.S. I wonder if this is a sign that William won't marry this year as it's unusual to have two Royal weddings in the same year. I know Peter Philips and Rose Windsor did but I think that is the only time it has happened.

I wonder at what stage over the last hundred or so years that actresses became socially acceptable.

During the time she was Bertie's mistress, Lillie Langtry was accepted by society, including The Princess of Wales, but as soon as she became a professional actress society promptly closed its doors on her. As Princess Michael said in "Cupid and the King", "An actress was not regarded as a lady".

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Princess Michael's love of academia I am sure that she has the greatest respect for this Cambridge graduate "actress".

Hi Roslyn,

I think actors and actresses became socially acceptable when the monarch started granting them knighthoods and they became 'Sir', 'Lord' and 'Dame' & 'Lady'...

Also, some like Gloria Swanson married a French Marquis. And even before, Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks entertained the Mountbattens at Pickfair....

I've even seen a picture of George V and Queen Mary greeting Charlie Chaplin in the 20's at a premier....

Larry

I remember hearing an interview with Sophie's half sister the presenter Claudia Winkleman and she was asked about the relationship or something along those lines and she replied that she wouldnt comment on the private life of Sophie - which is great that the Winkleman's avoid generating publicity of a royal connection albeit minor

I wonder will she use the title Lady Frederick Windsor but i would image she will probably continue professionally as Sophie Winkleman. I know that Lady Rose Windsor (now Gilman) used just Rose Windsor in the credits of the last Harry Potter film

I wonder at what stage over the last hundred or so years that actresses became socially acceptable.

Well, it may be different for actresses rather than actors, but Daniel Chatto was a working actor twenty years ago before he married Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. He even played Prince Andrew in one of those "Charles & Di" TV movies.

It was interesting to watch some scenes from a "Charles and Diana" movie on YouTube lately and see Lady Sarah's husband--long before he really was a member of the family.:)

I Think theyll marry at Westminster Bestman maybe Lord Nicholas or The Earl of St Andrews.

I Think theyll marry at Westminster Bestman maybe Lord Nicholas or The Earl of St Andrews.

Perhaps, but I cannot see this wedding being on such a grand scale myself. And I'm not sure about the Earl of St Andrews or Lord Nicholas Windsor as attendants. They are many years older than Lord Frederick and he may be more inclined to ask friends rather than relatives to attend him as seems more usual these days.

I don't think they will marry in Westminster Abbey, a low key ceremony maybe in the grounds of a palace not neccesarily a church. Or somewhere exotic on a far away island (We can dream) he is after all marrying a actress.

x

My congratulations to the couple!!!

I am curious about Miss Winkelman's religion of choice. I saw on another group that her father is a non-practicing Jew and her mother's maiden name was McDonald or MacDonald, so what is she, if anything?

I presume her religious background might influence where the nuptials take place.

Honestly, I've always found Lord F very handsome. I like the pale skin/dark hair contrast, LOVE those huge eyes, even the pallor and the circles beneath the eyes (I suffer badly from both so I can totally relate) only give him a sort of ghoulish quality I personally find appealing. And I know I'm not the only one.

I once lived near Boris Karloff in London......definitely not my type but I admit to having had circles under my eyes after studying for an exam.
She is a very pretty girl and I am sure that wherever the wedding will be she will make a beautiful bride and she will have to be as her future mother-in-law usually does her best to outshine everyone at events - and manages it too.

I what tiara MC will loan her future d-i-l for the wedding, she will look ravishing:w00t2:

Very nice photo, thanks queenofthelight. Now really, how can anyone not find this man handsome?! Esp. all dressed up.
Menarue, the Boris Karloff comment made me laugh so hard I spilled my cofffee.

It would be nice if Sophie wore the diamond fringe tiara as it was worn by Freddie's mum on her wedding day and by his aunt Alexandra and grandmother Princesss Marina on theirs.

During the time she was Bertie's mistress, Lillie Langtry was accepted by society, including The Princess of Wales, but as soon as she became a professional actress society promptly closed its doors on her. As Princess Michael said in "Cupid and the King", "An actress was not regarded as a lady".

:bee:
Well for a long time stage actresses supplement their income with prostitution. Even after that practice stopped they were always at the leading edge of sexual freedom and generally bohemian behaviour. That kind of reputation isn't so easy so wash.
I suppose actors became acceptable when society became less hypocritical and conservative, and when being an entertainer stopped being regarded an inferior way of making a living.

IMO, Princess Margaret helped a lot. For all her snobbery, she married a photographer and partied with show-business celebrities.

Not to get off topic completely, but wasn't there was reservations from HM when Lady Sarah wanted to marry Mr. Chatto? I recall reading that Lady S really had to convince HM she was in love w him and he was The One. The gist of this was that HM was being protective of her neice and only wanted the Best for her.

Anyhow, I think that things have indeed changed in terms of marrying into the RF. And Lord F is not HM's nephew.

What will Lord Fredericks Children be called and what when his sister marrys

What will Lord Fredericks Children be called and what when his sister marrys

Master and Miss xxxx Windsor.

Frederick has no title to pass on to his children.

The same when his sister marries - like Lady Sarah Chatto's children they will be Miss or Master xxxxx her married name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom