The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Basically, the Mail has nothing to write about and is trying to stir up a hornet's nest where there isn't one. The Gloucester daughters are higher up in succession than Lord Frederick Windsor.

And honestly, since there is such a fascination with the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's finances would it make sense for them to have an expensive wedding/reception. Everyone would wonder the money is coming from.

And not to get off topic, but notice how no one ever talks about money and the Gloucesters?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
And not to get off topic, but notice how no one ever talks about money and the Gloucesters?
erm' yes, but the G's have behaved quite differently from the michael's, over the years haven't they? No scandals, bad mouthed comments, extravagance or anything else, the Duchess of G would never be caught dead showing as much cleavage as MC in her 60's. So they have basically earned, imho the respect they get from the public and media. You eat the broth you cook!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, we know that Prince and Princess Michael are always bad no matter what they do. What exactly has Lord Frederic done to deserve the media spite? At the same time, I am not surprised to read another bitter article related to the family of Prince and Princess Michael. It is up to Lord Frederic, Ms. Winkleman and their families to decide on the wedding arrangements. It is also nice to know that Lord Frederic, unlike Mr. Peter Philips, has not sold his wedding to some magazine.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Al_bina and Auntie....well..I think its a little of both - behavior of the Duchess of G and the press.

Honestly, Lord Frederick Windsor has been tagged the bad boy and while he has some brushes in the past...the last couple of years he has acted in a decent manner.

In regards to the wedding...I think its the press trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Freddie and Sophie have decided to celebrate their marriage any way that they see fit (at long as it is not embarassing). And if the taxpayer is not paying for it...who cares?

Old 09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Less than 2 weeks til the wedding Sept. 12th.

I noticed in one of the write-ups posted that the reception will be held at Anabell Goldsmith's estate. That's interesting. I didn't know the Kents were friends with the Goldsmith's.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think, Lady Annabel Goldsmith is a very close friend to Princess Michael of Kent.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I believe that's true, Dierna -- it was reported earlier this summer when the news of Annabel's hosting the reception was first printed.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, and there are tons of pictures of Princess M. and Lady Annabel together at various occasions.

Modest wedding for Freddie Windsor and Sophie Winkleman| Showbiz | This is London

There's a picture within this article of Freddie and Sophie with Sophie's parents.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to know that Princess Michael has got close friends such as Lady Annabel. Given the bad press, I thought Princess Michael maintained only some lukewarm acquaintances with other people.
I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella and Princess Michael in some gorgeous ensembles.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Windy and Winky's wobbly wedding: How Lord Freddie Windsor's wedding has spiralled out of control

Quote:
Given the hierarchy of the guest list and the sheer amount of planning involved, the Winklemans were delighted when Marie Christine, Prince Michael’s 45-year-old wife, offered to organise the wedding.
The Princess – nicknamed Princess Pushy for her high-handed manner – has spent six months planning it with Freddie, who works for the bank JP Morgan, and her team of staff at Kensington Palace.

But, less than a week before their daughter’s special day, the parents of the bride are having serious doubts about their decision to hand over the reins.
The DM just can't resist opportunity to have a go at Princess Michael, can it?
Love Windy and Winky though!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

They really can't seem to resist! Most of the article seems like silliness, but if it's true, the nicknames of "Windy" and "Winky" are pretty darned hilarious.

HM The Queen
Old 09-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

No, they can't - the Daily Mail loves its "Princess Pushy" Well, at least we have an insight in the guestlist and it looks like it could be one of the weddings of the year. I don't want to speculate, but if Prince William will attend the wedding I think there are good chances to see Miss Kate M. as well... Btw, a nice picture of Windy and Winky.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'd wager that it's likely Kate would join William if he attends the wedding; she's been his "plus one" at almost all the recent weddings he's attended, I believe. But I do wonder if we'll see him there. Wasn't the earlier news that all three of the Wales princes were not going to attend?

Frankly, I'm most excited to see which tiara Sophie gets to wear!

HM The Queen
Old 09-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Majesty

If William attends I would be very surprised if Kate didn't attend with him.
She has attended a number of weddings with him and even attended Peter Philip's wedding without him.
They are clearly an item and the royal family has moved beyond the days where the mere girlfriend wasn't acknowledged, thank goodness.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Courtier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211585/No-heir-Royal-bride-Sophie-Winkleman-rush-children.html
Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
But I do wonder if we'll see him there. Wasn't the earlier news that all three of the Wales princes were not going to attend?
Well the previous article from Daily Mail says:

"The couple's marriage at Hampton Court has been tipped as the society wedding of the year, with guests including Princes William and Harry and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie."

I think this wedding will be only attended by the younger generation of Royals, except the Duke and Duchess of Kent of course.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It sounds like Princess Michael has become a bridezilla at her own son's wedding. I wonder if perhaps she's trying to compensate for being denied a very grand royal wedding all of her own. Freddie and his fiancee might have done better by eloping, poor things, rather than saddling themselves or Sophie's parents with this debt.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Let's not put the cart before the horse. This is the Daily Mail after all...and they have been spinning all types of information regarding this wedding since the engagement was announced.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hardly agree. The DM articles sound like the typical propaganda and polemic against "Princess Pushy". We will see things more clear on Saturday! And my goodness, Sophie Winkleman will be the most beautiful female member in the House of Windsor IMO...
Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, today the Daily Mail reports that only Princess Eugenie will attend the wedding of Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman

Royal wedding of the year? Not likely - only Princess Eugenie is likely to attend | Mail Online

If some of the excuses are true, I find it a bit sad.

And here's an article from The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/se...-royal-wedding

Tags
lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman