The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

I am amazed that he is getting engaged before his sister. I remember her from The Palace where she played a magnificent b****.
They suit each other imo, so congratulations.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Nice new face in British royal family I love royal wedding
Old 02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Erm, it's Winkleman, not Winkelman. </editor mode>

I wonder where the wedding will take place. I know the Michaels are pretty junior royals, but somehow I can't see this wedding being as low-key as the Gloucester ones have been.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I do not see any senior royals attending this wedding. Zara Phillips, Mr and Mrs Peter Phillips, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugine, and Earl and Countess of Wessex may be ... If there are any Hello! spreads/photoshoots involved, the aforementioned royals may also be unable to attend this joyous event due to various reasons. It remains to be see who will attend and where the wedding takes place. The wedding of Lady Rose and Peter Gillman was both beautiful and dignified event. I expect aristocratic gatherings to be like it. It would have been wise on the part of Lord Frederic and Ms. Winkleman to follow the suit.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Are any of the senior royals a godparent to Lord Freddie? If that's the case, I'm sure they'll attend. Is L Freddie close w Prince Wm? I thought I had read someplace that they were. So I wonder if Prince Wm will be there. Also, where he doesn't have any brothers, I wonder who he'll ask to stand up for him?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Lets' not forget that Lady Helen Windsor and James Ogilvy, Freddie's cousins, had very grand weddings attended by almost all the Royal Family including the Queen. The Kents may be "junior" in the line of succession but they are senior in the eyes of the Queen as family members who have been with her since she was a child and she is close to them on a personal level. I would not be surprised if she attended as she is said to be very fond of Prince Michael and even if she dosn't I am sure there will be many other Royals there.

P.S. I wonder if this is a sign that William won't marry this year as it's unusual to have two Royal weddings in the same year. I know Peter Philips and Rose Windsor did but I think that is the only time it has happened.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder at what stage over the last hundred or so years that actresses became socially acceptable.

During the time she was Bertie's mistress, Lillie Langtry was accepted by society, including The Princess of Wales, but as soon as she became a professional actress society promptly closed its doors on her. As Princess Michael said in "Cupid and the King", "An actress was not regarded as a lady".
Old 02-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Knowing Princess Michael's love of academia I am sure that she has the greatest respect for this Cambridge graduate "actress".
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Hi Roslyn,

I think actors and actresses became socially acceptable when the monarch started granting them knighthoods and they became 'Sir', 'Lord' and 'Dame' & 'Lady'...

Also, some like Gloria Swanson married a French Marquis. And even before, Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks entertained the Mountbattens at Pickfair....

I've even seen a picture of George V and Queen Mary greeting Charlie Chaplin in the 20's at a premier....

Larry
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I remember hearing an interview with Sophie's half sister the presenter Claudia Winkleman and she was asked about the relationship or something along those lines and she replied that she wouldnt comment on the private life of Sophie - which is great that the Winkleman's avoid generating publicity of a royal connection albeit minor

I wonder will she use the title Lady Frederick Windsor but i would image she will probably continue professionally as Sophie Winkleman. I know that Lady Rose Windsor (now Gilman) used just Rose Windsor in the credits of the last Harry Potter film

Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I wonder at what stage over the last hundred or so years that actresses became socially acceptable.
Well, it may be different for actresses rather than actors, but Daniel Chatto was a working actor twenty years ago before he married Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. He even played Prince Andrew in one of those "Charles & Di" TV movies.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

It was interesting to watch some scenes from a "Charles and Diana" movie on YouTube lately and see Lady Sarah's husband--long before he really was a member of the family.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I Think theyll marry at Westminster Bestman maybe Lord Nicholas or The Earl of St Andrews.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
I Think theyll marry at Westminster Bestman maybe Lord Nicholas or The Earl of St Andrews.
Perhaps, but I cannot see this wedding being on such a grand scale myself. And I'm not sure about the Earl of St Andrews or Lord Nicholas Windsor as attendants. They are many years older than Lord Frederick and he may be more inclined to ask friends rather than relatives to attend him as seems more usual these days.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
I don't think they will marry in Westminster Abbey, a low key ceremony maybe in the grounds of a palace not neccesarily a church. Or somewhere exotic on a far away island (We can dream) he is after all marrying a actress.

x
Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I have found one old photo....
That was made in 2006.
http://s5.tinypic.com/34h992w.jpg

Lord Freddie with his sister - Ella (2007)
http://s5.tinypic.com/es2441.jpg
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

My congratulations to the couple!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am curious about Miss Winkelman's religion of choice. I saw on another group that her father is a non-practicing Jew and her mother's maiden name was McDonald or MacDonald, so what is she, if anything?

I presume her religious background might influence where the nuptials take place.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

That's actually a very good picture of Lord Frederick Windsor. He looks sporty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
I have found one old photo....
That was made in 2006.
http://s5.tinypic.com/34h992w.jpg

Tags
lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman