Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How GHASTLY for Lady Frederick, her hubby, and Family. I wish her a full, and speedy recovery.

That’s very true. Although, many drivers can’t imagine hitting a squirrel yet alone a deer. Hit that thing and keep going I’d say.

Usually they come out of the ditch and across the road so fast (in low light situations dusk/dawn) you don't have much of a chance to avoid hitting them. I just grip the wheel and hit the brake! I can't even remember how many near misses I've had.

LaRae

We have over 1 million deer in my state. Drivers hitting deer is common (I've hit 2 in the last 20 years).

Drivers are told often don't swerve! The accident is almost always worse when you swerve to avoid the deer.

LaRae

We're taught the opposite here, unless of course swerving means going into oncoming traffic, and I suspect the driver perhaps didn't see them coming. Unfortunately deer can and will go through your windshield and can kill you. When I was living in BC and driving country roads, my dad told me it was safer to go into a ditch then it was to hit a deer.

That’s very true. Although, many drivers can’t imagine hitting a squirrel yet alone a deer. Hit that thing and keep going I’d say.

The squirell perhaps, but you hit a deer, unless driving a huge semi, you aren't just going to hit it and keep going.

Hope we get some news on Sophie. A broken back may not be life threatening but if that part is true, she likely has quite a long recovery ahead of her.

We have over 1 million deer in my state. Drivers hitting deer is common (I've hit 2 in the last 20 years).

Drivers are told often don't swerve! The accident is almost always worse when you swerve to avoid the deer.

LaRae

This was my exact reaction! Don’t swerve to miss hitting an animal! That’s what makes the accident worse.

You slow down, you duck down, and you (sadly) very likely hit the deer.

Having been in an accident with a deer before, i can assure you “keep going” is not a great thing to do. You should be stopping, calling the police, and making sure your vehicle is safe to drive. The police will take care of the deer (so it’s not left sitting on the road for other vehicles to hit), and having a police report will make filing the insurance claim on your vehicle a lot easier.

Here if you hit a deer (it's a rural area) you can contact the Dept of Conservation and ask to take the deer for meat. Otherwise you can leave it where it is (as long as it's not in the roadway). You don't need to call police etc unless other cars are involved.

The only person you need to call is your insurance company.

LaRae

My heart is with Lady Frederick Windsor, Freddy and the kids and their whole family.

Oh gosh, it seems like this was a serious accident, I wish Sophie a quick recovery and that she will still be able to enjoy her Christmas - it can't be fun being stuck in a hospital bed over the festive season. Hopefully Maude and Isabella will make her some Christmas presents to cheer her up ?
As sad and harsh as it sounds, I do agree with those who have said the safest solution is to not avoid the deer. It's safer to avoid injuring yourself and your passengers. It is a difficult situation to be in though - my mother beeps her horn even at little birds standing in the road.

Prayers to Sophie for a speedy recovery. How horrible. She and Frederick seem to be such nice and good people.

What awful news & so close to the Holidays. I think we all know what 2 little girls will be asking Father Christmas when they see him. [emoji20]

Living in a Rural area, Deer are everywhere & hardly a week goes by w/out somebody having a run in w/one. This time of year especially w/the rut going on & all those little fawns we'll see in the Spring are being created. Really need to keep your head on a swivel.

Wishing Sophie a full recovery!!

I dread the thought of hitting a deer.
My father did, and it totaled his car.
There is almost always massive damage, but it is very difficult to avoid, because often they run right into the car.

Where I live, its dense tree line right up to the sides of the road and not unusual for a deer to come bounding out in the direct paths of cars. We've had so many near misses that its impossible to count. It never fails though to bring a big smile to our faces as these are animals that are so beautiful and graceful that we'll take a minute or three before continuing on as sometimes the family follows the first deer into the road.

Anyone knows how tall is Lady Amalia? She is working as a model but for me in the photos she doesn't look too tall, may be 5'1 - 160 cm?

Is this a brother of the Duchess of Cornwall?

Yes. The event was not only an exhibition but an auction. It included both his photographs and some statues and such he had collected in his travels. The funds were being raised for his elephant charity. It was hosted by Camilla's niece.

https://www.vanityfair.com/alist/photos/2018/02/mark-shand-adventures-and-his-cabinet-of-curiosities

Any news on how Sophie is doing?

Unfortunately there hasn't been many updates on Sophie.

Last edited:
Probably she is undergoing rehabilitation.

As it was suggested she broke her back (though recoverable with therapy) as well as her foot, she likely has long months of recovery ahead of her.

:previous:
Thanks for the update!
It is great to see Lady Frederic attending the races.

Great relief that she didn't end in a wheelchair.

It's great to see Sophie looking so well. She looks gorgeous - I'd never have guessed that she was in a bad accident not too long ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I cant even imagine. Glad she is doing better and recovering. It really is a miracle that she wasn't killed or paralyzed by it.

Nice mention of Charles having his chef prepare the family's meals for them for the month she was in the hospital, and after when home and disabled. :flowers: For royals, something so small, but for Freddie worrying about his 2 daughters, and his wife in the hospital and through therapy, was likely a huge relief off his shoulders during it.

Oh Jesus, I’m glad Sophie has been recovering well after that horrifying car crash. I know the family is frightened to death of anyone getting into a crash again, so it’s great that they’ve been supporting her and the family.

I'm glad that Sophie has made a recovery. It must have been a terrifying experience. So lovely to hear of the gestures from Charles - I've started to warm up to him more lately.

Wow, I cant even imagine. Glad she is doing better and recovering. It really is a miracle that she wasn't killed or paralyzed by it.

Nice mention of Charles having his chef prepare the family's meals for them for the month she was in the hospital, and after when home and disabled. :flowers: For royals, something so small, but for Freddie worrying about his 2 daughters, and his wife in the hospital and through therapy, was likely a huge relief off his shoulders during it.

Nice mention of William as well

“She also reveals how the Duke of Cambridge, her husband's cousin, personally phoned the hospital to ensure she was well looked after. "I heard from pretty much every member of Freddie's family, I was spoiled to bits by them," she reveals.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom