Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Osipi I listed the relationship of George & Maud in 2 posts on the last page, they are cousins through both the Queen/Prince George The Duke of Kent and Prince Phillip/Princess Marina lines.
Maud's great grandmother (Marina) was the granddaughter of King George of the Hellenes and her grandfather (Prince Michael) the grandson of King George V.
George's great grandfather (Phillip) is also the grandson of King George of the Hellenes and George's great grandmother (QEII) is the granddaughter of King George V.
As for QEII & Phillip's relationship to each other - all I remember is that they both descend from Queen Victoria :) and she had so many children who married into so many Royal families that it's a tangled web to figure out who's related to whom for me.

You did a wonderful job explaining how George and Maud are distantly related. It is a tangled, intricate web that very easy comfuzzles me. I just wasn't sure if the relativity of their relatedness was that George and Maud are more distantly related than the Queen and Philip are.

I think too that as Victoria had a lot of children that did a lot of begetting children, with the Queen's longevity, a lot of her family tree remains alive and well to this day instead of being resigned to dusty archives. ?

You did a wonderful job explaining how George and Maud are distantly related. It is a tangled, intricate web that very easy comfuzzles me. I just wasn't sure if the relativity of their relatedness was that George and Maud are more distantly related than the Queen and Philip are.

I think too that as Victoria had a lot of children that did a lot of begetting children, with the Queen's longevity, a lot of her family tree remains alive and well to this day instead of being resigned to dusty archives. ?

The Queen and Philip are second cousins once removed through Christian IX of Denmark line.
They are third cousins through Queen Victoria's line.

Prince George and Maud are third cousins once removed through British line and fourth cousins through Greek line. They are more distant cousins.

Victoria - Edward VII - George V - George VI - Elizabeth therefore a great-great-grandchild
Victoria - Alice - Victoria - Alice - Philip therefore a great-great-grandchild

Same number of generations from Victoria

Christian IX of Denmark - Alexandra - George V - George VI - Elizabeth therefore a great-great-grandchild
Christian IX of Denmark - William (George I of the Hellenes) - Andrew - Philip therefore a great-grandchild

Philip is one less generation removed from Christian IX

George V - George VI - Elizabeth - Charles - William - George therefore a great-great-great-grandchild
George V - George, Duke of Kent - Michael - Frederick - Maud therefore a great-great-grandchild

Maud is the same generation in descent from George V as is William

George I - Andrew - Philip - Charles - William - George therefore a great-great-great-grandchild
George I - Nicholas - Marina - Michael - Frederick - Maud therefore a great-great-great-grandchild

Therefore same generation for George I of the Hellenes

It's been reported in the press.

There are three reception classes in that school; George and Maud are in the same one (a class of 21).

Did the school tell the press that or are the press making assumption?

HRH The Prince George of Cambridge and Hon. Maud Windsor... Would be awesome. It happens: childhood friends becoming partners. Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands kew Laurentien all his life long, since their parents are befriended since university in the early 1960's.
Not to seem too picky, but Maud is "Miss Maud Windsor" - not "The Honourable." "Honourables" are the children of Viscounts and Barons, and the younger sons of Earls. George V's Letters Patent of 1917 made no special provisions for the grandchildren of younger sons of Royal Dukes so they are plain "Miss" or "Mister." :flowers:

We knew nothing about them before.
Why did they decide to put Miss Maud in the same School as Prince George. I saw Lord Frederick not that happy to see the press.

Why did they decide to put Miss Maud in the same School as Prince George. I saw Lord Frederick not that happy to see the press.

Why does it have to be Maud in the same school as George? Frederick and Sophie could have decided ages ago to send Maud to Thomas'.

Everyone expected George to go somewhere else.

They would have sent her there because it's a good school that suits them

I wouldn't say we knew nothing; there were lots of pictures of their wedding at Hampton Court.

Since Maud and George are the same age, I think it's probable that both sets of parents discussed potential schools beforehand, since we know they see each other on occasion.
:flowers:

For those in London, approximately how many preschools would have been under serious consideration for Prince George? Perhaps a handful? In my previous town, there were only 2 considered top tier - and that was where you’d find the children of wealth and fame. I would imagine George/Catherine and Frederick/Sophie were probably looking at the same pool of schools. Is that a fair assumption?

Why shouldn't they send Maud to the same school as George? I doubt if Fred was "not happy to see the press" since he must have expected press attention, when G was starting school on the same day as his daughter.. and he hasnt' been averse to press attention in the past anway.

Why does it have to be Maud in the same school as George? Frederick and Sophie could have decided ages ago to send Maud to Thomas'.

Good point and Thomas' takes girls whereas some of the other schools suggested for George were boys only so it's very possible that Maud was going here anyway before the Cambridges had decided for George.

Yes, indeed. Especially considering some of the top preschools in London, you have to put your kids name down years in advance. Unless you are someone like Prince George. Its highly likely the decision to send Maude there was decided quite some time before.

Possible broken back that doesn't sound good. Wow sending good thoughts to her on her recovery :flowers:

I hope Lady Fredrick and all those involved in the accident are ok. While there may be only six comments on this article, most of them have several hundred upvotes, one of them has 500 upvotes, the most I've ever seen for a royal article. People must really like and care for Sophie.

Best wishes to Sophie for a complete & quick recovery.

I wish Lady Frederic a speedy recovery.

According to the Mail on Sunday, Ms Winkleman was sitting in the back seat of a chauffeur-driven car another vehicle swerved into the car while trying to avoid a deer.
Four ambulance crews and an air ambulance were dispatched to the scene where Ms Winkleman was treated and admitted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
She was later transferred to London’s Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
The accident happened ten days ago, and members of her family including Prince Michael have visited her in hospital.

A phone call that no one ever expects or wishes to receive. :sad: I've received more than my share and I would not wish it on anyone. I hope that all who were injured recover quickly and thoroughly.

Is it their daughter that is at school with George? Or have I got the wrong one

Yes their dautgher Maud is at G's school. THey have another daughter, who is about 1 or 2. Sophie was in "Two and a half men" when Charlie Sheen left.. (it was terrible then but I've watched a few eps with her...
Now she and her family are based in the UK again....

How shocking ,wishing Sophie the very best following that terrible accident.

sounds like a very dramatic accident. from what i see the other driver swivelled when he was trying to avoid hitting a deer on the road and hit sophie's car. she was being driven by a chaffeur. all 3 drivers and passengers appear to have injuries but it sounds like all are recoverable injuries and none are life-threatening in any way, so it is just more about the painful, slow recovery process than anything else.

We have over 1 million deer in my state. Drivers hitting deer is common (I've hit 2 in the last 20 years).

Drivers are told often don't swerve! The accident is almost always worse when you swerve to avoid the deer.

LaRae

That's really bad news. That sounds as if it will be a very long recovery. Hope she will recover completely and no longer in pain.

I wish Lady Frederic a speedy recovery.

We have over 1 million deer in my state. Drivers hitting deer is common (I've hit 2 in the last 20 years).

Drivers are told often don't swerve! The accident is almost always worse when you swerve to avoid the deer.

LaRae

That’s very true. Although, many drivers can’t imagine hitting a squirrel yet alone a deer. Hit that thing and keep going I’d say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom