Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update!
It is great that Lord Frederic and his wife sent their daughter to the school in UK. Maud is an adorable little girl.

The couple have been living in London since at least February 2016. It was said at the time of the birth of Isabella, that they had decided to move back permanently and raise the girls closer to family.

:previous:
I have not been aware of this fact. I thought Lord Frederic was busy with his career in finances in USA, while Sophie had acting jobs in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Trying to work this out in my head...ummm cousin to the Cambridges?

LaRae
I know you know this & I agree the cousin link is pretty attenuated by now, although I do believe that because of the very early death of Prince George, the Duke of Kent, his offspring were rather close to King George VI and the Queen mother.
The relationship is:
King George V - King George VI (Bertie) - Queen Elizabeth II - Charles - William - George
King George V - Prince George the Duke of Kent - Prince Michael of Kent - Lord Frederick - Maud

Thanks everyone...I thought some sort of cousins...but wasn't sure how far down the line!

LaRae

I have not been aware of this fact. I thought Lord Frederic was busy with his financial career in USA, while Sophie had acting jobs in Hollywood.

I believe he works for a London bank now, but I forget which.

Wonder who chose Thomas' first, the Cambridges or the Windsors?
It would be odd if neither set of parents knew about the other.

I have not been aware of this fact. I thought Lord Frederic was busy with his financial career in USA, while Sophie had acting jobs in Hollywood.

Not sure about her acting now a days, but his job continues the same. He has been working with JPMorgan since 2006. He has simply moved back to the London offices where he started out.

I believe he works for a London bank now, but I forget which. ...
Not sure about her acting now a days, but his job continues the same. He has been working with JPMorgan since 2006. He has simply moved back to the London offices where he started out.
Thanks for the information!
Returning to UK is definitely for the better. Maud and Isabella will have perfect British accents as well as have an opportunity to get a good British education. It is great that Lord Frederic earns his living in turbulent seas of banking and finance.

Last edited:
When I listed the relationship of George and Maud earlier I forgot that they are also cousins via Princess Marina and Prince Phillip:
King George I of the Hellenes - Prince Andrew of Greece - Prince Phillip - Charles - William - George
King George I of the Hellenes - Prince Nicholas of Greece - Princess Marina Duchess of Kent - Prince Michael of Kent - Lord Frederick - Maud

There may be other connections further back, but those are the closest.

Maud is perfectly adorable..can't figure out if she is considered carrot-top or strawberry blonde.

She's cute, but her uniform looks rather large for her.
Is it supposed to look that way?

Its possible that Maud's parents used the time tried and true method of buying school uniforms that my mother did. With how fast children grow at that age, you buy them on the large size and the kid grows into it. :D

Maud looked so adorable. I loved her red bow, and the fact that her skirt was a little big - a smaller size would have been outgrown very quickly probably.

I’m wondering if Frederick and Sophie socialize at all with the Cambridges. They both have young kids, move in the same circles. Does anyone know of a friendship there?

She's cute, but her uniform looks rather large for her.
Is it supposed to look that way?

I made the same observation about her uniform somewhere else...poor baby!:lol:

I’m wondering if Frederick and Sophie socialize at all with the Cambridges. They both have young kids, move in the same circles. Does anyone know of a friendship there?

I think there is; When William entered Eton College, Frederick was already attending there, they surely passed each other in the corridors from time to time (or at occasion of some festivities).

Last edited by a moderator:
What a absolute beauty she is, the perfect English Rose if I have ever seen one.....she is going to be a real beauty as she gets older.

Let's not forget that both William and Frederick were raised in KP when Frederick's parents still live as does William.

I doubt if they are close.

At school 3 years age difference is a big barrier.

William has spent the last 10 years (ish) based in Anglesey and Norfolk, and Frederick has been based in the US.

Possible that with them now both being based in London and children/school in common, that they might become friends.

Let's not forget that both William and Frederick were raised in KP when Frederick's parents still live as does William.

I forgot that they were both raised in KP...

I made the same observation about her uniform somewhere else...poor baby!:lol:

I have a funny feeling her dress is meant to be that long. Some private schools have uniforms like that.

Where do the Windsors live? I wonder if the families knew about their children starting at the same school together. Very possibly of course, there is the KP connection.

I'm not sure, I thought that they were settled in the US, but if they are sending Maud to this school it seems like they are now settled in London. Sophie's job in "2 1/2 Men" is over now and she does not seem to be doing any acting. Perhaps she's being a stay home Mother till her children are older. ANd I'm not sure what Fred does for a living... he used to be with a merchant bank..

I wonder if the families knew about their children starting at the same school together. Very possibly of course, there is the KP connection.

Of course they did...George and Maud being in the same class is not a coincidence, for sure...there was also an interview, few years ago, where Lady Frederick Windsor talked about visiting the Cambridges with Maud when the Duchess was pregnant with Charlotte and how the two kids played with each other. After all, as you said William and Frederick have grown up together as playmamates in KP, along with Gabriela and Harry.

How do we know that George and Maud are in the same class?

How do we know that George and Maud are in the same class?

It's been reported in the press.

There are three reception classes in that school; George and Maud are in the same one (a class of 21).

HRH The Prince George of Cambridge and Hon. Maud Windsor... Would be awesome. It happens: childhood friends becoming partners. Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands kew Laurentien all his life long, since their parents are befriended since university in the early 1960's.

HRH The Prince George of Cambridge and Hon. Maud Windsor... Would be awesome. It happens: childhood friends becoming partners. Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands kew Laurentien all his life long, since their parents are befriended since university in the early 1960's.
I can already see the smug grin of Marie-Christine in Westminster Abbey haha

Last edited:
Gee whiz. The kid has his first day at school and already we need a thread called Relationship Rumors and Suggestions for Prince George. ?

I do have to admit to thinking the same thing though. The relationship between George and Maud, if we analyze it, is more distant I believe than that of the Queen and Philip. Or similar? I forget and am only on my first cup of coffee so my one brain cell isn't firing at full tilt yet. :D

I'm not sure, I thought that they were settled in the US, but if they are sending Maud to this school it seems like they are now settled in London. Sophie's job in "2 1/2 Men" is over now and she does not seem to be doing any acting. Perhaps she's being a stay home Mother till her children are older. ANd I'm not sure what Fred does for a living... he used to be with a merchant bank..

As I mentioned above, they have been living back in London since at least February 2016. When they were interviewed after Isabella was born (in London unlike her sister), they mentioned they moved back so the girls were closer to family. Freddie has been working with JP Morgan since 2006, he just transferred back to their London offices when they moved home.

I can already see the smug grin of Marie-Christine in Westminster Abbey haha
?

Gee whiz. The kid has his first day at school and already we need a thread called Relationship Rumors and Suggestions for Prince George. ?

I do have to admit to thinking the same thing though. The relationship between George and Maud, if we analyze it, is more distant I believe than that of the Queen and Philip. Or similar? I forget and am only on my first cup of coffee so my one brain cell isn't firing at full tilt yet. :D
Osipi I listed the relationship of George & Maud in 2 posts on the last page, they are cousins through both the Queen/Prince George The Duke of Kent and Prince Phillip/Princess Marina lines.
Maud's great grandmother (Marina) was the granddaughter of King George of the Hellenes and her grandfather (Prince Michael) the grandson of King George V.
George's great grandfather (Phillip) is also the grandson of King George of the Hellenes and George's great grandmother (QEII) is the granddaughter of King George V.
As for QEII & Phillip's relationship to each other - all I remember is that they both descend from Queen Victoria :) and she had so many children who married into so many Royal families that it's a tangled web to figure out who's related to whom for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom