The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Lady Gabriella will be a godmother.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

World Exclusive: Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor introduce baby Maud
Picture & article from HelloMagazine.com

Old 09-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Frederick Windsor shares how they chose the name Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina:

"We liked the idea of an old-fashioned English name and there are a couple of Princess Mauds in my father's family from a hundred years ago – one was the youngest daughter of Edward VII who ended up being Queen of Norway, and another a grand-daughter of Edward VII by his daughter Princess Louise.

It's also a beautiful, elegant name and it was always our first choice. Elizabeth is a tribute to the Queen, Daphne is Sophie's grandmother, who she was very close to and Marina is my paternal grandmother."
Old 09-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Michael in the pink as he welcomes Maud: Grandparents opt for matching outfits as their granddaughter is unveiled to the world | Mail Online

Freddie will always look a little, off, to me.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 AM
Majesty

A beautiful family picture and the baby looks adorable. Prince Michael always make sure he gives off that great old Windsor stare.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Princess of Kent touching her daughter-in-law back- it's so nice and protective gesture.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
Princess of Kent touching her daughter-in-law back- it's so nice and protective gesture.
Plus the fact that Prince Michael and Freddie are both holding the chair helps to make it look like this is a close, loving, and protective family, although in Prince Michael's case there's an element to it that suggests that he's standing that way as much for the symbolism of it as to support himself.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Little baby Maud is so adorable.
I'm so delighted to see the happy family!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very nice picture!
Too bad Maud probably won't be a playmate for George, but if Freddie and Sophie live in L.A., they will seldom see each other.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
A beautiful family picture and the baby looks adorable. Prince Michael always make sure he gives off that great old Windsor stare.
I too noticed the the startling "Windsor" looks - although it's really from the Danish grandmother - as it appeared in both George V and Tsar Nicholas II.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie is a beautiful mom, Maude looks like a cute little baby. But egads, that open collar and chain. It sent me back to 1983 and Staying Alive.

Nice photo!
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 09-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

Very beautiful picture. The baby is so cute I just want to hold her...
Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

The photos are lovely, indeed. Prince and Princess Michael must be happy to become grandparents.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

Frederick, Sophie, and little Maud look great. But it's strange to me to see Prince and Princess Michael in such casual clothes. (open shirt and everything, really?) They are such an elegant couple and I love the way they look in their more formal attire. Oh well, it's nice to see the happy family.

And I love Frederick's explanation of Maud's names. Lovely and meaningful.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's an informal picture, they look like happy grandparents.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Baby Maud looks adorable, that photo of her snuggling up to Sophie is so cute.

I have a feeling that they won't get to see each other often, but it would be nice if Maud could be a playmate for Prince George. I have that edition of Hello, and on the cover, there's a quote (which I assume is from one of the family) which says "it's lovely that Maud and Prince George are so close in age", so perhaps they will be playmates.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Baby Maud looks adorable, that photo of her snuggling up to Sophie is so cute.

I have a feeling that they won't get to see each other often, but it would be nice if Maud could be a playmate for Prince George. I have that edition of Hello, and on the cover, there's a quote (which I assume is from one of the family) which says "it's lovely that Maud and Prince George are so close in age", so perhaps they will be playmates.
One thing I can imagine is that in about 13-14 years when it all starts with George being the heart throb of the word, Maud will have to fight the girls off with a big stick with them wanting introductions to George. OK.. way way far ahead and probably far fetched but I'm sure the both of them will grow up knowing each other and that they're related.

I love the picture! Prince Michael reminds me a bit of Sean Connery. No matter how much older he gets, he's got the flair and good looks.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I can imagine is that in about 13-14 years when it all starts with George being the heart throb of the word, Maud will have to fight the girls off with a big stick with them wanting introductions to George. OK.. way way far ahead and probably far fetched but I'm sure the both of them will grow up knowing each other and that they're related.

I love the picture! Prince Michael reminds me a bit of Sean Connery. No matter how much older he gets, he's got the flair and good looks.
I agree with you, I also think they'll see each other on the balcony at Trooping the Colour in the future.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Lady Frederick is a stunningly gorgeous woman, and her baby girl is just beautiful.

What a perfect family photo of the the Kents...I love it!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Nobility

I hope they grow up as at least close acquaintances but almost surely Zara's child and George will be really close esp. if it's a boy.

Tags
lady frederick windsor, lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman