Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ingrid Seward of Majestic the baby is due around August 8th (due date).
Prince and Princess Michael will fly to LA in the first week of August

Just a reminder-

Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor's baby is due any day now.

According to Ingrid Seward of Majestic the baby is due around August 8th (due date).
Prince and Princess Michael will fly to LA in the first week of August

If born on that date and a girl would Beatrice's names figure as the 8th will be her 25th birthday?

No news yet on Frederick and Sophie Windsor's baby? I know it was due August 8 - looking forward to someone so far up the line of succession being American by birth! :lol:

Rumoured to be due August 8th, not confirmed.

No news yet on Frederick and Sophie Windsor's baby? I know it was due August 8 - looking forward to someone so far up the line of succession being American by birth! :lol:

Duchess of Cambridge was also due July 13, but in fact the baby arrived nearly 10 days later.

All these exact due date were rumors not confirm

Ingrid Seward from Majesty was the source for a birth on or around August 8th 2013
I think she is a reliable source.

A first baby tends to be up till two weeks later than due date.
So due date in this case is something like a gamble
That is why you never confirm a due date.
Wait and see!!!

B.T.W. it is not sure that they will announce the birth.
Frederick and Sophie Windsor are private persons.

The Gloucester grandchidren' s births and the births of Nicholas and Paola Windsor' s children were not announced and were known by coincidence.

DM will announce for sure the birth of Lord Frederick's first child, they have written a lot of articles on this branch of Kents' family.

On Twitter
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 2h

In Los Angeles, Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor await the arrival of their firstborn. He or she is now three days overdue. #RoyalBabyWatch2

On Twitter
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 2h

In Los Angeles, Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor await the arrival of their firstborn. He or she is now three days overdue. #RoyalBabyWatch2

Well that is quite normal. It is their first.
I doubt that they will announce the birth straight away
Maybe a few days after the birth

They miust be happy not to be dukes of Cambridge :flowers:

B.T.W I would not be surprised if this child will be born around August 20th
Now a days first babies tend to be born ten days up till two weeks after due date.
I just read some article about due dates and a delay is really a trend

Last edited:
It's a girl!

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 20m
It's a BABY GIRL for Frederick Windsor & Sophie Winkleman! Born 15 Aug in UCLA in Los Angeles; 42nd in line to the throne. CONGRATULATIONS!

From The Telegraph:

Lord Frederick Windsor was at his wife's side during the birth, which took place at a hospital in Los Angeles, where the couple are based.

In a statement Prince and Princess Michael said: "Lady Frederick Windsor was yesterday safely delivered of a baby girl at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Centre in Los Angeles. The weight of the baby was 7lb. Lord Frederick Windsor was present at the birth.

"Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's family and Sophie's family have been informed and are delighted with the news. The baby's name will be confirmed in a few days." END

Same birthday as Princess Royal!

Congratulations to Frederick and Sophie!

I was absolutely certain that they were going to have a boy, just like I was certain that William and Catherine were going to have a girl. Perhaps I shouldn't feel so certain that Zara is having a boy, because I seem to be a really bad guesser :D

Congratulations to Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor and their baby girl.

I thought this one was a boy myself.

I do think Zara will have a boy.

wow! It's a amazing news!!
congratulations to Frederick and Sophie.:flowers:
They are now proud parents of a daughter!!

Excellent news... I am sure she is gorgeous-congratulations to Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor!

Yay! I think we all agree I hope she looks a little more like Sophie than Freddie!

Congrats to parents, grandparents and aunts! (Lady Gabriella Windsor and Claudia Winkleman)

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 5m

The new 7lb granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, 42nd in line to the throne, has been named Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina.

Found this:-
As a British royal name, Maud was the youngest daughter of King Edward VII and granddaughter of Queen Victoria, who went on to become Queen of Norway. As a lively young girl, she was given the boyish nickname of Harry.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple.

I love the name they chose

Can we guess the names come from:
Maud - after Maud of Wales, Queen of Norway, granddaughter of Queen Victoria
Elizabeth - after her Majesty
Daphne - ??
Marina - after Frederik's grandmother

any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I expect that Daphne is someone on Sophie's side of the family

Status