Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyoune have any info on Maud Windor's christening and the names of godparents?

I guess someone from Goldsmith family will be among godparents.

Does anyoune have any info on Maud Windor's christening and the names of godparents?

I guess someone from Goldsmith family will be among godparents.

In this month's Magesty magazine Princess Michael says the christening will take place the day before the Queen's Christmas party at BP in the Chapel Royal so that should be in a couple of weeks time.

In this month's Magesty magazine Princess Michael says the christening will take place the day before the Queen's Christmas party at BP in the Chapel Royal so that should be in a couple of weeks time.

Thank you for the information.

Just found on Twitter

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor's daughter, Maud, was christened at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace this afternoon.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3m
Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor's daughter, Maud, was christened at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace this afternoon. #royal

More information

Maud wore the Royal Christening Robe, the hand-made replica of the Victorian Christening gown which was commissioned by The Queen in 2008.

This robe was first worn by Viscount Severn, son of the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and most recently by Prince George of Cambridge.

Nice that she was christened in the same place as Prince George. The christening gown must look so lovely on the babies, but I imagine it "drowns" the wearer at times. Prince Harry was so small when he was christened in it, but when James was christened he looked huge in it!

Nice that she was christened in the same place as Prince George. The christening gown must look so lovely on the babies, but I imagine it "drowns" the wearer at times. Prince Harry was so small when he was christened in it, but when James was christened he looked huge in it!

I don't think James wore it, he was quite big when he was christened.

James wore the replica gown when he was christened.

Did any members of the Royal Family attend other than Prince & Princess Michael and their daughter?

No car seat?

Are car seats required for infants in the UK?

Are car seats required for infants in the UK?

It's the law yes, not using a car seat is only allowed if the journey is unexpected, travelling in a taxi or necessary/short distance journeys.

Maud, should have been in a car seat, no matter how expensive the gown was.

Freddie, again, looks awful.

It was a Kent family affair the attendance of Zenouska Mowatt was confirmed via her twitter;

Zenouska Mowatt
#christening #family #love
https://twitter.com/Zenouska/status/412715240280035328/photo/1

Princess Alexandra attended, she's the lady in red I believe.

Last edited:
We now know that in addition to the family ignoring the baby seat laws today.... Wait for it...
George was not having anything t do with that bonnet.
Maud gets points for stepping up to the plate and putting up with the matching headgear!

They could have put the gown on her after they got there. That what Kate did when with George. He was in wearing a babygro in the carseat.

The Kents were coming from KP most likely which isn't a quick down the road journey to SJP like BP is.

An older George will appreciate mum and dad not making him wear the hat. Who was the last royal baby to wear the hat before Maud?

They could have put the gown on her after they got there. That what Kate did when with George. He was in wearing a babygro in the carseat.

The Kents were coming from KP most likely which isn't a quick down the road journey to SJP like BP is.

An older George will appreciate mum and dad not making him wear the hat. Who was the last royal baby to wear the hat before Maud?

The Cambridges went from KP to Clarence House where they would have put the gown on George - they then just had to walk through to the Chapel. The door they came out of prior to then entering the church (when William was holding George) was the way through to Clarence House.

I did wonder if the Windsors realised they needed one or even had one. I say that cos they live in America and its the 1st g'child and maybe it was that simple.

I also think its a hire car.

The Cambridges went from KP to Clarence House where they would have put the gown on George - they then just had to walk through to the Chapel. The door they came out of prior to then entering the church (when William was holding George) was the way through to Clarence House.

I did wonder if the Windsors realised they needed one or even had one. I say that cos they live in America and its the 1st g'child and maybe it was that simple.

I also think its a hire car.
Car seats for kids is the law here too. Citations only happen if you are pulled over and they see it - or for exceptional circumstances (the cop drives by as your 6 and 7 year olds are playing catch with the babe). Cops go straight to tickets though - no warnings - and that's the best for the care of the kids.

:previous: fair enough.

The reason I say hire car (poss chauffeur hire as alternative) is that there were 2 cars and Prince Michael may have 1 large limo but he wont have 2 (they do not have that much money)

I love how William and Catherine discreetly avoided using the bonnet :D But yeah, kudos to Frederick and Sophie for going full-on Christening dress - even though the bonnet is less than charming. The Christening dress is ravishing though. It looked so beautiful on George and it looks really nice on Maud as well.

Thanks for the photos!:flowers:.
Lady Gabriella looked great.
... [snipped]
It was a Kent family affair the attendance of Zenouska Mowatt was confirmed via her twitter;

Zenouska Mowatt
#christening #family #love
https://twitter.com/Zenouska/status/412715240280035328/photo/1

Princess Alexandra attended, she's the lady in red I believe.
Thanks for the photo!
It is great that the Kents attended the christening. Princess Alexandra looked quite frail.

Last edited:
So they were in taxi, and therefore car seat not necessary? '

Frankly, I would have dressed her up last minute too. Hey, I have teenagers and I still make them dress last minute...:p

Why did they wait 9 months for Eugenie's christening?

Why did they wait 9 months for Eugenie's christening?

If I recall, it had something to do with Prince Andrew's service in the Navy. I think his ship may have been at sea and the christening date was the first opportunity he had to be home.

Maud Windsor is adorable baby girl :in_love:
She is really cute and daddy's girl!! :lol:

:previous: fair enough.

The reason I say hire car (poss chauffeur hire as alternative) is that there were 2 cars and Prince Michael may have 1 large limo but he wont have 2 (they do not have that much money)

The Kents use a Bentley and a Rolls Royce. They used the Rolls solely until the late ninties when they acquired the Bentley and have alternated between the two since. But even if they didn't they wouldn't have to hire. They have enough family members and friends to borrow from if they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom